test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blacklake Terror confusion

First time back in the game for a few years and I have been left confused, I apologise if this is well known but the first skirmish area blacklake terror I cannot join a Queue for it and appears to have been removed from the game, yet the quest still appears in the journal as an achievable quest.... is this a bug? Or is there a way to complete it? Would appreciate some insight on this as I’m a completionist lol.

Cheers.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    All the leveling skirmishes have been removed, but (for some reason) there are still a lot of references and skirmish masters that want you to do them.

Just like refinement reagents still reading that you can get them from the Leadership skill (which is also gone). Lots of stuff seems to never gets taken out of the game when they update stuff. Overlooked details.

They did they they're trying to find out where leveling skirmishes fit into the new queue structure--so we might see them make a resurgence. It's kind of annoying they took out an entire piece of leveling content.

News post here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11275373-queue-changes

"Low level skirmishes will currently be removed from the random queues as we look at improvements we can make to that content to make it fit better within the queue structure."

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The leveling skirmishes were removed from the game some time last year. There are a lot of achievements shown in the quest journal that haven't been completable for years.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    agonistes#1431 agonistes Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The leveling skirmishes were removed from the game some time last year. There are a lot of achievements shown in the quest journal that haven't been completable for years.

Achievement rework in in the pipeline, according to the road map. I'm hoping for achievement rewards like other MMOs. Mounts, pets, etc...
  • Options
    bloodangels1979bloodangels1979 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    This seems incredibly sloppy of the developers to do this and annoying to boot not to mention confusing for new players, so they don’t exist period? Even outside of random queues? - just looking for final clarification as I can enter orc assault on my own
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    They are no longer available in any way.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    bloodangels1979bloodangels1979 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @pitshade said:
    > They are no longer available in any way.

Thanks for clarifying 👍🏻
  • Options
    bottbolliusbottbollius Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Some Skirmishes(not all) are available as Call to Arms events so the achievement is still obtainable for them.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    It is still very irritating they removed many dungeons on module 6 (Throne of Idris, Lair of the Mad Dragon, etc.) to regurgitate them in Tale of Old as "new content". Yes they will probably just scale the introductory skirmishes to level 90 and label them a seasonal event too. For those "out of the loop" the Throne of Idris was a dungeon for Ebon Downs and needs to return there, as Lair of the Mad Dragon was made for Helm's Hold and not end game seasonal content.

Lair of the Mad Dragon for Helm's Hold, Throne of Idris for Ebon Downs, The Dread Vault for Whispering Caverns, Fardelver's Crypt for Gauntlgrym, and Dwarf King Crypt for Gauntlgrym never returned to this game in their proper form. Ebon Downs could never be 100% completed. Those who didn't complete it before mod 6 never got the title for it. The "Grand Reselling" is just that, they want to sell you a buy out option not to play them.

This whole sad affair is backwards. We should be clamoring to buy new content, not pay for campaign completion tokens. Isn't this Cryptic saying, their content is a punishment and real reward is not to play it at all?
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Completion tokens allow for those that do not wish to run fetch quests for the thousand times on multiple chars to focus on what they are do like to do. For example group content.

Not everyone want to be punished by years old pile of kill 5 goblins quests just to get an alt up to speed and join in on what they are playing on their other classes.

On one hand, it would be great if all content was attractive to everyone, but that being not feasible goal, allowing player to skip things they do not like and focus on what they like, is not a negative.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • Options
    calowaren#7845 calowaren Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @bloodangels1979 said:
    > This seems incredibly sloppy of the developers to do this and annoying to boot not to mention confusing for new players

Just spent a half hour tryin g to figure out how to do this. Thought I was missing something. Sloppy work indeed!