test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19: Warlock Feedback

1235»

Comments

• usmanazeem#8526 usmanazeem Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    BUG:the offhand modifications are stipl including soul defiler which was replaced with infernal barrier, so change it .Also yes,it would be a blessing to see killing flames be more impactful as 500-750 is 50% damage we lose,600 is the least we could get and 650 would be a cherry on top @joebot#9387 <3
    warlocks are just fine in aoe,it is singletarget especially trials we want balance in,and killing flames is the big daddy of our ST,would be nice to see 600-750 befoe we hit live
    Oh and hadar's grasp os super useful for stacking but made useless by its low magnitude 230 which is 30 more than an aoe power(fiery bolt) with less cooldown
    Post edited by usmanazeem#8526 on
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    Is it possible that making the warlock's single target dps more in line with another class's - is less important than ensuring aoe powers are always relevant in every encounter?
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Is it possible that making the warlock's single target dps more in line with another class's - is less important than ensuring aoe powers are always relevant in every encounter?

There will be a guide released in a day or so that people in your situations feeling a little left behind ST will benefit from @usmanazeem#8526 and @frogwalloper#6494

Warlocks are in a decent spot atm :)
    @xavior44 where can i find guide,also is there a healing guide?,yeah i feel warlocks are in a much better spot but the powers are lackluster and could use rework/improvement thats all
  • samfandango#7687 samfandango Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    @usmanazeem#8526 There is a healing section as well, although it's a bit more sparse at the moment due to the last preview patch curveball. We will be making updates and revisions once the new Weaver has been on the road a bit longer

https://cloakalliance.wordpress.com/2020/06/30/warlock-in-the-ninth-hell-module-19/?fbclid=IwAR2Tif7ksReydhH8jmTZlemN7ZRMgvIW9y6asFpzFOul2zVLDenaPcoq69U
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    While this guide is accurate, and true for the current state of the game and it will give you the best DPS, it doesnt address why it is the best right now.
    That is simply because Bilethorns delayed 40magnitude hit, and deadly curse both trigger twice per cast of hellish rebuke, when combined with ACC+deadly curse feats, and this is clearly unintended.
    Also deadly curse triggers twice per attack of Hand of blight melee which is also clearly unintended.

Im sure there are some people are perfectly happy to accept beneficial bugs, or just deny they are there, but a bug is a bug, whether good or bad and they need to be addressed or the class will never be truly balanced
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User

I have these bugs in soul spark recovery feat:
    -The tooltip says every 6 Soul Sparks spent reduces encounter cooldown 1 second, but only reduce approx 0,6 second every 6 soul spaks spent.
    -The feat doesn't reduce curse bite cooldown.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    @joebot#9387
    Bova needs a way to toggle aiming off for allys when hellbringer, or even better, make it only targetable on soulweaver.

Looking into the sky to activate a power will get old really fast as a hellbringer.
  • katrina913#2530 katrina913 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

While this guide is accurate, and true for the current state of the game and it will give you the best DPS, it doesnt address why it is the best right now.
    That is simply because Bilethorns delayed 40magnitude hit, and deadly curse both trigger twice per cast of hellish rebuke, when combined with ACC+deadly curse feats, and this is clearly unintended.
    Also deadly curse triggers twice per attack of Hand of blight melee which is also clearly unintended.

Im sure there are some people are perfectly happy to accept beneficial bugs, or just deny they are there, but a bug is a bug, whether good or bad and they need to be addressed or the class will never be truly balanced

This has been reported many times and is actually stated in the guide :)
  • xavior44xavior44 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2020

As katrina stated above the deadly curse + acc procing twice is mentioned in the guideand Yes i have reported deadly + accand its behavior but as it stands its what we need to use to keepup, id welcome a fix accompanied by another change that madeup for the lost dps, also bilethorn is double procing on HR without those feats IMO 1 for the initial hit and one for the dot, you will notice like any other dot the after tics only proc the 5% on bilethorn and not anything else :) and this is technically working as intended
    @xavior44
    My biggest issue, and why I dont think its intended is because there is no consistency. If the reason it was proccing twice was because of the DoT portion being applied triggered a second bilethorn ( which is probably whats causing it true) then it should work like this for all duel purpose attacks.
    A Prime example for us is Hellfire ring, an initial hit and a separate DoT, also the DoT ticks are treated as separate attacks, each with their own crit chance, by that i mean they are different to say, Hadars grasp, where its all treated as 1 attack, if the first tick is a crit, they all are. But both of these only trigger 1 stack of bilethorn.

Then there is BoVa, which works the same as hadars now, if the first tick is a crit, they all are, but each tick triggers a stack of bilethorn yet hadars doesnt, neither does soulscorch.

I hardly ever use dreadtheft, but im pretty sure it works the same way hellfire ring does, where each tick is a separate hit/crit yet im pretty sure each hit gives a bilethorn stack.

Thats mostly why all my testing is done without out and enchantment, because i dont think the viability of a power should be dictated by the enchantment you use, especially when there is no consistency to how the enchantment works. or anything none class specific. stuff like companions/enchants etc should be bonus damage, not drastically change how a power interacts.

I am a realist however, and currently we get more damage using these, I just hope if they ever decide to change DC/bilethorn that they realise that we are getting quite a large chunk of damage from these 2 interactions, and the damage will have to be added back in elsewhere for us to stay at this DPS level.
    also apologies for missing DC being mentioned as a bug. it was very long :+1:
    edited July 2020
    @joebot#9387 BUG:the healing paragon tab aka life mark doesnt seem to always work on target(IN PARTY) even if i hold ctrl to hard target lock and press tab multiple times,other times instantly marks
    Feedback:would be nice to reduce delay a bit on the life pact,currently youhave to predict attacks abput 1.2seconds earlier,soul reconstruction is most suitable for single target heals but life pact is needed when you cant get LoS on tank or you need the 1000 magnitude burst heal but its take more than 1s to get it out,.7secs would be more reasonable unless its caused by lag?
  • ancientryancientry Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Bug: during a trial, the feat where the lifespark is supposed to channel unto me to increase divinity didnt stop channeling even if my divinity was full, i also couldnt heal the lifepacted teammate.... this feature is pretty buggy for something more essential than a soul puppet