test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Making AD through PvP

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
So, you like PvP and want to make some AD? I have a suggestion for you.

There is one specific item that can only be obtained through PvP, which puts it out of reach of people like myself that are 100% PvE-focused.

If that item was available on the AH, I would not hesitate to pay, say, a million AD in an instant.

So, just what is this item? Well, when the dye colors were introduced, there was one colour that was PvP-exclusive - Otyugh Brown. I have every other colour - just not this one, and, well, for someone who likes to collect things, this "hole" in my collection is extremely irritating.

This colour only comes from the "Roar of the Pack" dye pack, which in turn can only be bought for the banners you get for Stronghold PvP.

The issue is really that nobody does Stronghold PvP these days, but if a group was to do that and farm this particular item, the profit could be...quite significant.
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I would buy it too, maybe not for a 1kk but for 500k definitely
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    They didn't like how the majority was doing the Stronghold Siege so they made it so most don't bother with it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    there is a pride of the pack and a roar of the pack exchangeable for banners of the fallen it just says they are not sell able tho : (
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

there is a pride of the pack and a roar of the pack exchangeable for banners of the fallen it just says they are not sell able tho : (

They are just like the dragonflight dye packs ... not sellable at a vendor. You can put them up on the AH just fine.... I am just hoping that people who actually enjoy doing PvP and want to make a nice bit of AD will start farming them.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    What you're suggesting isn't PvPing, it's exactly like how people rigged matches and farmed siege for rubies to make a profit. If you recall, it was PVE'rs who did this with rubies originally, you might have better luck convincing them to do it.

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    @adinosii

Maybe ask around to see if holy crusaders or other PVE guilds still do stronghold seige. They actually fight in these matches though, there were some team balance issues that needed to be worked on though.

Currently the regular PVP population doesn't touch it, it takes too many people.

This might not be an affective place to ask for help running a no fighting seige farm for dye packs though, you are more likely to encounter people looking to play PVP here.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC

What you're suggesting isn't PvPing, it's exactly like how people rigged matches and farmed siege for rubies to make a profit.

What I am suggesting is a way for people who enjoy PvP to make some AD at the same time. It does, however, seem there is zero interest in doing that, so I guess I have to push for some other way to make Otyugh brown available...which would just mean one less reason do do PvP.

I have 5 of the 15 tokens required to buy that color pack sorry i checked .. ... I used to have bottles of it too before they changed the appearance system . if they make it relevant some time to never the dye pack is all yours : P
    edited June 2020
    sure he would : D i have people that pay me a million ads for large stacks of consumables/buffs /food etc . that last 30 mins and are removed on death lol
    at least the dye would be permanent

LOL. You'd pay a mil AD for a HAMSTER brown dye color?

Yes I would. Why not? It is the only one I am missing, and I like having my collections complete. I don't expect ever using that color for anything, but I want it.

edited June 2020
    For the record, I said I would pay a million AD for that box....

...and I did (well, 999999 AD).. Thank you, Katey...my dye collection is now complete.