test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Welcome to the Collaborative Development Program!

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Believe it or not, sometimes things get delayed so they're done right.

If they rushed it and did it on time, it could've bee garbage and everyone would then whine about it being garbage.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Believe it or not, sometimes things get delayed so they're done right.

If they rushed it and did it on time, it could've bee garbage and everyone would then whine about it being garbage.

I am counting on it being half garbage ..that is why it needs to be posted for comment and review just like all the other topics were and just like in the format of how the "big dream" of these CDPs were promised..

no reasoning and no communication proves the cdp failed / is failing
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    @nitocris83 you just released a content creator program and listed members .. you realize some of those people stream pvp content right ? lol what is there to stream/ get interested in when you wont release the pvp road map under the Bs guise/ ruse that it was being further revised cause people liked chicken pvp /april fouls blah blah

Where is the pvp CDP ? we are now june 9th !!!!!!!!!!

and hamster forbid you start another /other new Cdp / mod 19 topics without finishing the pvp one first..oh wait you did ..
    putting out all those mod 19 topics without putting the mod 19 pvp roadmap ....
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    It's like as if... Updates can come independently from mods. Smh
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    @nitocris83 Is the CDP officially dead? It was "Temporarily closed" back in October, and no sign of life since then. Is anything going to happen regarding this?

As I wrote earlier.
    adinosii said:

I think it is safe to say that the current CDP format is not working. It is supposed to be the second round where people are only commenting on ideas from round 1, but that is not happening.

I think that in the future some filtering is really necessary ... After the first round, someone from cryptic should make a list with a reasonable number of feasible proposals - of the "we might do this, if there is enough interest" variety, and let people discuss those and then vote on them to get a feeling for community priorities.

I tried to help, by sorting the QoL proposals and giving my personal feedback on every single one of them, but to be frank, it feels a bit demotivating not to get any feedback whatsoever. Or, to rephrase - I am more than willing to offer my help, but it seems rather pointless if there is zero interest in listening to players' ideas and (sometimes) constructive criticism.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    adinosii said:

@nitocris83 Is the CDP officially dead? It was "Temporarily closed" back in October, and no sign of life since then. Is anything going to happen regarding this?

As I wrote earlier.

adinosii said:

I think it is safe to say that the current CDP format is not working. It is supposed to be the second round where people are only commenting on ideas from round 1, but that is not happening.

I think that in the future some filtering is really necessary ... After the first round, someone from cryptic should make a list with a reasonable number of feasible proposals - of the "we might do this, if there is enough interest" variety, and let people discuss those and then vote on them to get a feeling for community priorities.

I tried to help, by sorting the QoL proposals and giving my personal feedback on every single one of them, but to be frank, it feels a bit demotivating not to get any feedback whatsoever. Or, to rephrase - I am more than willing to offer my help, but it seems rather pointless if there is zero interest in listening to players' ideas and (sometimes) constructive criticism.
    Good morning. Anyone really looking at the forums can see the following. The numbers here represent maybe less than 10% of total PC game population. I will also note many assume that PS4 and XB1 crowd gather here as well, but I think their population is represented even less here. My nephew, is 23 years old, owns both consoles but not a PC at all. Most people use phones more often to do internet searching. I find myself surfing on my phone in Facebook often at night in bed. Forums like this don't "view well" on phones and tablets. My PC has ad blockers.

Taking all of this into account, Chris and others working at Cryptic know exactly what tiny percentile show up here for the CDP. Do you see 100% of the forums here talking in CDP? No, so now even less show they care. It can become very disheartening to show up to an empty room day after day.

The forums are only used to complain about the game, that is broken and this is missing, we all do it. This makes for the negative feedback more so than anything we can say positive. Few if any are coming in here to say, Having loads of fun, keep up the good work! What is broken about the CDP and how do you fix it?

About the only way to get people to the CDP, would be to have the CDP on a completely different format. I would recommend scheduling during server maintenance, how many people do you see pop in here because the server went off line? Next, the game should send people to a live feed ( twitch maybe ) where they can discuss things live and not wait days and forget they are suppose to arrive back here and reply.

For example; Billy is playing Neverwinter and is told numerous times the game is going down for maintenance, but as usual he ignores the chat and messages. The game goes down and instead of the normal server down message the PC shoots him to the live stream. I don't know how much programming that would entail but it already exists within the game to open my browser, if I want to buy items.

Maybe the CDP is a dead old lady on life support. I hope they can figure it out and save her.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • tyrheustyrheus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @"cwhitesidedev#9752" said:
    > Just because you don't get a reply does not mean we are not listening.
    > ...
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris

As almost everyone has been posting, your recent patches do very little to resolve the underlyning problem. This update entirely ruined the game for new players. Tried a lvl 25 quest cleanup with a lvl 55 toon and getting my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kicked. My greater healing pots are healing almost nothing. Single trash Mob hits are clearing away a third of my hp per hit. And my hits do little tiny dents to trash mob hp.

Why was this update released ? "Too many players on neverwinter, so let's chase away all the new players ?"

Well, if so, mission accomplished. I'll check back in a week, but in it's current state the game is unplayable and unenjoyable. You guys really need to allow some sort of overlevel bonus perks to carry through for weaker builds / new players / solo play to be able to enjoy.

Not everyone wants Reaper level difficulty, some come just to play some casual questing and gameplay. Your update has killed that. :-(

It's not little tweaks that are needed. It's a major rework of the system or a version rollback while you guys work things out.
  • dazdranagon88#4986 dazdranagon88 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Hi, I have a small offer for satellites - in about 14-15 module (if I'm not mistaken), combat satellites could choose their behavior (attack the enemy as soon as they notice, protect the owner and stay at a distance, like that), It was very convenient, to For example, the satellite tank attacked the enemy and distracted and the magician or healer stayed away, in fact, the proposal was to return the choice of tactics. And one more thing, when a combat satellite dies or is at a distance from you, you stop receiving characteristics, a few modules ago there was such a problem and it was solved, but now it appeared again.
  • juanblade1juanblade1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    lol, my comment was erased.... ggwp. did they even fixed how over powered mobs are right now? I used to kill trash mobs with 2 to 3 skills but now i have to use my entire skill rotation 2 to 3 times
    Post edited by juanblade1 on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

lol, my comment was erased.... ggwp. did they even fixed how over powered mobs are right now? I used to kill trash mobs with 2 to 3 skills but now i have to use my entire skill rotation 2 to 3 times

Well they did say that most players in normal zones wouldn't notice any difference - that was a big red flag for those who've been around a while.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Greetings. I have a companion Grung in epic quality. The skill in the companion slot "has a 10% chance to poison the target, dealing 90 damage every second." The skill works correctly, but the damage from it is clearly considered incorrect. With each blow, the poisoning deals 489 damage (without minus defense and parrying the target), my total damage is 5432. For the entire skill (10 seconds = 11 damage is done), we receive 5379 damage, which is very small and makes Grung's skill in the passive companion slot uncompetitive. I discussed this in the chat, and as it turned out, this is the case with all companions whose passive skills do damage.
  • blackwolftundrablackwolftundra Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    this what happens when they dont do any testing look how bad they messed this game up and how you can not go anywhere without being killed why im not going to play there game tell this get fixed right why im kind of mad how they only focused on the leveling zones and didn't bother with anything else when they could of waited the next day to fix the game right no wounder the patch notes where nothing but trash
    In the tank, in the path of the ideal of Daredevil, the third top skill works from piercing damage. Change the skill or its description.
    Please, stop derailing this thread....The last few posts have nothing to do with the CDP, and really do not belong here.
  • metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this, if not my apologies.
    I offer this for consideration;
    Enchantments. Have them stop giving a ratings bump, have them give a % bump instead.
    As they stand now, enchantments are really weak. On an end game toon an r15 is worth less than 1% of the stat it modifies, at the cost of 2,000,000 +/- AD. Under the old system they were worth closer to 3%.
    Under the new system, the number of things that grant a % bonus are fewer in number than things that grant a ratings bump, but more importantly, the number of places you can put those % bumps is very limited.
    By letting enchantments do this, you will get far more flexibility in character build; you'll be able to get a few more stats closer to max. I would say single stat enchantments should be .33% a level, so they max out at 5%. Dual stat .17% to each stat. Three way enchants .11%
    Even if the enchantments also loose the combined bump, I still feel this would offer the greatest flexibility for the system.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this,

It pretty obviously is not. It has NOTHING to do with the CDP,

• teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    i just stopped playing for a while for how unhappy i was with the game and how i wasn't going to spend my time trying to get through fey crossing cause if that place wasn't so tough and annoying i know all my toons would of been done with that place same for AI since i really think you should bring down the scaling some since i think its way to much and how i would like to skip the story mode if it was a option
  • joccat#1817 joccat Member Posts: 117 Arc User

FYI I am carving out time next week to finish the QOL CDP and start a new one.

Sorry for the delay.

Chris

Guess you didn't quite carve out any time whatsoever....how typical. You have certainly cemented your relationship with the community mate. Well done.
  • metallicat#2223 metallicat Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    adinosii said:

So suggestions to improve the game don't belong in collaborative development?
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

adinosii said:

So suggestions to improve the game don't belong in collaborative development?
    This is the initiation thread of sorts, and there was a CDP for a few topics already. The idea of this, correct me if I am wrong, was that there was a topic, and in the timeframe the CDP for that specific topic was open - and only then - you could discuss your ideas, suggestions and whatnot.
    You can think of this however you want, but this is how they did it, how they planned on implementing feedback and the only way they actually (aside from shoulder pats for their preview testers from time to time) interacted with their community.

This was actually done in GW2 as well, and probably perceived good and bad equally just as it was here. And the outcome was pretty similar iirc.
    HOWEVER due to how interactions have proceeded, this is necroing a post about something that was done in the past as more or less a marketing instrument :)
    For individual ideas about the game there are several feedback threads that might get read/considered/discussed, and there is currently no CDP going on.
    So no, suggestions do not belong in this exact thread since there is no CDP going on for 1) and 2) this is the "tutorial" thread.
    That does not mean that there is no room for suggestions - but this is something somebody that actually gets paid for this should say.
    - bye bye -
This discussion has been closed.