test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Helmite Paladin Ghost companions stuck in Protector's Enclave as intended or bug?

roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
A guild member asked me recently if I also heard the voices in Protector's Enclave at various locations so we explored various locations together and I was able to determine that although there is no visible Companion, the spoken audio lines are the same as the Helmite Paladin Ghost companion. I said I didn't know if they were intended or bug, because I've seen several types of companion persistent residual effects since I've found Neverwinter.

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They are the spectral trickersters from the Halloween event, Masquerade of Liars. They are supposed to be disabled outside the event but got renabled at mod 16 launch. The devs fixed that at some point buy apparently the change got reverted at mod 18 launch and they have back ever since. It has been reported and acknowledged numerous times but probably isn't a priority.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Okay, thanks. Find it peculiar then that those event spectres say the same thing as the companion and not something else, or maybe those spectres were all also Helmite Paladins?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This bug of deactivated or defunct critters happens elsewhere as well. Here's a really weird example: in Drowned Shore, if you approach one of the carts of ballista supplies, you might catch a glimpse of some lizardfolk standing there that suddenly disappear. This hearkens back to the very early days of Elemental Evil, before there was an actual Elemental Evil campaign in the campaign list. That cart used to be defended by lizardfolk, when there were no agitators at the nearby cult flag (indeed, when there wasn't even a flag there). It's strange that somehow the game still "remembers" that there used to be a lizardfolk encounter there and rapidly despawns it. Maybe there should be an extra event during Simril called the Ghosts of Encounters Past :lol:
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    Another oddity in Drowned Shore is an illusionary tree concealing a druid near the unused campfire of Old Lenn. I was taking a break from the game at mod 6 release and didn't come back until just after the mod 9 change to make it a campaign. I assume this was for a now gone quest, like the Air Tomes in Spinward.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Air tomes are still a thing in Spinward. The harper gives you the quests for them after you finish the zone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Interesting. I didn't know that but it was rather pointless for some minor RP gems. Doesn't even grant lore.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Another oddity in Drowned Shore is an illusionary tree concealing a druid near the unused campfire of Old Lenn. I was taking a break from the game at mod 6 release and didn't come back until just after the mod 9 change to make it a campaign. I assume this was for a now gone quest, like the Air Tomes in Spinward.

Yes, there used to be a quest involving that druid. It was one of the last quests before you entered the water node. A ton of EE quests were removed to bring the campaign in line with other leveling areas in terms of the number of quests you had to do, but the result is leftovers like this, or in the case of Reclamation Rock and Fiery Pit the storyline becomes disjointed.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured