test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GAME BROKEN WITH NO HEALS ON 80+ CONTENT

aaron#1767 aaron Member Posts: 75 Arc User
the nerf to heals wont make much change on content below level 80 because of the scale down. TIC TOMM will not be possible anymore without eating thousands of full heal pots. This is just another way for greedy craptic to make more money from people now having to rely on full heal pots instead of healers. I just spent an entire hour trying to beat bell and everyone was geting killed all over the place and there was nothing i could do about it. My heals went for 70% as cleric to 10% most the time on even just myself without even being split. Was not even able to get one wining run on bell today but thats my point. Sure the players were probaly under geared but if only pay to win or the oldest players can do any of the new content then this game will be dead in the next few weeks. Now all thats left is leveling up to levle 80 then quit the craptic game unless your the 10% that could already do TOMM.

Comments

• aaron#1767 aaron Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    they should triple the use time in full heal pots or nerf them by half so that people don't have to rely on them instead of healers now. If they do that nothing over 80 will be possible without eating 3x the res scrolls and full heal pots so either way its lose for craptic
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Since they are a company, they can do whatever they want with their game.

That being said, they are killing the game. Making healing almost imposible only show that we ain't necesary for ANY group content, since they only need stones/potions and potion boons. If with this murderous nerf they at least gave us REAL buffs/debuffs, we COULD have a chance, but instead we have silence. Not ONE dev show its face and explained the WHY. Now we need to wait from 1 to 30 weeks to see if they fix this.
    I sure know im waiting to see how they fuc---rework the Soulweaver again. Now i only need to change my whole lovely build for this.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

well i gave up on my cleric healing with that new 3 second chanel divinity TAB key heal for single target. Went to my warlock. Its still the same on warlocks but better now so they are good healers now.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Well..

I'll agree that there are some balancing concerns in game now, both because the new scaling system seems to hit us harder and because of the reduced heals.

BUT:
    There are some adaptations players need to do, and I don't want to cry wolf until things have settled down a little.
    * Players need to play more defensively and be better at avoiding damage. People need to max out their defense stat. Up to now the dps players have more or less forgotten that THEY also have a responsibility for avoiding damage, keeping people up is not exclusively the healers job.
    * Healers need to adapt the way they are healing. You can no longer as Cleric just chainspam Bastion. So we also have a bit of improvement available in the healing by adjusting healer gameplay.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    And yet, endgame content was still able to be completed on preview, and even on live...give it time to get used to the changes and give DPS time to adjust to not being able to stand in red or in front of the boss etc.

I find it interesting they also added scroll of life to the tarmalude trade bar shop. Hmm. As if though they expect tons of deaths now.

These have always been in the tradebar store.

I went from 48% out too 17% out :/
    I have spent loads of AD,upgrade tokens etc and irl money for my healing companions, for no reason.
    Refund lol.
    Why dont u test ur changes before sending them live?
    You can impossible have done that wtih this changes.

I dunno, maby doin as many others at this point.
    Head over too another mmo.

It's still better to use outgoing healing than the alternates. If you went with power for companions, your heals won't be as powerful as they were even with the lowered outgoing healing.
    All is not lost. I just got through TIC in a exp group with minimal deaths but we did need some res scrolls. Healing is all about the TAB key now. Mark target then heal it.
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I have been playing healers from many years ago. I have several end game healers.

I understand what they are trying to do: make healing more challenging so its more fun.

BUT

The hit is very very big. I am just not motivated to train myself in the new meta when I know that in the end im being much worse than i was before. I am too anticipating the blames healers will recieve on failures, so even less motivation to get into that.

I sometimes talk with my guildies about the difficulties of each role in TOMM, and for me the biggest challenge is being healer. As tank or dps is far more relaxed in there. If I think about stress, I prefer to be solo-tank than one of two healers. And Im talking about BEFORE this ultra-nerf.

I can just play as dps or tank.
  • evilingeevilinge Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thanx for ruining Healing
  • rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I have a question for anyone who says that they ruined healing. How exactly is it ruined? Are the new mechanics less enjoyable or is it the fact that you dont feel useful enough?

I dont play any healing class but the channel divinity changes do seem like you could be running around more and doing stuff instead of channeling. On the other hand when I was getting crit healed for 54k HP by 26k IL cleric in Lomm it was quite ridiculous.
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User

I have a question for anyone who says that they ruined healing. How exactly is it ruined? Are the new mechanics less enjoyable or is it the fact that you dont feel useful enough?

I dont play any healing class but the channel divinity changes do seem like you could be running around more and doing stuff instead of channeling. On the other hand when I was getting crit healed for 54k HP by 26k IL cleric in Lomm it was quite ridiculous.

Just as you said. Healing spells now are very reduced from before, so the healing that before took 2 seconds, now takes 10.

That means people will stay with low hp, and so in danger of dying, for much longer.

In the other hand when you are hit hard and drop to 20% HP, you can take a potion. By the moment the healer would have healed all those HP, the potion will be almost out of cooldown.

We have to try all options, but healers are dangerously near or even bellow than just healing with potions.
  • longherslonghers Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    In my opinon Think what some people dont relise right now is yes healing is bad at the moment but at the same time it its making you work as a team right now. There is nothing better than knowing the boss's / dungeon/trail machanics people just cant go around face tanking boss's anymore and expect to be healed right up your going to have to get into good postions to stop you getting hit and make life a lot easier for your healer. So if your DPS are now running in front of the tank then they will just die and it there own fault not yours and maybe thats something you might need to explain to people at the start of a dungeon/trail. You have to put the tools you got to work and stop and think for one minute about what your doing. BUT for now i agree that the healing needs to be worked on a lot more cause right now its just poor. And for the DEV team please can some one comment on what is happing and give us some feedback from your side cause right now your letting your communtity down with no saying anything.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User

In my case its both.
    Soulweaver was reworked, from all the new encounters one is "useful" enough and only if the team can stay still, and even then nor them or you will see it since its particles are nearly invisible.
    Feats are just sad, the first two has no impact, two are for the Lifespark but you won't even notice its there, one is for DPS and the rest is nearly useless.
    Classfeatures are the same. One good enough, One dps, Two bad.

It it were just "re learning" or "redo my build" i wouldn't have that MUCH rage, but the problem is that the new kit + nerf = Soulweaver suck. The only class and role i really loved is trashed.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• drigon#5157 drigon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I "heard" that changes were made to make a cleric more desirable to play. And to make the under geared bad healers into a good healer and the good healers would be even better.

Well the changes make a cleric less desirable to play, and all it has done is turned good healers into bad healers.

I did TIC with guild members, all of us were geared well, my cleric being the lowest geared at 26.7k . Normally the first boss goes fairly smooth and enjoyable. With the changes, we had a rough time, burning through Healing stones and res scrolls and it was definitely not enjoyable.

And good luck with a pug. I did two pug RTQ and they were all horrible.

I think these changes are going to cause a even greater cleric shortage
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

I find it interesting they also added scroll of life to the tarmalude trade bar shop. Hmm. As if though they expect tons of deaths now.

and they also increased their prices (stones of health included)
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

yeah we have more time to stand around using our HAMSTER at-wills because most of the encounter have huge coolwdons

let me explain to you how a soulweaver is, since you don't play healers

-eldritch blast - our only reliable dmg at-will now - 35 magnitude

with boons + off-hand cooldown reduction here are our encounter cooldowns:

Bova -15.1s
    wraith's shadow - 19.8s
    pillar of power - 23.6s
    warlock's bargain - 28.3s
    Hadar's grasp - 18.9s

we really do have a lot to do with all the free time we have now...

and that's not even the real problem

Tab mechanic is bugged, i did tiamat yesterday and out of 50 tries i managed to mark the target no more than 10 times, oh and when i finnaly marked someone it was hard to see it with all the health bars plus randoms animations.

Revitalize is pretty much useless in aoe - if we have 5 people on it each one gets a 160 magnitude heal (nice)

Soulstorm is almost invisible and on top of that in the current meta isn't worth it because you need to move a lot to dodge stuff and this encounter doesn't move with the player, oh but you can cast multiple times, yeah.. 220 soulweave cost for a 500 magnitude heal over time is garbage but it's the best aoe we have =).

If you really want to heal you can only depend on soul reconstruction at-will, and using it in dungeons is not hard you just need positioning but in trials when there's companions and 10 players good luck healing the player you want to heal

Not even bother with the rest, all of this was said in the mod19-healing changes thread and we were ignored

• rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses. Hopefully they will listen and do something so you can enjoy the healing and also be useful.

Few months ago I felt like the communication between the devs and players improved a lot but recently I feel like were back at the bottom with zero communication.
  • helix#4749 helix Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    airavis1 said:

the nerf to heals wont make much change on content below level 80 because of the scale down. TIC TOMM will not be possible anymore without eating thousands of full heal pots. This is just another way for greedy craptic to make more money from people now having to rely on full heal pots instead of healers. I just spent an entire hour trying to beat bell and everyone was geting killed all over the place and there was nothing i could do about it. My heals went for 70% as cleric to 10% most the time on even just myself without even being split. Was not even able to get one wining run on bell today but thats my point. Sure the players were probaly under geared but if only pay to win or the oldest players can do any of the new content then this game will be dead in the next few weeks. Now all thats left is leveling up to levle 80 then quit the craptic game unless your the 10% that could already do TOMM.

This is also made worse with the new scaling system that now results in multiple party wipes and character deaths in older content from REDQ and RTQ's
  • baalhashmalbaalhashmal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

And yet, endgame content was still able to be completed on preview, and even on live...give it time to get used to the changes and give DPS time to adjust to not being able to stand in red or in front of the boss etc.

These have always been in the tradebar store.\
    Scroll of Mass Life yes.

Scroll of Life, no. That was added as of this mod.

Both.

I am at the mercy of the divinity recharge speed. I had the option to channel divinity and keep it up in case some unexpected situation happens, providing more divinity in the long term. Channel divinity isn't fun, but it provided a better sense of insurance that if things went awry, I'd have enough to deal with multiple party members taking some immense damage.

Here's a typical breakdown of dungeon game play prior to this mod:
    • If my divinity is full, use damaging-at will, use secondary at-will to keep increased healing, use a debuff encounter when available, re-position for granting combat advantage to fellow party members and keep an eye on health bars
    • If party members needed healing, heal appropriately, use Divine Glow and begin channeling divinity
    • While replenishing divinity, if another heal is required, heal as needed
    • If running low on divinity, let other party members know and focus on regaining divinity, priority healing on tank in a pinch
    • Keep daily at the ready to heal en-masse, allowing summoned angel to provide healing support as necessary.
    No, I am not able to run around and do more stuff. I have to choose when I toss heals carefully based on how much divinity I have. Not only that, the healing is sub-par. I'm still doing what I did before it's just far less effective and I have to be more selective as to whom to heal. What other options are there? Switching to soothe and trying to properly aim at moving players hoping you heal the intended target? Is this an FPS now? I'd rather focus on being able to heal more frequently than do anything else -- not DPS, not buff (that was a few mods ago, which was real fun).

Cleric: Marquis Elmdore - Current Main <3
    Wizard: Iamblichus
    Fighter: Anna the Titan
    Barbarian: Anann Valkyrja
    Ranger: Minerva Cory'phaia
    Warlock: Suri Coralyne Reid

Guild: She Looked Level 18.
    Alliance: Imperium