test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19: Healing Adjustments

Comments

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Ultimately the devs need to decide if the game will be one of damage prevention or reactive healing. Then the content needs to be reworked again to favor whichever they choose. As it is now we are in the middle and content is favoring damage prevention once again.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • gaetenw#0920 gaetenw Member Posts: 14 Arc User

sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but with the new mod date already set out, i doubt they will be making any more meaningful changes to the game.

Yep, we know, but we need to give them feedback, maybe in mod 20 they fix things...
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    BUG: It is still impossible to activate Gathering Light/Angel of Life under the effect of Battle Prayer on Devout Cleric.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    BUG: Mark of Divinity still disappears after a few seconds for no reason. (Devout Cleric)
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    It's been 12 days since @asterdahl, or any other Dev has been in this thread to respond or even acknowledge our concerns, the bugs, or the changes that we'd like the see.
    Oh, I understand that's "situation normal".. But now... we have a launch date. Less than three weeks ago.
    New content, that will likely be broken on release, because it's being rushed out the door.
    Once again, nothing learned.
    They promised us they would change after mod 16, they promised they would listen.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • amedahastaamedahasta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Soulweaver:
    BUG:
    HoT from Soulstorm is giving much less healing than 400mg (I belive it is around 200mg because it gives a little bit more than inspirit).

Soulstorm lost its green cloud so now its looks like a greenish almost invisible tornado. It’s hard to see where it is even for a caster.

Changing any power (encounters, at wills, class features, Daily) have a 10s cooldown (or this is intened?)

All of warlocks new healing powers have no effect on procking set power from mighty weapon set (when you score a critical hit there is a chance that you will be granted…). Now the only way to proc them is using at will or Blades of Vanquished Armies. Before we also had Harrowstorm or our Tab mechanic. It’s almost impossible to have 5 stacks now. I understand that most of healers will now use the lionheart set or set from new trial, but not all healers are geared enough to acquire them and mighty set was a good alternative.

Can we get back Life Bind instead of useless Oversoul, it was a distinctive feature of warlock and now it’s gone.
    I also don’t understand why Soulstorm is not damaging enemies now and the whole idea of removing curse and curse bite from soulweaver. It was almost only way to deal damage on soulweaver and since we are supposed to also deal damage during fights it would be good idea to leave it as it was.

I preferred the old version of Pillar of Power. Why cooldown is so long?

I like the change in Souls Siphon daily, but the Soul Barrier is again useless, not only it will override Paladins shields for a laughable amount but also healing over time is worse than in encounter powers if we choose Feypact. It is daily power, it suppose to be useful tool that is better than encounters and is used in tough situations (I would suggest raise it to 400mg).
    I would also suggest to raise the magnitude of healing in Soul Pact, because now 500 is much less than it used to be since the nerf on outgoing/incoming healing and crit severity). Warlocks still lack good Daily.

When we choose between 5 Tier feats, it would be cool to actually change the colors of our encounter to red/pinkish on Hellpact (like the change of the soulspark companion color) and green on Feypact

Personally I don’t like the changes on warlock, its uniqueness was its strengths and now we are only sad hybrid of paladin and cleric. But I understand that we don’t get any changes in that regard because the launch of new module is set now.
  • jimmypdtjimmypdt Member Posts: 121 Arc User

Soulweaver:
    BUG:
    HoT from Soulstorm is giving much less healing than 400mg (I belive it is around 200mg because it gives a little bit more than inspirit).

Soulstorm lost its green cloud so now its looks like a greenish almost invisible tornado. It’s hard to see where it is even for a caster.

Changing any power (encounters, at wills, class features, Daily) have a 10s cooldown (or this is intened?)

All of warlocks new healing powers have no effect on procking set power from mighty weapon set (when you score a critical hit there is a chance that you will be granted…). Now the only way to proc them is using at will or Blades of Vanquished Armies. Before we also had Harrowstorm or our Tab mechanic. It’s almost impossible to have 5 stacks now. I understand that most of healers will now use the lionheart set or set from new trial, but not all healers are geared enough to acquire them and mighty set was a good alternative.

Can we get back Life Bind instead of useless Oversoul, it was a distinctive feature of warlock and now it’s gone.
    I also don’t understand why Soulstorm is not damaging enemies now and the whole idea of removing curse and curse bite from soulweaver. It was almost only way to deal damage on soulweaver and since we are supposed to also deal damage during fights it would be good idea to leave it as it was.

I preferred the old version of Pillar of Power. Why cooldown is so long?

I like the change in Souls Siphon daily, but the Soul Barrier is again useless, not only it will override Paladins shields for a laughable amount but also healing over time is worse than in encounter powers if we choose Feypact. It is daily power, it suppose to be useful tool that is better than encounters and is used in tough situations (I would suggest raise it to 400mg).
    I would also suggest to raise the magnitude of healing in Soul Pact, because now 500 is much less than it used to be since the nerf on outgoing/incoming healing and crit severity). Warlocks still lack good Daily.

When we choose between 5 Tier feats, it would be cool to actually change the colors of our encounter to red/pinkish on Hellpact (like the change of the soulspark companion color) and green on Feypact

Personally I don’t like the changes on warlock, its uniqueness was its strengths and now we are only sad hybrid of paladin and cleric. But I understand that we don’t get any changes in that regard because the launch of new module is set now.

"Changing any power (encounters, at wills, class features, Daily) have a 10s cooldown (or this is intened?)"

Yes this is WAI. Can't help with anything else. Sorry.

All the best,

OPTank_
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    The 10s times cooldown ON power changes, I believe is WAI, I believe on preview, and on live for those with no VIP. (I had no VIP for a few days, and experienced this, but don't experience it usually with VIP)
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    [color=cyan]Soulstorm is rather difficult to see. Please consider giving it the appearance of Harrowstorm. Something must be changed with Hellpact vs Feypact. Make it a class feature or give all Soulweavers an extra loadout slot for free. It's not fair that we should have to purchase an additional loadout just to coexist with a healadin. Wraith's Shadow cool down is too long and the debuff it provides is too short. Consider adding a heal back to it maybe. I overal like the changes, there are incentives for doing damage (Essence of Power, Oversoul, Souleater, etc) but Soulweaver doesn't have many meaningful damage options. As others have requested, please consider adding damage back to Soulstorm[/color]
  • d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    [color=cyan]Soulstorm is rather difficult to see. Please consider giving it the appearance of Harrowstorm. Something must be changed with Hellpact vs Feypact. Make it a class feature or give all Soulweavers an extra loadout slot for free. It's not fair that we should have to purchase an additional loadout just to coexist with a healadin. Wraith's Shadow cool down is too long and the debuff it provides is too short. Consider adding a heal back to it maybe. I overal like the changes, there are incentives for doing damage (Essence of Power, Oversoul, Souleater, etc) but Soulweaver doesn't have many meaningful damage options. As others have requested, please consider adding damage back to Soulstorm or something similar[/color]
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Interesting....It seems things haven't changed since I left many moons ago. While it appears that my favorite class (Oathkeeper Paladin) is the current flavor of the month for current endgame content, it comes at the expense the other healer classes (Cleric and Warlock) which tells me the dev team STILL can't balance the classes and give them something unique while leaving all three desirable for endgame final content. Nerfs are still the order of the day instead of major buffs to other classes or (probably better) changes to content and its mechanics. Good luck and best wishes to all the new and veteran players. I hope and wish you'll enjoy this game as much as I did for as many mods as I did (12 at last count starting at mod 4) I've finally made decision of what to do about Neverwinter. Best wishes.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • ancientryancientry Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    suggestions: make soulstorm appear like harrowstorm for visibility's sake and make lifespark take soul puppet model or immolation spirit model for flavor's sake

additionally im reminding to return a cleanse ability for warlocks and reminding to address the overwriting of shields problem. many will not pay for another loadout just to make warlocks viable. if you had intended it to be optional it should have it been made a feat but a feature, but you didn't. this has been stressed several times and hasnt been adressed enough. listen to your player base or end up like bethesda lol.
    Post edited by ancientry on
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    all of this make me remember a guy in a quest :
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/N5s2QLBpQuoUHpuq9
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/PacZhSucc9zQ9f2A9

someone else see the similarities?

(first time trying to put an image, i hope you can see them, those where the ones with better quality i found)
    reality is what most recognize as true
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    i think this is a bug, or a error in the tooltip:
    Cleric: battle prayer should proc on every encounter power which cost divinity, astral shield cost divinity and doesn't proc this feat.

i'll say here what other have said, the healing role has become boring to play.

i have a cleric healer, and a paladind tank.
    the healing role has become boring, the tanking role has become too demanding for me, surving one-shotting mechanics, and almost every attack of every boss is a shotting mechanics (more or less), is just as boring.
    i think i'll accumulate AD by randoms queue and will play without entering not-easy-dungeon (any dungeon harder than tong and codg), at least the new campaign has maps and hunts (that don't have any timers unlike bell) to keep me busy,
    reality is what most recognize as true
  • keru#9279 keru Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    > @eclipseblood#1326 said:
    > Imo while paladins do stand out against both of the other healers, both dc and warlocks need to be able to stand out against one another.

Imo ALL classes should be made to be equally desired and not bc this class performs better than another one. so that no matter which class u choose you still enjoy it. They just seem to keep failing at that. And wait til players figure out the best way to play after these changes, they will get nerfed all over again.
    This is a Never-ending Story.
    If the product isn't finished then why launch something that needs to be modified everytime.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    @asterdahl
    Will there be a separated critical heal severity added to utility ratings?
    50% it is base or will healers have to increase it from 0 and from different sources? -> if that is the case, shouldn't you adjust different sources like boons, feats and vorpal enchantment? or maybe rework the holy avenger enchantment and give the players a chance to trade their vorpal for the holy avenger, i don't know, just saying.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Simple fix to make all healing classes equivalent would be to allow DC and lock overheals to make shields as well... what's the point of having a 600k crit heal when most dps are 350k-500k hp? And if you say for tanks, well 600k crit heals are low balling quite a bit... it's just an example. But if this was the case, that 100k overheal could be a 100k shield. Just limit the stacks or something. Same should go for pally shield... just cap how much of a shield they can give.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Simple fix to make all healing classes equivalent would be to allow DC and lock overheals to make shields as well... what's the point of having a 600k crit heal when most dps are 350k-500k hp? And if you say for tanks, well 600k crit heals are low balling quite a bit... it's just an example. But if this was the case, that 100k overheal could be a 100k shield. Just limit the stacks or something. Same should go for pally shield... just cap how much of a shield they can give.

That's not the point. All healers are suppose to fulfill their roles uniquely, otherwise why bother having 3 healing classes?
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @aragon#8379 said:
    > (Quote)
    > That's not the point. All healers are suppose to fulfill their roles uniquely, otherwise why bother having 3 healing classes?

They all heal, right? So aren't they already the same? Why do they need to be unique? Are all dps unique? Are all tanks unique? It's not like they have the same powers, feats, etc... have another power be unique... or feat. At least all 3 will be welcomed in all content this way. Kinda odd to complain about something then complain some more when a viable solution is recommended. Its ok... I have all 3 classes endgame ready. So makes no difference to me. I just switch to whatever the meta is for that mod. But what ever floats your boat. They clearly arent changing how the paladin is, so why not go for any option that solves the issue everyone is complaining about... it's no wonder the dev's stop responding in these forums... always someone complaining about everything... maybe it's time you create your own game or play something else... this game has been railroaded enough already. A critic in every crowd they say...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    First i apologise if i misspell something, english not my main.

Not everyone is "lucky" enough to have more than 1 class maxed or just don't want to cuz they already have one class they love and found the rest boring. I played every class and honestly found them boring with the exception of the warlock.
    The problem here it's that the future changes only increase the gap between healers, again.

"Since the launch of Module 16, we have been collecting your feedback and observing how the new healing paradigm has been playing out. With Module 19 we are making a number of adjustments to healing in general and the three healing paragon paths in order to address problem areas, improve the amount of viable power choices, create more of a distinction between single target vs group healing, and facilitate more engaging moment-to-moment gameplay."

In the warlocks, those changes are HAMSTER, im sorry but its true. We will use again the "same" rotation, but with less-to-no aoe heal since now the heals drops the more ppl you target. That green-purple orb was a "fix" added and heals so low its hard to notice any help from it. And since there is already out there a vid of the new trial being completed by 9 dps and 1 pally shield, i wouldn't say this changes are actually GOOD.

"Channeling divinity or casting essence drain is just not fun, so we are doing away with all 3 healer paragon path's existing class mechanics. Natural resource regeneration will be increased to compensate for this change, amounting to about 50% of the current value of holding down channel divinity or essence drain at all times. This change will allow healers more time to attack with at-wills and allow for more mobility in combat. Each healer will receive a new class mechanic that focuses on marking and healing an explicit target with a powerful heal."

Essence Drain was good actually, dealed dmg and replenished our sparks at the same time, while healing when we were taking dmg from Life Bind. Now we just need to heal, watch them play, heal, what them play, prolly move for a group hug or red floor, repeat. Our dps at-will are a joke too even i we wanted to give some support dmg so we would only use the healing one and the joke shield one. Wait, that at-will is useless with a pally shield in the group, so there goes one at-will and feat option.

Don't know about console players, but in PC, Mod 16 made quit a LOT of ppl, and Mod 19 is already making ppl leave and isn't here yet.
    Since I read this post and went to the preview server to test them i dont log anymore cuz i felt all my hardwork will be trashed next mod, it really feels like the devs went from a whisper to a scream of "We only love the pally heals, the rest are for decoration", and it really suck cuz i friking loved this game despite all the changed they were doing.
    Some ppl want the shield gone, others nerfed.. And others just want them to make all healers viable for every single content. And while technically they "are viable", in reallity the other two are just "no pally? oh well, jump in".
    There were a LOT of good feedback for balance or improvement and explaining why, all we can do is hope that they will take it to mod 20.

And yes, when you do big changes that makes an even bigger gap, you will find a lot a critics from ppl that put a lot of effort on making one toon the more BiS they could with their own rotation (comp powers, enchs, etc) just to see that next mod all that effort will be for nothing. I really hope they readed all those feedbacks and are thinking of how to use them or at least taking them as a base for something. I will always have hope on this game, even tho every patch it feels they kill the healer warlock a little more.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour