test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disconnected from server while moving between maps

This happens every single time I try to get into a house or out of one, whenever I have to move to another map, whether it is to a dungeon or to a location like the enclave, I get disconnected from the server end sent to the login screen. There I can't even log in because I get disconnected from the login server all the time.
I tried verifying game cache, uninstalling and reinstalling my game, resetting my router, switching cables, moving from cable to wifi, and nothing helped. Is this a problem because their servers are just busy? did this happen to anyone else or is this just due to my internet provider?

Comments

• tagentagen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I'm not disconnected every time I transfer maps, but it has happened quite a bit over the past week.

My guess was that between the Recruitment event and people being indoors and online more lately, the servers are busier than normal.
  • bjorntwin#8007 bjorntwin Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am experiencing the same thing. Have reported to Support. Gone thru the same routine remedies as outlined above. No Joy. Today disconnects have gone beyond changing maps and occur every few minutes while doing routine stuff in-game. This is not because of no interaction on my part.
  • escapados2escapados2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I have similar issue. Usually when I'm in party I frequently become disconnected while changing map.
    It almost never happens if I'm changing location solo.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    tagen said:

I'm not disconnected every time I transfer maps, but it has happened quite a bit over the past week.

My guess was that between the Recruitment event and people being indoors and online more lately, the servers are busier than normal.

You might hit the nail with a sledgehammer

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    finmakin said:

tagen said:

You might hit the nail with a sledgehammer

If server busy is the issue, you can't explain why I do not have this problem since this thread was started in the end of March. I have no lag, no disconnect, etc.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Yup,i constantly disconnect now when changing maps etc,never used to in the past.I guess too many players on during these self isolating times?....
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    No. Like @plasticbat said, if the problem is only a handful of players, it has to be either something local to your machine, software, location, or equipment. I am not ridiculing your equipment, just saying, I haven't experienced this issue ever. Which means, if point A is your machine and point B is Cryptic's server... then somewhere between point A and point B could be the issue.

I have issues with communication changes they made to their client since mod 18. They made changes -and because of those changes- I had to work around them. These changes they made didn't effect everyone because it conflicts with my OS. You need to put on your detective's cap and figure out when the change occurred. Was anything changed on your system, do you run a non-standard PC or OS? Then you need to go outside the PC and follow the bread crumbs. Are you using wifi or cable? Where is the signal loss coming from?

It is not an easy thing to solve by making a simple post on the forum, but you should include all the technical information about your equipment when you do.
    wb-cenders.gif