test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advanced Combat Tracker plugin for Neverwinter. Updates Feb 2018

dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited February 2018 in Guides
I changed a few things that were bothering me and I wanted more accuracy.

-EDIT-The download link below is the lastest version which i'll keep changing as we change it in this thread and as long as i'm playing.

Download it here-->Neverwinter 2-11-2018

You can also download it here-->nisckis's Neverwinter ACT plugin download and walkthrough/guide

Currently both versions are 1.2.6.0

Here's the change log below.

/* Version History - dragonsbite
* 1.2.6.0 - 2-11-2018
* - Changed processing order to fix some things. Removed the previous Wheel of Elements : Earth fix as this fix fixes it and as below and other stuff.
* - Fixed Cleanse to show the correct amount of inc Cleanse and out Cleanse
* - Fixed Fall Damage to not start combat
* - Fixed Spike Trap, Poison Spike Trap, and Arrow Trap to not start combat.
* 1.2.5.0 - 2-9-2018
* -Fixed Falling Damage to not start combat.
* -Fixed Wheel of Elements : Earth to not start combat.
* 1.2.4.0 - 2-9-2018
* - Fixed Pet Damage "In and "Out" and "Deaths". This affects your damage in and out by less then 0.05% and your deaths.
* - Fixed Cure/Dispel In and Out to only show "Cleanse" and ignored others that did NOT show a cleanse and instead just showed messages of expiration.
* - Fixed "Start" and "Stop" of combat to now start and stop via actual damage as it properly should. Encounter times are decreased as a result.
* - Consequently dps increases as it should. The amount of encounters increases as there is more time between encounters now.
*/

/* Version History - designedbyrng
* 1.2.3.0 - 2-8-2018
* - Non-damaging procs are in their own category "Non-Damage (Out)" and "Non-Damage (Inc)"
* - Fixed Slayer marks now are parsed properly
* - Several stats have been renamed to fit neverwinter better
*/

Apologies @thefabricant I could not figure out how to make a proc category and I probably never will. Oh well :p
-edit-designedbyrng added this.

A special thanks to @designedbyrng#4319 for the newest work and nils.brummond as he did quite a bit of work on the previous versions and credit goes to Antday, Hilbert, Pirye for theirs as well. This is my final version for this one. Doubt i'll ever update it again.

I'll post some before and after pics when I can.
Post edited by dragonsbite on

Comments

• dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Reserved as I may need it if I create an ACT guide.
  • designedbyrng#4319 designedbyrng Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    @dragonsbite
    Apologies @thefabricant I could not figure out how to make a proc category and I probably never will. Oh well :p

you mean like this?
    https://hastebin.com/hejefeyono.cpp

This is based on the original from github, not yours.

Changes:
    -non-damaging procs are in their own category
    -slayer marks now are parsed properly
    -several stats have been renamed to fit neverwinter better
    @designedbyrng#4319 , Thanks i'll check that later and compare them. Maybe incorporate the 2. There's no version history of the changes you mentioned. When was this done or is there a forum post somewhere about it I can read? thanks
    @dragonsbite
    I simply opened it and started tinkering with stuff.
    edited February 2018
    @designedbyrng#4319 Well it's way better then what I came up with. Not a programmer here at all. I noticed by comparing the 2 that a couple abilities weren't being tracked correctly with mine. It was very minimal but still incorrect. So i'm removing mine. Personally i'd rather they based it off of Aria's STO plugin instead of Hilbert's STO plugin.

I did notice that yours ended combat via heals or regen or power or whatever it was, sorry i forget which, when it should have been damage. Mine started and ended the encounter with damage after say 14.8 seconds total encounter time and yours ended combat after 18.8 seconds total encounter time. Consequently our encounter dps is different. One reason I was fiddling with the plugin. Now when I have "heals extend encounter" selected it should be exactly as yours showed.

I you want to fiddle around some more then see if you can fix that. Would be much appreciated. My fix for that is what caused those 2 abilities not to show correctly i believe.
    edited February 2018
    @dragonsbite
    I didn't mess with the encounter start/stop parts of the plugin. These were likely caused by a different starting version. All I changed was that damaging attacks were using the default value of the ParsedLine class (NonMelee) and non-damaging procs were being registered manually (to NonMelee). I switched the damage procs to use a different swing type (Melee), and then renamed the different stats to match Neverwinter more clearly.

I will look into Aria's STO plugin. It might be easier for me to adapt it into something workable than to make my own, which I am considering.
    edited February 2018
    I modified yours a bit by turning on "non-damage inc". meh why not. I also changed the order in "Combatant View" as I wanted "Damage (Out)" on top. So used to it when using act in other games. Moved "non-damage out" to above "all ref out". And non-damage inc" is above "all ref inc". Added version history as well.

update is here--> Neverwinter 2-8-2018a

Oh I added one of my old changes to only show a "Cleanse" and ignore others that just show "attributemodexpire" aka messages. This starts at line 2396.
    edited February 2018
    Made another change. This one fixes the encounter time in combat. It now starts and stops with damage. Consequently dps goes up as it should. Oddly total damage out and damage in and deaths were not the same. Previous version and original version I might add was not doing pets that well. If the pet did a "Critical|Flank" it sometimes counted it under flank with crit=false and it also shows up under non flank with crit=true. So it was counting it twice. Pet shielding was also not being counted correctly. It is correct now. Some Pet deaths were missing. We now have more Pet deaths.

My fixes were in ProcessActionSPDN(ParsedLine l) starting at 2495 and starting at 2544.

Get this version here-->Neverwinter 2-8-2018b

@designedbyrng#4319 if my fixes aren't exactly correct please feel free to correct me.
    edited February 2018
    This update just shows revision history. Get it here-->Neverwinter Update 2-9-2018

* 1.2.3.0 - 2-9-2018 - designedbyrng
    * -non-damaging procs are in their own category "Non-Damage (Out)" and "Non-Damage (Inc)"
    * -slayer marks now are parsed properly
    * -several stats have been renamed to fit neverwinter better

* 1.2.4.0 - 2-9-2018
    * -Fixed Pet Damage "In and "Out" and "Deaths". This affects your damage in and out by less then 0.05% and your deaths.
    * -Fixed Cure/Dispel In and Out to only show "Cleanse" and ignored others that did NOT show a cleanse and instead just showed messages of expiration.
    * -Fixed "Start" and "Stop" of combat to now start and stop via actual damage as it properly should. Encounter times are decreased as a result.
    * -Consequently dps increases as it should. The amount of encounters increases as there is more time between encounters now.
    edited February 2018
    Made a few more changes. Get it here-->Neverwinter Update 2-9-2018b

* 1.2.5.0 - 2-9-2018
    * -Fixed Falling Damage does not start combat.
    * -Fixed Wheel of Elements : Earth does not start combat.
    More changes here-->Neverwinter 2-11-2018

* 1.2.6.0 - 2-11-2018
    * - Changed processing order to fix some things. Removed the previous Wheel of Elements : Earth fix as this fix fixes it and as below and other stuff.
    * - Fixed Cleanse to show the correct amount of inc Cleanse and out Cleanse
    * - Fixed Fall Damage to not start combat
    * - Fixed Spike Trap, Poison Spike Trap, and Arrow Trap to not start combat.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    I just uploaded all these changes to a git repository at https://bitbucket.org/nisckis/neverwinter-act-plugin so they are not lost.

I'll update the repository as new versions are released.

PS: I added a disclaimer about me not being the one doing the plugin work.

PS2: I almost forgot, thanks a lot for the work :)
    edited February 2018
    Thanks @nisckis I do appreciate it. Hm, I may steal some or all of your guide to finish mine if that's ok. And yw, I was bored and needed something to do. I can't program so I treat this as a puzzle. I just google a lot.

Note that when I changed the traps to not start combat that if you are in combat the damage from them is counted.

Looks like the last patch on preview fixed some Power Names that had a Carriage Return thus causing an error for those spells as it was 2 lines instead of 1. So those were not being parsed as a result. Nice fix.

Comments, feedback, is it working correctly vs original version, etc would be appreciated.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Sure you can, I just did some tweaking to the README.md file (which is in Markdown file format) and it magically shows as the overview of the repository :smile: so it's easier to read and follow the steps.
  • chris#5433 chris Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hi, sorry if I'm being dim but I'm trying to set ACT up with Neverwinter, the plugin selection seems to take the list from their web site, there's no 'Browse' button - do I need to use a previous version of ACT ?
  • chris#5433 chris Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I meant to mention there's no mention no Neverwinter on the ACT site at all despite it listing the other games, seems odd, have you adopted the code to keep it running or something ? - I'm a professional C# coder, would be interested to help out if I can.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    @chris#5433 There have been 2 combat parsers listed on the wiki for some time now. I updated and added this thread as a link to the wiki just now. The source forge has one written in Java if you can work with it, it hasn't been updated since February of 2011.

Have Fun!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Hi, sorry if I'm being dim but I'm trying to set ACT up with Neverwinter, the plugin selection seems to take the list from their web site, there's no 'Browse' button - do I need to use a previous version of ACT ?

You just download it, download the plugin separately, go to ACT, plugins, don't press add/enable, but just press the browse and add the downloaded plugin file.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Hey, thanks for the updates.

I'm using the 2-11-2018 version.

I used a mark of the undead slayer rank 2 in cradle of the death god and I wanted to see if it worked on the atropal.

I can't see it listed anywhere, not even in encounters involving targets that are obviously undead.

Is it supposed to work with this version?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Hey, thanks for the updates.

I'm using the 2-11-2018 version.

I used a mark of the undead slayer rank 2 in cradle of the death god and I wanted to see if it worked on the atropal.

I can't see it listed anywhere, not even in encounters involving targets that are obviously undead.

Is it supposed to work with this version?

@artifleur the mark is bugged and does not work on rank 2. Rank 1 works only.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

@artifleur the mark is bugged and does not work on rank 2. Rank 1 works only.

In that case, of course, it makes a lot more sense. Thank you!
  • bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Hello. I am having this problem, on the mini parse window instead of a dps number i get this message : (00:19) Encounter : Azral | {enchdps-"}

what am I doing wrong?
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • oldschooldndplyroldschooldndplyr Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Plugin not working for me, says problems compiling the plugin source file.
  • amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Worked for me, I believe it is only the .cs file that was updated not the actual ACT plugin. I did need to re-add the neverwinter.cs file under the plugins tab in ACT.
  • yaskinforrityaskinforrit Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    If anyone knows C#, I believe I have identified what could be the cause of the crashes.

I recently had a crash with the following text in the ACT tracker log (names have been replaced)
    20:03:29:22:32:18.8::aaa,P[513953966@5413405 aaa@bbb],,*,ccc,P[514296851@29789279 ccc@ddd],"Blessed Resilience
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

When I checked the combat log, every instance of "Blessed Resilience" was actually "Blessed Resilience\r\n". The error occurred when trying to parse that line.

The issue could be fixed using some sort of regular expression or something like that but unfortunately, I do not know C# well enough to add code to the plugin to fix this.
  • mistameenamistameena Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Seems that the NW.cs plugin is prone to lots of errors.. probably why ACT don't list it in the plugin section.
    Is NW.cs even being updated I wonder??
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I have some questions regarding what you can get out of the CombatLog and what you can't, maybe someone (@dragonsbite ?) knows more than I do. I have some ideas to support our players but unfortunetly I have no clue about the ACT API and what would even be possible.
    1. Is it possible to notice if the aggro changes on an enemy (Usecase: tank loses aggro, wants to be notified by audio or smth similar) in the CombatLog?
    2. Does the CombatLog only log "damage entries" or is it also possible to get "marked players", for example if a boss casts something on a player and the player is only "red" and hasn't got any damage yet? Like indicating which player has Hypothermia on it for example? (Usecase: Trial support, indicate the players that are focused by Sword Fall in Zariel)
    My overall idea would be to use the ACT API with some kind of bot, like a Discord Bot and play fitting audio files for different usecases during combat. Many people call out trial mechanics manually and this could be done a lot simpler I think.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Yes, the combat log has damage entries, healing (negative damage) and AP gain.

Both 1 and 2 are not possible with the information the log provides.

Though 1 is semi doable with specialized parser tracking all the damage dealt to the targets and create our own "aggro table" per target, it will allow to create overlay or notifications, but it will still require input about aggro bonus feats and class features + someone actually writing such parser.
  • valyanavalyana Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I've made some more tweaks to the plugin, to improve shield handling, fix Watcher bosses, and hopefully avoid the exception spam from ACT based on @yaskinforrit 's observation (thanks).

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jicama/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin/master/Neverwinter.cs