test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.120.20200427a.27

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11466263

Comments

• aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    -The drop rate of the Battle Worn Metal Rod has been increased.

...but not the drop rate for the Infused Metal Rod or Dental Metal Rod and its not
    Different instances of Vallenhas should no longer have a chance to display different progress percentages.

its how slow Bel Meter increase now cause u sat it from way to fast to ridiculous slow to fill up and that most ppl have their Worn Metal Rod not enough ppl do it and Bel pops every 4-10 hours...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    aixis2000 said:

its how slow Bel Meter increase now cause u sat it from way to fast to ridiculous slow to fill up and that most ppl have their Worn Metal Rod not enough ppl do it and Bel pops every 4-10 hours...

Uh.... that has already been fixed.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2020

• Infernal Forged weapon transmutes now properly show visual effects from slotted enhancements, and should properly show when outside of combat.
    • The drop rate of the Battle Worn Metal Rod has been increased.
    Regarding the Infernal Forged weapon transmutes, it will be good to finally see them properly, instead of just getting a fuzzy blue square. However, there is still one issue with those weapons that remains - you are giving us transmutes for random classes that are BtC and utterly, utterly unusable. This does not feel like a "reward", and is one of many reasons why many players consider the Rage of Bel a fiasco. We cannot use the items, we cannot sell them, and getting them does nothing to make this feel enjoyable. You really, really, should have made the transmutes BtA.

As for the Battle Worn Metal Rod drop rate, I'm a bit confused. People have estimated the drop rate to be around 3%, and most are fine with it - true, there are those unlucky ones that need over 200 attempts, but most got it fairly quickly - I don't see it as an issue that needed more fixing.

The issue now is the drop rate for the Dented Rod from the boxes. With the Battle worn rod, you can basically just farm for it - should be easy enough to get it in a single weekend. However, with the Dented rod, we are limited to 3-4 attempts per day, and with a drop rate chance estimated (See Rainer's video) to be around 1.5%, it is perfectly clear that most players will not have a chance to get it before Mod 19 arrives - which quite frankly, is annoying.

I'm sorry, but the Rage of Bel has been just one annoyance after another. Mediocre design, sloppy coding and inadequate testing....please try to improve - more like this, and your player numbers will just continue to drop.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • zebulondaktoidzebulondaktoid Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    adinosii said:

• Infernal Forged weapon transmutes now properly show visual effects from slotted enhancements, and should properly show when outside of combat.
    Regarding the Infernal Forged weapon transmutes, it will be good to finally see them properly, instead of just getting a fuzzy blue square. However, there is still one issue with those weapons that remains - you are giving us transmutes for random classes that are BtC and utterly, utterly unusable. This does not feel like a "reward", and is one of many reasons why many players consider the Rage of Bel a fiasco. We cannot use the items, we cannot sell them, and getting them does nothing to make this feel enjoyable. You really, really, should have made the transmutes BtA.

As for the Battle Worn Metal Rod drop rate, I'm a bit confused. People have estimated the drop rate to be around 3%, and most are fine with it - true, there are those unlucky ones that need over 200 attempts, but most got it fairly quickly - I don't see it as an issue that needed more fixing.

The issue now is the drop rate for the Dented Rod from the boxes. With the Battle worn rod, you can basically just farm for it - should be easy enough to get it in a single weekend. However, with the Dented rod, we are limited to 3-4 attempts per day, and with a drop rate chance estimated (See Rainer's video) to be around 1.5%, it is perfectly clear that most players will not have a chance to get it before Mod 19 arrives - which quite frankly, is annoying.

I'm sorry, but the Rage of Bel has been just one annoyance after another. Mediocre design, sloppy coding and inadequate testing....please try to improve - more like this, and your player numbers will just continue to drop.
    Yeah, I heard dented metal rod is around 1.6% drop rate. I'm not sure this is true, but if it is, and it isn't increased per fail, there is around a 20% chance you won't get a drop after 100 Alyssa boxes, and around a 4% chance you won't get after 200!. That seems prettty tough on 1 in 25 players imo.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I disagree on the Battle Worn Rod part. Seeing that fewer and fewer people run the insurgencies, it is more and more difficult to defeat Bel's warlords at the end (if you are lucky that they show up). Since the warlords seem to spam the area with adds, it is a next to impossible task to defeat him without a good team or many people (especially in the "Recovery" insurgency). If the drop keeps being bound to the death of Bel's warlords, then the increase of the drop chance was necessary and is highly apprechiated. The drop chance could stay as it was or even being lowered if the drop was bound to finishing the insurgency only.