test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

players that cause to much problems in dread ring

2»

Answers

• leftbearleftbear Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Just wait until you get to WoD, those dastardly Rogues do the same thing to Torturers. I guess I some small way Neverwinter really does reflect life, its so unfair :o
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

@blackwolftundra I fully understand what you mean. The issue is they kill the red wizard and leave the minions behind. These minions remain in place until someone else kills them. It is sad these players don't ask for our help, when it is so obvious they can't kill off the entire mob. They are ashamed of being too weak and you are correct they create a problem. Where the better player such as ourselves must pick up the slack. These players should ask for assistance to kill these mobs or get some better gear to improve their game. This has been a long standing issue in the Dread Ring and some other adventure zones too. We all just need to pitch in and help the feeble players out the best we can.

More likely players that can one shot the wizards, and then leave the rest of the mobs knowing it will annoy other players.

Apparently, this is acceptable behaviour because the quest doesn't specifically state to kill the entire group.
    No I cannot see that as an explanation. Even if they are running 20K item level, they are obviously inexperienced and cannot play well enough to finish off an entire mob of weaklings. If anyone here reading my post, requires my help killing three mobs in the Dread Ring, because you cannot finish off these weak minions protecting the red wizards, please let me know. We can party up so I can walk you through it. There is nothing to be ashamed of in asking for assistance.

Meanwhile, there are two red wizards in the Dread Spire, and one each in the Death Forge and Phantasmal Fortress. These can be soloed in most cases, unless you are ill-equipped or inadequate, in that event I will help you there as well. The 3 lairs offer enchantments and I sometimes run those on Saturday and Sunday.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    i dont see alot of new players in dread ring all the time but when i do i just want to buy them gear to be nice for how i cant for not having loads of ads but should of asked them what there build was since i did level me a fighter from 1 to 80 in just one day where she went kind of fast
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    leftbear said:

Just wait until you get to WoD, those dastardly Rogues do the same thing to Torturers. I guess I some small way Neverwinter really does reflect life, its so unfair :o

You're mistaken. I am sure that is actually the archers taking out the Torturers.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • fademist#5406 fademist Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    greywynd said:

leftbear said:

You're mistaken. I am sure that is actually the archers taking out the Torturers.
    what archers? :open_mouth:
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

All the best rangers are archers. Don't you know?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Willing to bet Monday and Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday are peak times for that weekly. Maybe there are fewer jerks during the middle of the week.

Kind of funny to see those same narcissists scampering about in other zones - frantically trying to steal messengers in WoD, objectives in Dwarven Valley, cauldrons in Barovia, etc - ones that multiple players can pick up.

It's like, calm down dinkus. Just breathe. We can share. You know what that is, right? - S-H-A-R-E ?

I'm more annoyed by those close talkers on stupid big mounts that hunker down on an npc.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I saw one person yesterday being chased by the remaining golem halfway back to Knox, instead of just killing it and then being able to mount up. Stupid.

Cleaned up that and the other 2 packs of mobs that the person left behind.

tbh I think in that case it was just ignorance, not malice.
    i was in undermoutian yesterday on my cleric in Wyllowwood and when this cw adds me to grp they decided not to stay after we did the dragon where i all i got was kick me kick me here kick me there and was asking in my head why they didn't just disband there self from group when they where level 80 cause they didn't look new
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

i was in undermoutian yesterday on my cleric in Wyllowwood and when this cw adds me to grp they decided not to stay after we did the dragon where i all i got was kick me kick me here kick me there and was asking in my head why they didn't just disband there self from group when they where level 80 cause they didn't look new

Many players are level 80 and have no clue about the workings of this game. I had seven years to learn. I try to help out where and when I can. Yesterday in the game a player asked where to find the best gear. I right clicked the name, hit inspect and saw level 80 with low level junk obviously gathered from the floors of Undermountain. I invited them to go to Avernus with me. "Oh that is too hard for me."

Really it isn't, sure the developers recently added more patrols to make it more stupid... but not impossible. I took them through the intro and got them to Avernus. Showed them Juma and how to get currency to buy bags. Shortly after I left them there, they PMed me a thanks and showed me they already got the duelist boots. Then along came another, this time a wizard item level 15K and I took him to Avernus.

It is easy to give and harder to teach. I know that giving players what they need, will not help them in the long run. Teach them, what they need to learn, but the student must also be willing to learn.
    wb-cenders.gif

Many players are level 80 and have no clue about the workings of this game. I had seven years to learn. I try to help out where and when I can. Yesterday in the game a player asked where to find the best gear. I right clicked the name, hit inspect and saw level 80 with low level junk obviously gathered from the floors of Undermountain. I invited them to go to Avernus with me. "Oh that is too hard for me."

Really it isn't, sure the developers recently added more patrols to make it more stupid... but not impossible. I took them through the intro and got them to Avernus. Showed them Juma and how to get currency to buy bags. Shortly after I left them there, they PMed me a thanks and showed me they already got the duelist boots. Then along came another, this time a wizard item level 15K and I took him to Avernus.

It is easy to give and harder to teach. I know that giving players what they need, will not help them in the long run. Teach them, what they need to learn, but the student must also be willing to learn.
    i did take a paladin as well to the last step of undermoutian where it ended being bad for how i couldn't get them to listen cause after trying to have patients and help them with Oathkeeper that some how they didn't want to use it for calling it weak since they did disconnect where we didn't do that after but oh at least i tried being nice
    greywynd said:

All the best rangers are archers. Don't you know?
    i see different things then
  • pazokipazoki Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User

i have been going to dread ring every Monday and Tuesday and and when i see players doing this that i noticed how they are not allowing any of the red wizards to spawn for how tired i am of seeing this HAMSTER and how the stealing and taken needs to go away well or we wouldn't be sitting here complaining in dread ring if players hadn't started this with there bad behavior but here screen shots https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/102463434_763311914204381_7350199431354595649_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQkibYYCD8l27-QEuruU-IDiSv1aoGEKhTVbBf6Du0pAy2VsWqkBTNR6QqqraxiBERTbwgvyXJSjQ7QEhu5qINwZ&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=983dd3c0ad75b77fd8ff39e852ae7b33&oe=5F039B9A https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/101892166_763312067537699_1950188981681133928_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_oc=AQkYCc4e33Agr0z72BaAvlWS-8pE7PngE6tnPR1ol2FHqtfS4FODGJtb1HDAOe_J56tZBHR4KH36l5PryuS3M_GC&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=9399c7df8031a2f0505f867e335bb2a7&oe=5F036702

lmao ...change the instance .. lol that post is just laughable
    pazoki said:

lmao ...change the instance .. lol that post is just laughable
    if thats the case then yours are more worse
  • keru#9279 keru Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    > @blackwolftundra said:
    > i see players out in dread ring always cleaning up there lazy messes the same way i do because we have no way to get any red wizards cause they eat up are time for no reason cause i have alot of toons i would like to work on but cant because people do this none stop <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> just to annoy us why cryptic needs to adjust the spawn rate on the red wizards or i wouldn't complain like everyone else why i dont like dread ring so much cause players that waste are time kind of suck

Just try a different instance. Your problem will be solved.
  • bruce55bruce55 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Most people try to get the wizards nearest the quest hub. you can kill any wizard conjeror on the whole map. Move around or just switch instances and its not a problem to complete this quest
  • madrigal#2900 madrigal Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    you only have to kill 3, but people target the same few , however the zone is actually full of them and respawn times are relatively fast, so maybe dont do the ones near the start area, try the quarry or outside phantasmal fortress...