test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Future of Neverwinter

I have been playing off and on for small amount of time. I am 23k Item level pally tank. I have a great guild with great friends in them. There is alot of frustration in towards this game, and it's really sad that you as "devs" can't even really improve upon the game. It is deeply disturbing that you slap D&D on it like as if you have the right to. This game has so much potential to be a great game, but you just step on it in every way possible. Sure, it is a free game, and they gotta make some money, but dang y'all really gotta monetize everything in almost every way possible? When will this game actually be a true open world? When will the crafting actually be good, a skill only WE the player can use like idk ESO, WoW, etc. Not saying I haven't played games with way more of a grind, but how will you survive the next gen? Your game is only surviving because a lot of the older players have put thousands, and thousands of dollars into this game only to get HAMSTER tier updates, terrible drops, and terrible PVP aspects. If Apple ever made an MMO this would be it 100%. The zones are so small, they don't even feel open, they feel like rehashed content (which some a good chunk of it is) the insurgencies are broken, you can deal a lot of dmg and not get rewards after each one. Not saying you can't grind AD, and save up that is fine. I am talking about the fact that this game has SO much potential to be a true open world MMO, that has very minimum monetization, and Micro-Transactions. I am strictly a f2p player, and I refuse to give money to a company that can't even treat their own IP with respect, love, and care. Just because you release some free stuff, and some bags, which btw why is the runic bag $16? It's a bag guys, literally just a bag with some slots that could've been implemented into the loot system of the game, the Dragonborn $75 but you bring it down to like $15 for donation which only further proved to me that you guys could easily do that, but you let greed get to you so you can fund your future IP which is going to be Magic: The Gathering which you will ruin. Telling y'all, once a good MMO comes out on PS5, your game will die, all the thousands of dollars those people poured into this game to fund it, in hopes that it will get better MOD after MOD only to be left down, to be stepped on. This might as well be a mobile game. If you cut the prices of everything on the zen market by 50%-75% y'all would always be getting money, cause lets face it. It fr doesn't take long to program a 42 slot bag into a game, and make sure no bugs are attached to said product, or you could Idk put it in the game? If you cut a lot of Micro-Transactions in this game, and took the time to create a Neverwinter 2.0 that is open world, a real crafting system that you the player could go out and mine, chop wood, fish, cook, etc. It'd be great, you guys could easily be brainstorming these ideas and I am sure you have, but it's always money though right? Smh, people call cryptic "Craptic" for a reason. You could be doing so much better with this game, I hope you refund all your veteran players when this game dies, but I doubt you'd even have the heart to do that.

Terribly sorry Dear Reader for the improper grammar, and punctuation.

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Veteran player here and someone who often support the game with real money when they offer a good promo.

One thought on the pricing of zen store items, due to the fact you can play the game, grind ADs, convert to Zen. For example, the recent legendary mounts pack that was in zen store, I did not need to spend any real money, the ADs to Zen I managed to earn via running dungeons for four months I got the legendary mount pack for "free".

As for the future of the game, honestly I am happy as long as they put out new contents every so often and fix major bugs.

For those that are on console (PS4 and Xbox) if you want to be ahead of the game, just look at the PC forum, we get contents months ahead of you.
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Your entire post sounds like one long anger-filled rant ediddy420. That said, they DO have the right to say the game is D&D because it is, and Wizards of the Coast backs it. The game may differ drastically from D&D due to being an MMORPG, but it is officially a D&D game.