test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newbie Question

britishgirl1974britishgirl1974 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hello,
Is there a tutorial for NW and perhaps a way to do auto attack to indicate an enemy is nearby or show Enemies/Friendlies/Stats??

Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Sorry, there is no auto attack like in other MMOs. They went with an action based (arcade style) fighting. I am still trying to get the GUI department to remove the dumb reticle off my screen. But there are several guides on this forum, you can find a little help on YouTube, and mmominds.com is a character build blog. I have some old personal tips and tricks on the wiki here. Although a lot of that information is overdue for updates.

If there is anything else you need to know, write me a PM here or send mail in the game.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you are in combat and can't find an enemy, holding down control may point you to them.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    pitshade said:

If you are in combat and can't find an enemy, holding down control may point you to them.

Some powers can only be used while targeting (hover the reticule over them). When these powers are " offline" they are greyed out. When you target them with the reticule, the color will return.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Ctrl tends to lock you on to the nearest character, hostile or otherwise.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Ctrl tends to lock you on to the nearest character, hostile or otherwise.

I personally was not born with 8 fingers on one hand... I made a modification to my key binds where Ctrl is a toggle lock and not a press and hold.
    1. Remove the current keybind to hardtargetlock
    2. Edit the alias file and add;
    alias lock "bind ctrl unlock $$ hardtargetlock 1"
    alias unlock "bind ctrl lock $$ hardtargetlock 0"
    3. set bind ctrl to unlock to get it started and tap your ctrl key to lock/unlock it.

I mainly use this when up against single enemies (bosses) and I am dodging a lot. This also requires you to change some other Ctrl+key commands because otherwise you will lock onto almost anything doing Ctrl+J and things of that nature.
    wb-cenders.gif