test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback from a Paying Customer since MOD 2

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
Do ANY OF YOU Devs actually play this game?? Just curious.

It does seem to be a recurring theme... wait until a player learns their character and get into a smooth rhythm of playing from the last "Nerf/Change" and then BAM... change it all up on them again, just so weeks or months down the road to change it back to something more "USER FRIENDLY".

There is a shortage of healers in this game as it is... now, you change them yet AGAIN at the start of MOD 19, which means a LOT of content will not be playable for a while due to those healers having to ONCE AGAIN learn how to play. It's like finally tuning up a new engine in a race car, then installing a completely different engine just mins before a race. Not sure the thought process here.. JMHO

Comments

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    One of the worst things is that originally the magnitudes were doubled in most encounters but 1 week before the lauch of mod 19 they nerfed them without telling. The other worst things are the rework of soulweaver into a bad mix of pallyheals and dc with even sadders buffs, and the change of the "spark metter" into a "divinity metter".
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    If you have played since mod 2, you should have known that they kept on changing/nerfing/changing/nerfing/.. for Nth times already and N is > 16.
    You should not be surprised at all. New player may not know that but you should have get used to that by now.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Anyone playing a healer, myself included as a Cleric main, knew they were extremely overpowered since the Mod 16 rework and the devs have repeatedly stated that changes will be coming to bring them in line. This should not surprise anyone that takes the time to read a few announcements/ forum threads.

The latest ninja changes from a few days ago were uncalled for and nobody i have talked to supports them, the overall reworks coming with Mod 19 were welcomed up to that point as they were very much needed and in my opinion should have been made a long time ago but it is what it is.
  • shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User

Anyone playing a healer, myself included as a Cleric main, knew they were extremely overpowered since the Mod 16 rework and the devs have repeatedly stated that changes will be coming to bring them in line. This should not surprise anyone that takes the time to read a few announcements/ forum threads.

The latest ninja changes from a few days ago were uncalled for and nobody i have talked to supports them, the overall reworks coming with Mod 19 were welcomed up to that point as they were very much needed and in my opinion should have been made a long time ago but it is what it is.

I apologize but i like to differ. Dcs and bluebars (mostly the second) might be overpowered, but warlocks were not. Most Soulweaver i knew (me included) struggle most of the times in latest content to find groups outside of pugs. And im talking from a non BiS perspective. Also, i didn't find any Soulweaver that was happy with the new rework of the class.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• leftbearleftbear Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Pally healer here, I've been searching for words to express my thoughts but the above about sums it up for me. The fact that they cant see the most powerful healing you can bring to a group is a stone of health is beyond me and why that wasn't nerfed before all 3 real healers was just boggles the mind. Why Cryptic doesn't realize that learning the two most recent trials is akin to learning a choreographed dance routine and the folks who did that one healer run have been practicing if not daily then a lot. I can do the macarena but I'll never win Strictly come Dancing, bottom line you over reacted.

In any case Cryptic I've no desire to spam a 50k heal over and over and over again trying to heal through phase changes in ToMM so please register my dissatisfaction.