test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [6/25]

2»

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

No they won't. Every account is a contract between the user and Cryptic and as long as there is no breach of contract on my side, Cryptic wouldn't be allowed to "ban" my account. In case it wanted my to ban me for this which I doubt a lot. And that's the last time I will answer this speculation of yours.

It isn't speculation. It has happened in the past and will happen again. If you backcharge, they don't want your business. Simple as that.

"20.2ANY APPLICABLE ZEN, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND NON REFUNDABLE. ZEN HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. ZEN AND THE RIGHT TO USE APPLICABLE ZEN ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR PART. THE RIGHT TO USE ZEN IS AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE LICENSE TO USE THE SERVICE AND GAME.
    20.3You explicitly acknowledge and agree that the a right to use (license) Zen starts from the moment fees have been paid and that you are able from that moment to use Zen for the intended purpose. You explicitly acknowledge and agree that you lose the right to withdraw from the purchase of Zen."

And there is no one to 'allow' or 'disallow' them banning you.
    "4.12Please note that regardless of any notice, we reserve the right to discontinue the Service or to terminate or suspend your Account at any time in our sole discretion, for any reason, or for no reason."
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017785053-Chargebacks-and-Account-Bans

Chargebacks and Account Bans

An account that has been banned as a result of a chargeback or payment dispute must first have the payment issues resolved before it can be released. If your account has been banned due to a chargeback you will need to conact Customer Support to discuss the next steps. If your ban is related to an open payment dispute, please contact the payment provider used to make the payment and cancel the dispute. It may take a couple of days for them to resolve the dispute, however once this happens we can release your account for repayment. Once your account is balanced, we will unban your account.

That is you will be banned by default until you are unbanned if they unban you. Good luck.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2020

Another failed attempt at communication, well done.
    Such a rare extended maintenance deserved a MUCH bigger announcement in the client than that tiny red text nobody reads anyway.

It does not matter how big, how flashy the announcement is.
    If people do not read it, they don't read it.

For those who comes to the forum,

"Upcoming extended maintenance schedule - June 23 & 25 5-11am PT"

has been on the top of the forum for over a week. I knew that on the first day it was posted.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2020
    By the way, you still can get 50% off coupon from bounty and use it. That does not end with the event. Same as your daily figurine.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    > @plasticbat said:
    > By the way, you still can get 50% off coupon from bounty and use it. That does not end with the event. Same as your daily figurine.

True in regards to the boxes that can drop coupons.

The Neverember Figurines, however, have a 6-7 day expiration timer now that the event had concluded.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > By the way, you still can get 50% off coupon from bounty and use it. That does not end with the event. Same as your daily figurine.

This is correct, however, I think everyone is upset that they wont be able to purchase the limited time enchantment packs with said coupon, as it ended with the event to my knowledge.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

edited June 2020
    zyronax said:

> @plasticbat said:

True in regards to the boxes that can drop coupons.

The Neverember Figurines, however, have a 6-7 day expiration timer now that the event had concluded.

It is still possible to get the 15 figurine item if one got the first one on the first day before 8pm EST.
    i.e. the garden key if one cares. Last year, I just bought all those renown bag using the extra figurines since there was nothing I cared.
  • jurian#2779 jurian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2020

By the way, you still can get 50% off coupon from bounty and use it. That does not end with the event. Same as your daily figurine.

That's actually some useful information. An information Arc could have provided beforehand (ingame and not in some forum entry - I and many other don't play the game to read forums, and there's nothing wrong with expecting to get such relevant information ingame). We will see if I will be around to make use of this information next year. If there will be a next year for me. And if there will be a next year for Neverwinter.

It cannot help people with a similar problem like mine, though, as the "Rank 14 Weapon/Armor Enchantment Choice Pack" has left the Zen shop with the end of the event.

And regarding all the other unnecessary talk about what Arc/Cryptic/Perfect World will try to do and what they are allowed to do and what not (in my case it should be Perfect World Europe B.V., at least they are involved as a middleman for the payment) if I try to get my money back:

There's not only Arc/Cryptic/Perfect World's terms of use, but there is also the law (of all the different countries they operate in) and there's also the contract between Paypal and Arc/Cryptic/Perfect World's. So many factors that it's pointless to have a debate about it here. Especially since probably none of us is a lawyer and a especially not in this topic.

The first step (and this is also the case if you try to get your money back via Paypal) is always to talk to the service provider and see whether or not you can come to an agreement. Not more and not less. Without being a b*tch or a bully. If a plea is enough for Arc/Cryptic/Perfect World to terminate an account and if that is the way they like to treat their (usually) paying long-term custumers - well, I better find out sooner than later. But I usually don't experience Arc/Cryptic/Perfect World as the bullies according to the image of them some are trying to give me.

Most importantly and back to the actual topic:
    All of that shouldn't be part of a discussion about unreasonableness of scheduling a 6-hour long shard maintenance as the end of a major event, totally inconsistent with an event timer and a calendar which are both telling otherwise.

This incident left me as an unsatisfied paying customer and the bad scheduling of this 6-hour long shard maintenance played a major role in that. And I like to believe that Arc/Cryptic/Perfect World would like to avoid having unsatisfied paying customers for lots of reasons - if they can avoid it. And I think that according the scheduling of server maintenances AND according the ingame-information about the runtimes of major game events, they can do better. It will be a win-win situation for everyone if they do.

The simple solution: scheduling server maintenance for the beginning i. e. for after the end of events. If I would have known from the event timer and from the calendar that the event would have ended at the time when server mainenance started, I would have been prepared better to act accordingly. But being told constantly that there are still more than 5 hours left to go for the event - and a few minutes later the event de facto ends - this is just calling for a lot of angry customers.
    Post edited by jurian#2779 on
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Did you stop to think that, as it affected all Cryptic Games, that it is the server farm that they use that was doing the maintenance not Cryptic itself? And I am certain that the owner of the server farm, and it is not Cryptic or PWE, could care less about what is going on in the game. There are some things out of their control when they do not own the servers, just renting space on it.
This discussion has been closed.