test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Compy why cant be earned in game or available for zen purchese ...P2W money grabbing or what!!!

unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
Only way to get compy whas rare chance when the Expedition Leader Pack whas sold in zen store or to pay from 15 mil ad to 40 mil ad for 1 pet...the only other way to get is 100$ for a pack..now way to pay that much for some pixel so please add the pack in zen store permanent and to dungeon drop rotations...

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    How do you know you can't get a compy out of Juma?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Because nobody ever has and the Alpha Compy is like 15M on the Market?
    lowjohn said:

Got proof no one has?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    greywynd said:

lowjohn said:

Got proof no one has?
    Can you?Do you have a video recording that there is a compy in game loot table on any dungeon ..juma ?If there whas something the info about compy beeing/dropping from dungeons//juma will have spread like wildfire ..no there is nothing...
    Do you know where there is a listing available to the player base of any of the loot tables? No? Then I guess the loot tables don't exist either.
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > Do you know where there is a listing available to the player base of any of the loot tables? No? Then I guess the loot tables don't exist either.

So you can make demands of proof, yet offer none for your own claims. Interesting.
    Not the point. Juma has a lot of stuff coming out of his bag that a lot of people never expected. Like Celeste. Has no one got a compy? Don't know. Most people if they got one would be most likely slapping it into their own comp corral. Not setting it up in the AH unless they already had one.

I demanded no proof. They offered none to begin with but threw out that it doesn't/hasn't/isn't happening because otherwise people would be throwing it out "somewhere". Where, I have no clue.

Someone gets one and tosses it out in zone chat. Which is immediately 50+ posts past on account everyone spamming for the insurgencies or Bel, and that there's no linking in chat it just shows up as regular text. So no highlight to bring it to attention.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    There is no proof that Juma cannot yield a compy at the moment. It only needs a dev to say so.
    There is no proof that Juma can at the moment. It only needs one compy out of a billion to prove it can.
    How much compy costs in AH is irrelevant because it can be one out of a billion. If that is the case, 14 million in AH is cheap because it is more rare than Legendary mount used to be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    If you get it from a Juma bag, It is bound to account anyway?
    Most likely.
  • omgmundoooomgmundooo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Compy isn't in the dungeon Loot Table. Juma bags items (except avernus gear/vanity pet) are from the dungeon loot table.

greywynd said:

Most people if they got one would be most likely slapping it into their own comp corral. Not setting it up in the AH unless they already had one.

Companions from juma bags are account bound.

Compy isn't in the dungeon Loot Table. Juma bags items (except avernus gear/vanity pet) are from the dungeon loot table.

And you know this 100% how?
    Sorry but having items that cant be earned by playing the game content for 100$ seems for me like whale chasing ..and only for few fortunate that can or want to pay that price ..and about loot tables ..black desert online has all items on loot table and you know where to go to farm certain item and what monsters drops...why cryptic cant do the same ?
  • motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Well, you can earn the money in game for the compy, you just need to be patient and plan ahead.
    - Earn AD in game,
    - convert AD to ZEN via ZAX (takes a month or so)
    - save the ~6000 ZEN required for the compy (I am guessing, could be 7500 non-discounted)
    - wait until they do another limited time sale for the compy

My personal guess is, that we will have a limited time Compy sale (legacy pack sale) sooner than later.
    Now, that most players have depleted their ZEN during the Jubilee would actually be the best time for them.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    @unknowndrama
    How long have you been playing NWO ?
    What is the quality of the rest of your equipement ?
    Why do you want an alpha compy ?
    Is it for completing your ctrl+J collection of companions ? In this case, and as I somewhat collect for the sake of collection, i'm very very much agree with you.
    But the title of your thread is suggesting another reason : "Pay to win", so I guess it's because you heard it was best in slot in the companion utility slot and so you desperately want one as "BiS" stuff matters to win the first place in the paingiver peepee-meter chart.

Compy is a nice addition in your arsenal, yep, but having one is absolutely not mandatory to finish any endgame content. I would say it is even the last thing to consider buying in your build when looking to be endgame-able.

You want your utility slot to be an offensive bonus, then you can find some ok to good second choices that are really cheaper or easier to get than the alpha compy, especially as, if i remember correctly how the bonus works, it's +5% of raw power (raw power = ~no buff from any sources + companion is not summoned). So, assuming you have all your caps :

- if you are below 90k raw power => Gythianky, Stormrider, Mercenary, Kenku, and other i can't remember (4k+ power utility pets) can be better or equivalent compared to the Alpha Compy, even without taking too much in account their 2nd bonus.

- the snowy fawn for +4% crit severity/+2k defense can also be an alternative in the utility slot. The less critical severity you already have the more you get in dps output from adding +% critical severity. I can't remember the exact number, but i think it's around +1.5% in final dps output [maybe a bit less] when you have 100% CA, fighting with CA and jumping from 100% to 104% in critical severity.

- if you are still dying on some bosses more often than not (let's say dying on a regular basis 2 times on any of the 3 TiC bosses, or in ToMM, be it because you lack some other stuff or upgrades or because of unsuffisant training/knowledge/skill). In this case it would probably be better for you to use the companion utility slot for something helping survavibility (a dead dps is loosing dps opportunities, he disrupts the coordination of the team especially if "no scroll of life run", and after being revived he has quite some malus on stats for the next 5 minutes even if reduced by the stronghold boon) => hp utility companion (energon, cave bear, moonshae druid, any golem, etc) and/or defensive utility companion to reach some def caps if needed (honnestly i don't have any idea about those, I never really searched for that).

- You can also keep in mind that any companion with a bonus on a stat (armor pen, CA, defense or whatever) can somewhat be translated in power value in a min/max situation : if you get +2k accuracy/+4k CA from the book imp pet for exemple, or 8k armor pen/2k defense from the wandering scarecrow pet, then you may be able to change an enchant or more, an insigna or more, that were previously giving you those amount of stats to reach your cap, and instead go for more power heavy enchants/insignas.

Obviously, when you capped every offensive stats and able to consistantly do everything without dying : the more raw power you have, the more an Alpha Compy is dwarfing every other utility pet for dps.

Personnally, I'm enjoying playing a "close-enough-to-BiS" style for stuff.

If something is too expensive (AD/Zen, as I won't give real money for any stuff in NWO, when I give is for supporting the devs not because i want to buy something) or if it's too tedious to obtain via grind/farm, then I just don't bother and skip it, using instead a second easier cheaper choice instead.
    So far, doing so, I was never prevented from finishing the last released very endgame thing because of lack of stuff, and I was never ashamed of my performances in endgamer parties compared to others dps.

How long have you been playing NWO ?
    7 years since they launched the game ..
    What is the quality of the rest of your equipement ?
    close to bis
    Why do you want an alpha compy ?
    1 -becose i want hem 2- becose of more power 3-no way to get over 200k power to be competitive and perform decent in end game content..

Is it for completing your ctrl+J collection of companions ? In this case, and as I somewhat collect for the sake of collection, i'm very very much agree with you.
    Not in to collecting stuff becose they achivement worth "shiit" in this game..not even for bragging rights like on steam..

But the title of your thread is suggesting another reason : "Pay to win", so I guess it's because you heard it was best in slot in the companion utility slot and so you desperately want one as "BiS" stuff matters to win the first place in the paingiver peepee-meter chart.
    And yes p2w becose is a item that can not be earned as a drop in game and you can only get whit spending a lot of money 100$ is not peanuts money for many players 2 way to get it is to pay from 16 mil to 40 mil from ppl that bought it .. and whit cryptic allowing us to get only 100k rad for a day how many days will take to get that?

Compy is a nice addition in your arsenal, yep, but having one is absolutely not mandatory to finish any endgame content. I would say it is even the last thing to consider buying in your build when looking to be endgame-able.
    YES!!! is the only item that i dont have...

• kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Only way to get compy whas rare chance when the Expedition Leader Pack whas sold in zen store ...

It wasn't a 'rare' chance - if you bought the pack, you got the companion. The downside was that unlike earlier packs, you only got 1 instance of the companion, rather than it being an account wide unlock. But on the flip side - those who saved their 1 instance can now reap the rewards.

Given the cost/demand for this particular companion, I'm surprised Cryptic hasn't run a sale that offered up the Chult Expedition pack again. Sounds like they are leaving $$ on the table there.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    @unknowndrama
    I sum-up
    - you play since 2013
    - you are close to BiS
    - alpha compy is the only item you don't own.

So, what else is worth using your AD on if there is nothing left to grab but the Alpha Compy ?
    Since mod14, did you really failed to adapt to the 100k rAD/day/account and relying on refining rAD only ?

I mean, you seem to have a longterm goal : get the alpha compy. What are you doing so you can achieve this goal ?

We wanted our guild to go from scratch all the way to hall20 with a friend (the original GM) and my brother. Yet, we never asked "hey devs, it's too much of a grind/farm/cost to get a guild from level 1 to level 20, please just divide it by 10".
    I planned, I invested, I worked for that, with motivation ups and downs, sometimes being desperated to be the only one really giving in the mimic (when friend&bro were in NWO pause/holidays), sometimes managing to get more involved and voluntary guildies (we never forced anyone, nor put quotas/player/week to do, everyone plays as he want to play in our guild ^^, solo ermit or multi hypersocial, individualist or collectivist, chitchating or silent, vocal or not).

We fulfilled this longterm goal 5 months ago, after more than 3 years. Basically, around 80% of all of what the mimic ate during these 3 years came from 3 guys : my friend, my brother and I.

I only play since mod 11.5 (end of 2016) but during this jubile 2020 i had 45k Zen to spend +15k spent few month ago for the 3 account legendary mounts pack, all from AD-Zen exchange during the last 7 months (after last black friday).
    For a PC player, that's 45M of AD made over ~210days, i do something in the vicinity of 300k AD/playday on average, without even forcing, with around 4h playtime/day (I take days and complete weeks log off for holidays or week ends).

Damn, now that i wrote that, I should have buy an Alpha Compy (as you i don't have one :D) instead of all the unecessary things I bought in Zen market this jubile.
    Ah but no, i'm glad i didn't, because i would not have been able to fulfill my permanent midterm goal : fuel the rewards for our next few ally events.
    This week-end we will on deck for our 7th season of Miss&Mister Grande Hermine (summer 2020), and among the candidates, winners and spectators I will giveway : 600x preservation seals, 3x coalescent seals, 3x enchants rank 15 of your choice, 2 weapon enchants 14 of your choice, 6x legendary insignas of your choice, 22 reinforcement major +1, and other minor gifts.

I have a goal => I make a plan => I achieve my goal one day or another.

And nowdays, my goal is fundamentaly to have fun making some light roleplay events inside my ally and giveaway in the process some of my wealth as rewards for something, and so share and encourage the generousity between guildmates/allymates. That's what the game is for me : people.
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on