test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Barbarian Blademaster 1 offensive slot

crimsunncrimsunn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Give us barbarians at least another offensive companion slot instead of a defensive slot!
Give us at least 2!
Other dps classes have 3 offensive slots, why the hell we only got 1.

Please change it soon.

Comments

• tuna#6129 tuna Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    other ideas i've had are making a good offensive slot comp offense/deffense like deepcrow or giving us anoter offensive instead of a deffensive or a utility instead of a deffensive similar to dc's or finally my last tought is at the least if you could bring back the gilatenuss cube so we could have atleast a 4k power comp to fill the 3rd slot any of these would be awsome i've come to terms with the way the gwf is now but when new bis compers for dps are introduced and they can't fit in deffense it is frustrating time and time again for example my gwf now has leg batirri leg deep crow leg raptor and the new leg comp from bell even for 5% damage versus demons all for 1 slot as always ty for you time tuna
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    There are several companions that can be slotted into Defense that improve Power/Offensive stats.

Personally I suggest:

Offense:
    Baby Deepcrow (Power)

Defense:
    Fey Panther (Accuracy/Combat Adv.)
    Minstrel (Power/Awareness)
    Ioun Stone of Might (Power/Deflection)

Utility:
    Energon (Max HP)

Barbarian isn't as inherently bulky as Fighter or Paladin and needs the assistance of Defensive slot options for Sentinel.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Honestly, they should just take the slots and make all universal like they were before. It would make it easier for everyone.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    I think they should have asigned companion slots based on paragon if is a dmg dealer paragon like it is gwf /barb should have had same slots as other dps classes if.... someone play a tank should have had priority defensive slots,,,
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    All slots should be universal.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited July 2020

All slots should be universal.

^this^,

or at least relate it to the Paragon paths.

DPS = Offense
    Tank = Defense
    Heal = Utility

SO... as a base all get 1 of each + 1 assigned by each paragon path.
    This would give Barbarian UTIL + DEF + DEF + OFF + OFF

Barbarian & Dreadnaught have been the complainers on this, because there are so many offensive choices and the defensive choices are boring. Barb & Dread put Hatchling on offense automatically. They never have a choice of an offensive companion.

Under a Universal system.. players would choose all OFF & UTIL and sometimes would use a Green Slime (DEF).

• mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Here's the suggestion I've been making for ages...

All paragons get 1 Defence, 1 Offence, 1 Utility as standard.
    DPS Paragons get +1 Offence, Tank and Healer Paragons get +1 Defence.
    Everyone also gets 1 Universal where any of the three can be slotted.

That way there is still some controlled structure and no one can drop in 5 of any one type of slot, while also allowing the flexibility of some degree of personal choice and allowing at least two of every type to be used on any paragon.
  • thalia#2847 thalia Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    honestly, I don't think we actually need more offense slots.
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    With all the new mod 19 buffs to barbarian, it may already be on par with other dps.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    They're too bad at programming. This was brought up like day 1 of beta mod 16, with no justification from the devs why it needs to be this way. Ergo, they are too incompetent