test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: nw.120.20200427a.25

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11456063

Comments

• hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    So, just to check. We will still be getting unusable transmutes from the Bel reward boxes, right? Cause if that is also fixed it would warrant a mention? I hope?

And while I am here. There is still some old issue with a Twitch rewards box that some people got to use? Did we ever get a resolution on that? I may have missed it.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Well....

Insurgencies should no longer have a chance to spawn without any enemies spawning.
    Now, that's good, but does it address the big issue with the insurgencies, namely that they take far too long? Basically, you went from one extreme to the other. Initially, the insurgencies were over far too quickly....unlucky players had no chanc of getting their daily 20%. That's no longer an issue - some players are just farming the insurgencies for the currency they give - others are farming bosses for the battle-worn rod, but those who have gotten that just want the insurgencies to be over so they have a chance to fight Bel for the currency it gives for a chance of getting the final rod.

This brings up another issue - do the insurgencies scale properly with the number of players? My concern is what will happen when most players have gotten their final rod and moved on - how long will it take to summon Bel when, say the number of people doing insurgencies is 10% of what it is today?

How long the insurgencies take is getting highly frustrating for players that have limited time to play. In my own case, I have maybe 2-3 hours at most on weekdays. If I am unlucky, that window will overlap the Bel downtime and the excessive insurgency time, meaning that I get no chance of fighting Bel, meaning that I do not get the 3-4 chances of opening a box to maybe get the final rod.

The bottom line is basically that the Rage of Bel is pretty much a design and QC fiasco.....with one issue after another, dissatisfied and frustrated players I had such high hopes after the chicken event, which was brilliant, well designed, with only minor issues...but the Rage of Bel is a horrible mess by comparison.

Longbow of the Infernal Forge: This weapon is no longer incorrectly wielded as a melee weapon. Various Rage of Bel weapons now display properly when outside of combat.
    That's good too, but what about the other issues with the weapons? First, they are held at the wrong angle....seems that at least those models I have seen are rotated by 90° or so, and look really odd in combat. Also, can you PLEASE make the transmutes BtA instead of BtC or allow them to be recycled or sold for gold? Paying 5000 AD for a box and getting unusable junk (transmutes for the wrong class) is really frustrating....and as I have said before - frustrated customers are not good customers.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • clint#5248 clint Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This morning's insurgency session took close to 4h to be completed. As someone who only needs Bel and also have limited time to play, this is downright ridiculous.

Oh and yeah, speaking of infernal secrets, getting numerous times weapon transmogs for the wrong class that are bound to character and worthless rings with only a single enchanting slot and no boon is really frustrating considering each box costs 5000 AD, and 80% of the time the content is unusable.

And also forgot that said weapon transmogs are completely broken, from the way they're being held to their appearance (Minecraft much ?). This is unacceptable to release such broken content. Yes the game is free, yes there's been a global pandemic, but it doesn't mean that we should be getting broken content since many of us did pay for some in-game stuff.

I'm sorry Neverwinter, this event is an absolute disaster and I'm close to quitting the game until Mod19 hits
  • nermaleyenermaleye Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I hope they also fix the rubber banding issue in that area. It has been many times my login to the game on one of the maps and I'm stuck because of the server. Text me many times to log in and out to finally get the game to work in that particular area of the new content I do not know if they have address this issue yet with the maintenance. But it would be nice to see if they could fix it.
    I love to play MMO's & 1st person shooters. An when I am not playing I rebuild & trouble shoot computers.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    There are still some people that cannot seem to get the "Battle Worn Rod" drop from the Insurgencies. Some of us has characters that has done over 500 insurgencies and has no luck. @nitocris83
  • kenzzarooo#4322 kenzzarooo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is there going to be some sort of maintenance to address the abysmal drop rate of this fabled "Battle Worn Metal Rod"? I've run well over 300 insurgencies, gotten close to 100 bosses, and the most I've seen is 4 Seals of the Deep. At this point, I don't even believe that particular rod is real, and the developers have just said it exists to get us to run this new content. Speaking of Rage of Bel, thanks to the countless hours I've spent wasting my time trying to get the Battle Worn Rod, I can now consider myself one of those players who is sick and tired of this content, and am close to quitting Neverwinter all together.

I placed a ticket in to have my account investigated for bugs/issues, because I simply cannot believe it's entirely my bad luck that's causing this rod to not drop. Arc's response is simply just that, bad luck. RNG. Again, I don't believe it. This GREEN rod is more difficult to get than the mythic level one from Bel, or even a Legendary mount from the lockboxes. Devs, please, see this message and all of the countless others people are putting out there, and make some real change to this game that people want to see. You're driving people mad and making forcing them away from this game.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Is there going to be some sort of maintenance to address the abysmal drop rate of this fabled "Battle Worn Metal Rod"?

The battle worn rod is not that bad. Sure, it was bad originally, when only a single person had a (low) chance of getting the rod, but now that everyone who damages the boss has a chance, it is most certainly dropping....my best guess is that the drop rate is like 3%, but at least you can ruun as many insurgencies as you can stomach.

My issue right now is with the last rod - you have to spend 5000 AD per attempt to get that, and you can only make 3 or 4 tries per day. I cannot even estimate its drop rate yet, because of insufficeint data...but I really doubt most players will have it before the new mod is released on the 30th.

Considering there was just this single item that was really worth getting in Rage of bel, I pretty much consider this a failure.

Anyhow...

Todays's patch does indeed fix the "empty insurgency issue, but you still have the problem that they take far too long - up to 3 or 4 hours....and sorry, but that's just not acceptable.

Also, your fix for the Infernal Forge weapons needs fixing.

Previously, they were held incorrectly, but had a cool visual effect

Now they are held correctly, but instead of the effect, you just get a fuzzy blue square.

Hoping for improvements...