test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Infernal secrets and the infernal grind for a rod...

OK so this is another poor me thread... but I can't help it.

The grind that has been instituted for the final rod of our forge box is plain old nuts. First we are limited to 54 secrets a day (why 54 I don't know..) which only drop from Bel. That's an issue already since we can only hold 150 at a time. You are limited to buying 3 boxes a day. That's 15k ad with no real return because it is all character or account bound rewards. Rough ad is plentiful already as well.

The drop rate on the rod from that box is so low it might as well not exist. I'm fairly certain that I am going to be spending hundreds of thousands if not well over a ad to get this rod, which will take weeks.

That just doesn't settle well for me. Either we should have more opportunities to get secrets and hold more each day or just raise the drop rate to make it appear in a reasonable amount of time and cost.

Comments

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Yeah, if this is what "Horizontal Progression" is all about... then "meh".
    Just keep telling yourself, "At least it's not fishing... At least it's not fishing... At least it's not fishing... At least it's not Voninblood... At least it's not Voninblood... At least it's not Voninblood..."

It might be down to Chris not having been around for Storm King's Thunder, but the best form of increasing chances to get a chase item through grinding was most definitely the Hunt system in Ravenloft. It took a long time to get exactly what you wanted, but at least there was some variation in the chase.

This shower, rinse, repeat HAMSTER gets old REAL quick. Especially with lock out timers.
  • colos#7661 colos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Well they did name the last piece correctly at least. It's a dented metal rod from all the players hitting their heads against it.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Agreed. I decided a week or two ago that aside from the occasional competent full-party run (a matter of sheer happenstance), legendary-grade box is 'good enough'. It's unsatisfactory and is yet another kick in the teeth which further sours my perception of Cryptic.

My advice? Don't waste your AD, and more importantly don't throw away something far, far more precious: your time.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    @nitocris83 You may wanna take a look into this problem and cure our sickness since it almost took you guys four weeks to fix the Bel`s Episode fiasco and this is almost the only thing we ve got in the past few patches. And it is still unpolished. I hardly encourage you and your team to play this for few weeks and tell us how it feels like. The way you guys put everyting around rng wise it is just unhealthy. I am pretty sure if you were forced to reroll your salary for the time spent to work, you wouldn t be too pleased. Make our times worth to be spent in your game. I play Neverwinter to relax myself after a day of work, not get to frustrated because there has been another day in Neverwinter where I spent 30 minutes to get 3 epic useless rings. Same as for other dungeons where I spent 20-30minutes on avarage to finish it just to get nothing in the final chests other than dissapointment and a lose of maybe 40k Ad if I am gambling.

@cwhitesidedev#9752 Sir I am asking you for a better understanding of the actual situation and also of the unforbbiden past that gived us hard times regarding gameplay experience. We do understand the `Corona` situation and also the fact that you and your team can`t make the big changes over the night but I truly encourage you to take some time and delay the content release date instead of releasing it broken like the Bel`s Episode. I can see what are you trying to do but as a Veteran player I get used to this kind of behaivor where economy revamp it is just another step to prepare people for another nerfs or steps (as you call them moving foreword) were we will get the same pattern over and over griding for our enchantments to get in the final endgame, struggling to finish the content and win a Blood Ruby. I am tired to complain and I may be no longer around to see if any of my words counts 0.01% for you and your team but I am 99,9% sure that I am not the only one who feels the same.

Thank you!
    A humble member of the community.
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Can we get some sort of input from a dev on this? It's a rather significant issue
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    All good points. Players have been posting about these same issue on the PC forums for awhile now so I am sure Cryptic is aware. Some suggestions have been to lower the number of infernal secrets needed to purchase the box from 15 to 5 and to speed up the Bel timers. I would suggest just setting the cost of the ornate box to be a fixed amount that would guarantee that once purchased would contain the rod. Make it 150 infernal secrets or something and remove the RNG frustration factor.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    We have been complaining about this on the PC forum for quite a while, but quite frankly, the whole "Rage of Bel" chapter is such a badly designed, badly coded and badly tested mess that this really should not have been a surprise.

Anyhow, the drop rate has been estimated to be 1.5%. This is a bit low, because it means that a very significant percentage of players will not be able to obtain the last rod by the time Mod 19 arrives (today on the PC, and in several weeks on the consoles). Personally I would have suggested a drop rate in the 2-2.5% range.

This is not the only issue with the drops from the box though.... the rings are worthless, just bad imitations of the ToMM rings, and the weapon transmutes are BtC for a random class, which feels like a slap in the face every time I get one ... making them BtA would have been the right thing to do, but that would have required thinking about what players actually want, so, no...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    HEY DEVS!!!!!

Bel only starts every 9 or so hours now. Meaning a large number of players have 0 chance at playing it. Even full time grinders are finding it difficult to get the orange rod with this level
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Considering the lack of participation by players you might want to consider putting all this stuff on a rotational timer just so Bel might show up instead of being stuck on insurgencies for 6, 7, or 8 hours.... that would give players at least a chance at trying to farm him to get secrets to buy a box with a terrible drop rate and virtually no chance of seeing the rod....
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    So what is the intention here? To have people waiting forever (9+ housr) to get a chance to get tokens to be able to get chest that is completely RNG based? Is this the design of the game? Can someone from the dev team please respond to all these numerous posts? Seems like NW devs care little to zero. Rng I am sure.
  • nobodybutme#2749 nobodybutme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Looks like I'm not the only one scammed by this rod.
    How many AD/Time do I have to spend before I get it ?

RNG is no god, more like the evil itself.