test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

General companions bugs

matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User
There are 2 main bugs that affect all companions (non-augment). I reported it when mod 16-17 launched, but there were 0 answers, mod 19 is coming and there is no sign that it will be fixed

1. Companion critical attacks have 0% critical severity
2. Combat advantage doesn't work for companion, damage is same as without it

@skingdev#1102 waiting 3 mods for a fix is ​​more than it should

Comments

• joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Yeah, I just tested with a Man-at-arms Companion and even though we were both in CQC and on exact opposite ends of a Training Dummy he did not have CA at all, and his Critical Severity was indeed non-existent. This could be intended though, but if not fixing it may make Combat Companions more relevant.
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for your reports. As of current, CA and Critical Severity are not available on companions per your accurate reports, and the appropriate dev has been made aware. These particular issues will be addressed in a future patch, so keep an eye out on the patch notes.

I also agree with your assessment that the fighting companions are a bit finicky in terms of helping provide combat advantage. This issue has also been brought up to be addressed. I personally use Augments, so I didn't notice this personally too often, but I definitely agree that it may be hard for a ranged character to keep up that combat advantage.
    Miku V.
    It is absolutely difficult because Companions don't care about positioning. They could learn a thing or 2 from critters like Imps. However, this may matter more if Combat Companions could viably rival Augment Companions.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    joe7777 said:

It is absolutely difficult because Companions don't care about positioning. They could learn a thing or 2 from critters like Imps. However, this may matter more if Combat Companions could viably rival Augment Companions.

Yes, I totally agree with you on this. I have noticed this when I run an Alternate character through the Vallenhas map, the enemy mobs are constantly engaging in positioning for CA. Not an issue when I use my main but with a lowered geared Alternate character its definitely entertaining.

As for the OP's (@matii#4660) point, does this issue effect all non-augment companions or a select few?
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • kakashi#4477 kakashi Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Also speaking on companions grung still only hits for initial hit and not for his stated 10 seconds of poison damage please make aware to the relevant dev/devs thankyou.

joe7777 said:

Yes, I totally agree with you on this. I have noticed this when I run an Alternate character through the Vallenhas map, the enemy mobs are constantly engaging in positioning for CA. Not an issue when I use my main but with a lowered geared Alternate character its definitely entertaining.

As for the OP's (@matii#4660) point, does this issue effect all non-augment companions or a select few?
    I'd wager all of them.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Non-augment companions seem to stop attacking randomly also. IIRC at one time their aggressiveness was tuned down to keep them from running off and attacking stuff.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    There's definitely some issues here, and it's definitely been a while.

Also speaking on companions grung still only hits for initial hit and not for his stated 10 seconds of poison damage please make aware to the relevant dev/devs thankyou.

I got you Kakashi-sensei.
    Miku V.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    why the companions don't do damage and heal for the dev nerfing them and if they hadn't done that i know are potions wouldn't be getting throwing out of the window by there dumb change