test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NW QA will be reviewing each issue posted, to enter into our database. Also, hello.

skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2019 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Hello all,

I'm Steven. I've taken over as QA Lead on NW effectively October of this year. My activity on this forum will vary, but someone from our QA team will be reviewing topics as they are posted and getting them into our database. I can't promise a heart to heart on each issue, but we are going to do our best to review, research, and resolve as much of these issues as time allows.

More to come

- SKing
Post edited by skingdev#1102 on

Comments

• jordanbrannenjordanbrannen Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey, I'm on a phone so I'll male it short. I did nothing special i just went from one zone to the next then i soft locked in the loading screen. That's all.
  • blis141096blis141096 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Playing a warlock and Im noticing some enemies do not generate soul sparks on at will hits. This makes some boses much more difficult for others only because of a mechanic bug. PLEASE look into this
  • kromeskulzkromeskulz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Too many questions right now after coming back from a year+ away.

1) Why change the old skill tree? The new version sucks. Personally tired of mmo's changing good skill trees for HAMSTER, dumbed down versions. Not happy with the new version.

2) Why remove a paragon path and only give classes 2 now instead of 3? I loved being able to hybrid classes but that is gone now. No more damage healing cleric. Also seems like some skills I really enjoyed have been removed. Very sad.

3) Why change the old way of gathering AD? Not even sure how to get them now even though tool tip tells you. Not running across any events that give it. Seems like a way to reduce players AD acquisition which was already rather low when I use to play. Definitely a negative in my book.

4) When are we getting a new class? I left because no new class for years. I'm waiting on druid but would probably play if bard was introduced. All the changes I've run across since returning actually makes me want to uninstall now instead of wait for a new class.

5) Why change companion gearing? Was better to give a companion gear I found instead of trying to find special gear especially since making AD is nonexistent for me now.

Wish you didn't make all these changes that reduce the fun for me personally. Seems like good mmo's just continue to shoot themselves in the foot and remove the fun factor. Please return the fun.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    so we cant have transmute design contest because woc has to approve but you got a car approved for nw???
  • drakonasa6839drakonasa6839 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hell Pit quest is no longer available for the last 2 days.
    Not sure why you locked new users from posting an issue, but, I hope someone can take a look at this. I've been running my Paladin thru this event and the only thing I can think that might have caused a problem is that right after completing a Hell Pit event, I went into a Trial dungeon (may have been codg, not sure) instead of going back to the Soul Broker to claim the rewards first. I was able to claim the rewards after I had completed the Trial dungeon, but, can no longer get the quest from the Soul Broker for 2 days now. The Hell Pit info says I have 2 days and 22 hrs left. Hope you can help resolve this.
    Thank you
  • skingdev#1102 skingdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 77 Cryptic Developer

Not sure why you locked new users from posting an issue, but, I hope someone can take a look at this. I've been running my Paladin thru this event and the only thing I can think that might have caused a problem is that right after completing a Hell Pit event, I went into a Trial dungeon (may have been codg, not sure) instead of going back to the Soul Broker to claim the rewards first. I was able to claim the rewards after I had completed the Trial dungeon, but, can no longer get the quest from the Soul Broker for 2 days now. The Hell Pit info says I have 2 days and 22 hrs left. Hope you can help resolve this.

Thank you

Hey Drakonasa,

The event won't let you in, if you have finished all your runs. Can you verify your Event Details UI and check your progress bar? Click the 'Hell Pit' banner under the mini map to see your progress. If it is not full, we may have an issue and you can send me your account info. Then we can dive deeper.

Let me know

- SKing
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Thank you

Hey Drakonasa,

The event won't let you in, if you have finished all your runs. Can you verify your Event Details UI and check your progress bar? Click the 'Hell Pit' banner under the mini map to see your progress. If it is not full, we may have an issue and you can send me your account info. Then we can dive deeper.

Let me know

- SKing
    Might be related to the above, I have bought a buyout and a partial buyout from the zen store to make up for time I was taking a break from the game and catch up for missing the first event. For over a week now I haven't been able to participate in the event and I only have one token of achievement (I only got to the second difficulty of hardness before the daily stopped showing up. Here is a screenshot of the progress par with only one token.

arazith07 said:

Thank you

Hey Drakonasa,

Let me know

- SKing
    Might be related to the above, I have bought a buyout and a partial buyout from the zen store to make up for time I was taking a break from the game and catch up for missing the first event. For over a week now I haven't been able to participate in the event and I only have one token of achievement (I only got to the second difficulty of hardness before the daily stopped showing up. Here is a screenshot of the progress par with only one token.

This is correct. You only get 1 token of Achievement per event run.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2020

arazith07 said:

Thank you

Hey Drakonasa,

Let me know

- SKing

This is correct. You only get 1 token of Achievement per event run.

Wish I knew this before buying out the event...I thought it was a catchup item if you missed the previous one.
  • unsenametakenunsenametaken Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2020
  • atwa#2521 atwa Member Posts: 103 Arc User

Hey Drakonasa,

Let me know

- SKing

I don't know about that person, but there is a bug, and it is widespread enough that I know of three people in my alliance who have it. They have no quest to begin Hell Pit, even though they did not finish 21 days.
  • drakonasa6839drakonasa6839 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I had re-read the quest terms and figured out that I had already cleared all 3 tiers. I did not see any indications of a completion bar. Thank you
  • zarstarz#8874 zarstarz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Out of 20 insurgence heroics, 3 did not give the completed rewards at the end (100 chaotic writings and seals). I was participating in killing mobs the whole time and even closed the rift one of the times it happened. I saw some other people mentioning not getting rewards as well in chat.
  • xyborlxyborl Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    White dragon soul in rise of Tiamat does nothing. Believe it is broken, tested various characters and confirmed with others in guild.
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    xyborl said:

White dragon soul in rise of Tiamat does nothing. Believe it is broken, tested various characters and confirmed with others in guild.

Are you using it before or after the ice attack?
  • domino#8354 domino Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
    xyborl said:

Thanks for reporting this, I have confirmed the issue.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @zarstarz#8874 said:
    > Out of 20 insurgence heroics, 3 did not give the completed rewards at the end (100 chaotic writings and seals). I was participating in killing mobs the whole time and even closed the rift one of the times it happened. I saw some other people mentioning not getting rewards as well in chat.

It happens alot. Daily for me it's quite annoying because some take a long time to finish and then you get nothing and bel meter fills up quick
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    jimmypdt said:

xyborl said:

Are you using it before or after the ice attack?
    I used it after yesterday and confirm that it didn't work as usual.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I tried using healing spells on the dummies in the guild map for some testing but it seems that it doesnt realy work on them, is this a bug or is it intentional?
    It would be nice to have have them to test out the upcomming healing changes in mod 19
  • arthurkrieg#7467 arthurkrieg Member Posts: 14 Arc User

xyborl said:

Thanks for reporting this, I have confirmed the issue.
    on PS 4 you need to wait while tiamat casts the ice zone, get to the edge of that zone and use soul, in this case white aoe zone dispells. I am not sure if this is by design or not.

• geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I have done over 30 runs of Bel solo and still have yet to get infused rod drop. What is the drop rate for the rod on solo and why isn’t it dropping? I am very frustrated. I am a rouge so stepping in fire is very hard to avoind. I don’t think they designs this encounter well for melee, yet I have beatn him 30 times. why no rod? If the answer is to group that can be difficult for me as nobody 8s on or wants a rogue in their group. I think it’s unfair to lock this campaign reward behind this kind if wall.. been playing this game for 6 years yet I may just quit due to this unfair system. it punishes people for doing solo runs.

I have done over 30 runs of Bel solo and still have yet to get infused rod drop. What is the drop rate for the rod on solo and why isn’t it dropping? I am very frustrated. I am a rouge so stepping in fire is very hard to avoind. I don’t think they designs this encounter well for melee, yet I have beatn him 30 times. why no rod? If the answer is to group that can be difficult for me as nobody 8s on or wants a rogue in their group. I think it’s unfair to lock this campaign reward behind this kind if wall.. been playing this game for 6 years yet I may just quit due to this unfair system. it punishes people for doing solo runs.

Hey geminisky,

Yeah, you're definitely on the bad side of luck in drop rates even for solo play. We have verified the drop, and are certain it will drop if you roll the right number. Grouping does in fact increase your drop rates for the rod quite significantly. This is to encourage group play, but I can see how it may come off as 'punishing' solo runs. I highly suggest finding a group to run with and your odds will increase heavily.

- SKing
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    i know i have made post after post after not being happy with the lockbox system cause after i have opened over 500 in each one that i still haven't been able to pull one legendary mount so why cant they not make a new system that gives theses type of mounts out to the players and my self that cant get one cause i have not been able to pull one legendary toad legendary tyrannpsaur legendary floating disk legendary swarm or any other legendary mount they have ever made why i stopped opening them
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User

Hey geminisky,

Yeah, you're definitely on the bad side of luck in drop rates even for solo play. We have verified the drop, and are certain it will drop if you roll the right number. Grouping does in fact increase your drop rates for the rod quite significantly. This is to encourage group play, but I can see how it may come off as 'punishing' solo runs. I highly suggest finding a group to run with and your odds will increase heavily.

- SKing
    Does this grouping bonus also apply to the rod dropping from insurgency bosses?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

Hey geminisky,

- SKing
    I wish I knew that tidbit of social engineering before I spent several hours trying to get the rod to drop. I've run it maybe 20 times and no rod.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Wow! Now I know I have been wasting my time for the last week. I got 6 infused metal rods fairly quick but on my barbarian I am over 50 attempts solo. I was trying to do 11 a day to maximize rod drops chance(complete wrong I was) to get by 54 secrets in a silly attempt to get dented rod as well. Obviously with the broken mechanics of the event getting 3 Bel events a day to ensure 11 runs is almost impossible for humans that work and sleep.

By the way it is punishing people who do solo runs.

Can you please let us know if the drop rate is effected by the number of group members so that going forward I can optimize my opportunity moving forward.
  • zsgray86zsgray86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Sorry to post here, but it seems I can't create my own thread yet. Or I'm too dumb to figure out how to do so. But I just realized I am missing an adventurer artisan, I'm guessing from after the Summer Festival event. Is there a fix to get my adventurer back?
  • kathykatt19#2353 kathykatt19 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have a level 39 who has finished all 6 of the quest chains that have a requirement of only 5 to do, to unlock the mail/chat/auction house abilities, & still cannot get them to work. Put in a ticket, & it was suggested to put a bug report in for it. Hope this is an ok place for that, did not see any other place. Thank you.