test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [6/25]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter will undergo extended maintenance tomorrow, June 25, from 5am to 11am PT. Patch Notes discussion thread is available here.

Comments

• zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    6 hours for a maintenance, seriously?
  • takuaraltakuaral Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What is the logic of this?
    the event would last for another 4 hours, and you do a 6 hour maintenance?
    I went back to playing yesterday and wanted to win the prize, I spent a whole day farming. And now I missed the event because of maintenance.
    I already started discouraging.

Well that was a real annoyance yet again you pull the shard down long before the end of an event, there are other countries out there that it is only 930pm when you pulled it, do you care about us in Australia or are we just an after thought if even that. I am getting sick of paying money for this game and being treated like a second class nobody, I have spent over $600 us on Zen this week and now I can not even buy the items that were on sale in what was suppose to be the last 5 hours of the sale. I think you should have a 50% off everything for a week in Neverwinter to make up for so many spoiled events. Rob

I completely understand the above sentiments. Having a timer for events that are then cut short due to a maintenance is annoying to put it mildly.
  • zercies#1907 zercies Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Unsure to why it take 6 hours to do maintenance. It always bothers me why you guys feel the need to do maintenance BEFORE the event ends and bring it back up when the event is NO LONGER active. I appreciate the event and the rewards but I think the maintenance should definitely be done afterwards so everyone can reap the benefits that they have been grinding their hours away for. - Zercies
  • takuaraltakuaral Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Well that was a real annoyance yet again you pull the shard down long before the end of an event, there are other countries out there that it is only 930pm when you pulled it, do you care about us in Australia or are we just an after thought if even that. I am getting sick of paying money for this game and being treated like a second class nobody, I have spent over $600 us on Zen this week and now I can not even buy the items that were on sale in what was suppose to be the last 5 hours of the sale. I think you should have a 50% off everything for a week in Neverwinter to make up for so many spoiled events. Rob

I completely understand the above sentiments. Having a timer for events that are then cut short due to a maintenance is annoying to put it mildly.
    understand will not bring the investment again
    takuaral said:

understand will not bring the investment again
    True, I was just agreeing that having a maintenence (especially an early one), is not a great way to end an event that is primarily based on farming. I see no logic to this at all.
  • forranger#7689 forranger Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am playing this game for 4 years and i think this is the first time i saw that the game would be shut down for 6 hours lol.

I want to know how hard it would be to let events end when they are advertised in game to end, and then doing the fix it stuff BEFORE you start a new event, and really the next one is influence so missing a 5 hour block at the beginning of it would not hurt anyone unlike what you just did, I swear I wont buy anything but 40% off keys until the Zen I have left is gone and then won't spend anymore until you stop doing this to us. Rob

Or actually say how much game time you have to do the event maybe? I have done this event a few times and it is usual to farm in a group for the last few hours of the event. Perhaps I should have checked the calendar.
  • rhafen#7917 rhafen Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I hope the above comments are taken note of. This went down for maintenance at 8pm local just before I logged for the evenings gaming thought I had at least a couple of hours :(
    nitocris83 you really need to back the player base here. Some of the stuff that happens is REALLY rubbing players the wrong way.
  • belcr0ft#9921 belcr0ft Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    On the one hand, I can't really complain since the community manager posted about the scheduled maintenance more than a week ago. That should be plenty warning, except it's not. The information was posted in the forums where the community only goes to engage when there is a problem. On the surface, you've got angry customers that just didn't read. Myself included. The deeper issue is that in this case, Neverwinter has angry customers because the relative information is communicated in the forums no one looks at... until there is a problem. I know now that I'll have to scour the forums to find out when I can play to avoid unfortunate instances like this or just stay up a few more minutes later and buy the items I intended to purchase the following morning when I thought I would have time because I don't know when I can play. Neverwinter has a calendar and several posted schedules in-game, might want to use them to reflect when your internal calendars will conflict to set reasonable expectations.
  • monopoletmonopolet Member Posts: 1 New User
    what is the point with such a big maintenance, just before you launch avernus on the 30th of june, never seen a maintenance of 6 hours
  • mysty#4057 mysty Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I hope they have the prizes available for purchase from the event in the game (clothes, mounts, etc.) from the event merchant. This is horrible! False advertising to say the least.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    There could be external factors (for instance arc) that required them to do the maintenance at this particular time.
    However, if that is actually the case, I think it is a bad idea to let an event such as this one end during the maintenance.
    This will drive many players mad, in particular the "newer" players that are willing to spend real money, that would not know that such things happen frequently (as an experienced player I expected this and planned my farming and cashing-in activities accordingly).

It is likely that this will negatively affect the willingness of new players to spend real money, if they bought ZEN and weren't able to spend it as planned (30% discounted or for the limited-time items).

So I would think it would be in the best interest of Cryptic:
    - if there is a ZEN-sale ongoing or
    - if there is a special limited-time sale ongoing for ZEN
    please set the end date of the event in such a way, that it does not fall on a maintenance day.

Now, as in real life this plea might actually be heard, but with results most of us might not like.
    For instance, they could decide to end such events already on Wednesday...

A nice real world example from Germany, along the same lines:
    A civil servant decided to sue the government, because the pensions of all civil servant were taxed, whereas the pensions of non-civil servants were not taxed. He finally won in Germany's supreme court. The predictable outcome was: Now all pensions are taxed. So he won, but he did not get what he actually wanted.
  • jurian#2779 jurian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    This is no way to end an event! Especially not one in which players are likely buy Zen to spend it during the event because of 30% off and because of 50%-off-vouchers. Ending it 6 hours before the event timer runs out!

I will have to try to get my money back via Paypal. I wanted to buy a Rank 14 weapon enchantment after I got the voucher. As I didn't want to buy more Zen then necessary, I could only do it by charging 20€ worth of Zen and then 10€ worth of Zen. Though it was still like 5 minutes before the shard was supposed to go down, the second charging failed ("pending" and it wasn't my fault because I had enough credit on my paypal account and paypal has sent me an email in which they confirmed the transaction which was then cancelled by Arc an hour later). So I wasn't able to buy from the Zen store what I wanted. (At least Arc refunded the "pending" transaction as it looks like I will end up having bought Zen for nothing.)

"Surely I can try again after the shard is up again in two hours or so" I thought. Then I looked up when maintenance is going to end and it said that it will be after the event ends. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

As I said, I will try to get the money back for the first charging that went through. And I am surely not buying Zen again because of events if Arc is handling events like this.
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I feel for everyone who waits until the last minute for some of the events. Goodness knows I have done it. This long maint is likely in preparation for the next mod. It would be great to be told why the long maint but it is a free to play game, we are not forced to spend our money on it. Often cryptic extends events by a day when something like this occurs.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured
  • m0rial#7319 m0rial Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    maintenance starts now?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

As I said, I will try to get the money back for the first charging that went through. And I am surely not buying Zen again because of events if Arc is handling events like this.

If you try and revert the charges through Paypal then there won't be any reason to buy Zen in the future as Cryptic will ban your account, no questions asked.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    I agree with what belcr0ft said, and adding scheduled maintenance to the in-game calendar is a great idea! That way at least we can see it in game, despite still not having an active notification that it is upcoming the next day. At least we can then see it in-game.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    No, it's for This
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jurian#2779 jurian Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    pitshade said:

If you try and revert the charges through Paypal then there won't be any reason to buy Zen in the future as Cryptic will ban your account, no questions asked.
    No they won't. Every account is a contract between the user and Cryptic and as long as there is no breach of contract on my side, Cryptic wouldn't be allowed to "ban" my account. In case it wanted my to ban me for this which I doubt a lot. And that's the last time I will answer this speculation of yours.
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User

Every account is a contract between the user and Cryptic and as long as there is no breach of contract on my side, Cryptic wouldn't be allowed to "ban" my account.

No and No.
This discussion has been closed.