test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rage of bel marshal rank + difficulty very hard

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Player Feedback (PC)
1: tank cant aggro the imps.
2: tank get the ball and get 1 shot from the imps.
3: mobs aggro the player who has the ball.

suggestion: make tank aggro the imps.

Comments

• kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    Never seen a mob while carrying ball to catapult.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    kharkov58 said:

i am talking about the marshal rank+ difficulty.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

kharkov58 said:

i am talking about the marshal rank+ difficulty.
    I did not notice any increase in difficulty due to rank. I have only ever seen imps during the last phase of Bel which is after the catapults.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    OP is talking about the challenge mode you can choose when you reach Marshal rank and that can only be done with a full party.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    It's the third option down when you go to queue up for Bel.

Also ran into the problem where the healer got cannon ball duty and then couldn't heal themselves while being destroyed by the imps in two shots.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    so not sure if this hard core mode is broken or intended in the catapult phase. The Imps target the one with the ball and they 1 shot a 990K HP tank with 50% blue shield.... they respawn instantly, they can not be tanked and can not be overrun.
    Did they change this fight at all since release? I haven't seen any patch notes about it. I also, haven't tried to put together a strong 5 party team yet until I know the imps are not going to constantly bombard us during catapult phase.

I wonder if they have reviewed any stats to see how many people have actually done it. I know me and my buddies would have been more consistent putting together a team for this if we knew it was actually fixed.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Did they change this fight at all since release?

No, The hard mode has been insanely hard since the beginning. Not sure if anyone has ever completed it. Maybe if you run with 2 healers, one pally, who focuses 100% on keeping the ball carrier alive during that phase

More likely, this is just one more example of code in this module that was no tested before release

Hoping for improvements...
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    All of this only for a chance for a +5 Bel ring. I'll pass :)
    2fv72Fw.png
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @adinosii It has been completed by a 3 DPS/1 tank/1 heal group. I spoke to the dev that is responsible for hard mode, and it seems to be WAI.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    wilbur626 said:

@adinosii It has been completed by a 3 DPS/1 tank/1 heal group. I spoke to the dev that is responsible for hard mode, and it seems to be WAI.

OK. I guess I just need a better group, that's all. Also....I kind-of suspect that if the healer is the ball carrier, you are kind-of screwed, but well...

Hoping for improvements...
    edited June 2020
    > @adinosii said:
    > (Quote)
    > OK. I guess I just need a better group, that's all. Also....I kind-of suspect that if the healer is the ball carrier, you are kind-of screwed, but well...

There is a way to decide who gets to carry the ammunition.

We discovered that whoever is closest to where Bel spawns (center of map) the moment before push, gets the ball.

Tactic that worked best for us so far :

1. Have DPS take “ball carrier” tag
    2. Have said DPS run for ammo, killing all mobs before picking up ammo.
    3. Have fighter tank cast Knights Valor on DPS carrying ball.
    4. Have healer keep Fighter alive while moving towards catapult. Remaining DPS control/stun imps.
    5. Success!
    Elite Whaleboy
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    A HUGE part of the problem is once the person picks up the ammo, they have their stats absolutely crushed (assuming it's a bug, no way that's intended)
  • trialbyfire001trialbyfire001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    As soon as you pick up the ammo your stats go to the dump... this is a photo of it... this can’t be WAI?!
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/oga27/screenshot/17203493
    edited June 2020
    Devs please look at this!

Here are photos without ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209213
    Here are photos with ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209211

Here is another example

Here is a photo without ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209203
    Here is the photo with ammo
    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/trial-by-fire-0/screenshot/17209207

This is a photo direct from Xbox so there is no photo shopping.
    Check out the 1 to all abilities
    Check out the hp being cut by huge amounts
    All ratings are cut drastically as well.
    @masteroga @trialbyfire001 :

The stat drop is one of the mechanics that players are supposed to beat to win this fight
    Elite Whaleboy
    No it can’t be. You are dropping people with 1 million hp to 200k.. that is not working as intended. Specifically when the imps hit for 150-200k. It’s code taken over from t9 (go to t9 and get the Boulder challenge) they copied and pasted the code from that.
    > @trialbyfire001 said:
    > No it can’t be. You are dropping people with 1 million hp to 200k.. that is not working as intended. Specifically when the imps hit for 150-200k. It’s code taken over from t9 (go to t9 and get the Boulder challenge) they copied and pasted the code from that.

When the dev behind it says it was added to make things more interesting, it’s intended. The fact that the stat drops like said developer intended, makes it working as intended
    Elite Whaleboy
    @wilbur626 This “coding” is harder then tomm. Which is the hardest content in the game. Having anything harder then tomm is ridiculous to say the least. This is not a mechanic difficulty this is “luck” (you won’t win if you need to get ammo and get to the other side of the map) you have to hope your 200k ammo carrier doesn’t get hit even once or he dies. The teleporting imps that show up and 1 shot him isn’t helpful because you can’t cc them long enough. Divine protector a daily power doesn’t work on the ammo carrier, your telling me the only way to beat this content is with a fighter and knight valour? Come on. Side note, the team of 4 were using cc (holy water/mount powers) on the imps and killing them but there’s no way to keep up and they teleport to the ammo carrier. We were in there for 3 hrs trying to figure it out.
    @wilbur626 this is the same type of thing where in tomm the companions weren’t giving stats and the devs were saying it’s working as intended until we showed them hundreds of photos showing the drop in stats and they finally agreed it’s not and fixed it. We need this to happen.
    > @trialbyfire001 said:
    > @wilbur626 This “coding” is harder then tomm. Which is the hardest content in the game. Having anything harder then tomm is ridiculous to say the least. This is not a mechanic difficulty this is “luck” (you won’t win if you need to get ammo and get to the other side of the map) you have to hope your 200k ammo carrier doesn’t get hit even once or he dies. The teleporting imps that show up and 1 shot him isn’t helpful because you can’t cc them long enough. Divine protector a daily power doesn’t work on the ammo carrier, your telling me the only way to beat this content is with a fighter and knight valour? Come on. Side note, the team of 4 were using cc (holy water/mount powers) on the imps and killing them but there’s no way to keep up and they teleport to the ammo carrier. We were in there for 3 hrs trying to figure it out.

The situation you describe is the very reason I asked Lassor if this really was intended 😂
    Elite Whaleboy
    Wilbur....

So the slash all your stats, your hit points, and your core attributes on purpose? What's the point of putting your attributes to 1 if you can't attack lol? This is clearly a bug they aren't aware of
    edited June 2020
    @wilbur626 read your own conversation, obviously he’s saying hrm... wait a second it might be a extreme (another word for bug since he doesn’t want to admit it) and he’s looking into it. It’s ridiculous to need a fighter to pass content (it should be any 3 dps, any 1 healer, any 1 tank) it’s also ridiculous to think that “5 people” out of thousands can complete it is “ok”.
    @wilbur626 also since you have a direct line to the devs why don’t you show him the photos I have posted. See if he still thinks it’s “acceptable”.
    Wilbur...

What happens when you need to walk 30 seconds to far catapult and KV only lasts 12 seconds?
    @masteroga

You restart and hope for better luck next time
    Elite Whaleboy
    I find this another risk vs reward failure. Why would I want to join the true challenge mode and hope for better luck next time, when I can just do it 6x quickly in normal mode to cap.

Btw, another strategy is to have your tank cap their defense stat without having a companion. This way he will have enough defense to mitigate some of the imps hits. Still hard, but it's a work around for stat drop. And that still took 10 tries to complete it.
    Ok I finished the hard mode (ridiculously hard)
    Did not get the “bring in the ringer” achievement in general.
    > @trialbyfire001 said:
    > Ok I finished the hard mode (ridiculously hard)
    > Did not get the “bring in the ringer” achievement in general.

Congratulations! What tactics did you use?
    Elite Whaleboy