test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary event still hamstered

dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
It seems the anniversary event is still all hamstered up. It takes 15 figurines to get a garden key and 10 for the unicorn (I forget the other prices). Unless I missed something you can't get more than seven without paying for them. Since they expire you can't even save them from year to year.

Not cool.
@Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.

Comments

• grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    hi dheffernan,

it is not clear in-game where you can get additional protector's figurines (other than the one that you get daily guaranteed from the first protector's bounty that you open), but there is a chance to get a protector's figurine with each additional protector's bounty that you open, and also a chance to receive a protector's figurine when someone gifts you with a protector's hospitality. it does not mention that in the tooltip for either, but in past years, I have gotten additional figurines opening up all those protector's bounties that you accumulate throughout the event.

I will try to confirm this again, but it does also mention this in the neverwinter wiki:

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Protector's_Figurines
  • elwing#6559 elwing Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I can confirm that the figurines still drop from protector's hospitalities. Drop rate isn't that bad, i got like 6 out of 90 hospitalities from one friend.
    Ligula Trickfoot
    oh sorry - was I mistaken about protector's figurines also having a random chance of dropping when you open additional protector's bounties? do they only have a random chance drop from being gifted with a protector's hospitality?
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    stoniar said:

oh sorry - was I mistaken about protector's figurines also having a random chance of dropping when you open additional protector's bounties? do they only have a random chance drop from being gifted with a protector's hospitality?

What we NEED to know is why aren't the Figurines dropping today??? I've done my Daily Quests on four Toons and haven't had a single Figurine drop yet today. Someone said there is a 20 hour cool down on them. That would be ridiculous. Forget that the Box doesn't say that, it says the Figurines drop from the FIRST Box opened each day, how could there logically be a 20 hour cool down on the Figurine drops if there is NO cool down on the Daily Quests?
    hi faredawg - from what I remember in past anniversary event years, what the other person said is correct. there is an unmentioned cooldown on opening the 'first box' for a protectory's bounty. if you are not getting the figurine, try to figure out the time from yesterday when you opened the bounty and got a figurine, and then just wait until around the same time as yesterday that you opened the box, and you will get the figurine.

so when you open your first box to get the guaranteed protector's figurine, you have to pay attention to the reward drop to make sure that you actually get one; otherwise, you have to wait some time.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    faredawg1 said:

stoniar said:

What we NEED to know is why aren't the Figurines dropping today??? I've done my Daily Quests on four Toons and haven't had a single Figurine drop yet today. Someone said there is a 20 hour cool down on them. That would be ridiculous. Forget that the Box doesn't say that, it says the Figurines drop from the FIRST Box opened each day, how could there logically be a 20 hour cool down on the Figurine drops if there is NO cool down on the Daily Quests?
    Do you remember when you open the box to get the 1st figurines yesterday? Approx time.
    As far as I know, the figurine drop is about the bounty and has nothing to do with the quest.
    I could have figurine drop without doing any quest (I have many bounty left from last year).
    You can get figurine drop after the event is done by opening bounty (although that could be a stupid move if the after event vendor is not there).

I have done 3 characters (out of 6) so far today. All of them got their 2nd one.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Yeah, this is just for the birds.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

It seems the anniversary event is still all hamstered up. It takes 15 figurines to get a garden key and 10 for the unicorn (I forget the other prices). Unless I missed something you can't get more than seven without paying for them. Since they expire you can't even save them from year to year.

Not cool.

You don't need a garden key, I never bought a garden key for any of my 8 characters and they all had access after attending the event. But for the other stuff in the store, I agree not cool at all.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    stoniar said:

hi faredawg - from what I remember in past anniversary event years, what the other person said is correct. there is an unmentioned cooldown on opening the 'first box' for a protectory's bounty. if you are not getting the figurine, try to figure out the time from yesterday when you opened the bounty and got a figurine, and then just wait until around the same time as yesterday that you opened the box, and you will get the figurine.

so when you open your first box to get the guaranteed protector's figurine, you have to pay attention to the reward drop to make sure that you actually get one; otherwise, you have to wait some time.

Actually on PS4 here but same issue. Daily timer is irrelevant, I opened the 1st box within 5 min of the event starting yesterday. 24+ hours later opened the 1st for today......and got nothing. This same issue was reported last year and there was no reply from Cryptic about it.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    stoniar said:

Yes, you can get additional figurine after you get your first figurines of the day from protector's bounties. I have just got my 3rd figurines (2nd bounties I open today).

Edit: I take it back. Now, I don't think it is a random one from the bounty.
    I think there is a timeout but it is not 20 hours. In my case, may be around 12 hours. My first 4 characters all got their 3rd figurines. They all got their 2nd figurines less than 20 hours ago. My last 2 characters opened their 1st of the day hours later than the other 4. When they opened their 2nd bounty of the day, both of them did not get their 3rd figurines.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***