test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

some broken pvp stuff, and TR broken damage (latest video mod 18)

superstevenshusuperstevenshu Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited March 2020 in PvP Discussion
after almost 1 year, the obvious pvp broken still havent been fixed? There are still people that is actively looking for pvp content, so pvp need more love.

I am gonna list the current broken stuff in pvp. Please fix it or at least show some response.

1. soulforge makes people immune to damage for 5+ seconds after ressurection
2. all the stun power ignores dodge, which means you will still be stunned even you use shift to dodge
3. sigil of paladin is still overpowered almost everyone use it
4. shadowclad sometimes bugged which makes it overpowered, the stacks remained even after you successfully deflected an attack

5. daily damage is too strong for most class which makes the fight not consistent
To see this, check the latest video, my 13K TR almost one shot 26k one of the best CW with 400k+ hp 30k deflect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F981RTcBuyk

what are the other obvious bugs? please comment so I can add it here, ty

https://discord.gg/ahfKEz4 join neverwinter pvp discord and discuss pvp content with pvp design dev there.

Btw, I am pretty sure devs have noticed these stuff for long. People are getting used to these stuff doesnt mean they should not be fixed.
@nitocris83
Post edited by superstevenshu on

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    appreciated but better to save the last of your pvp efforts and write in the proposed pvp CDP thread I know I am
    :P .. that is pvps last chance and even those changes will take 6 month to a year ..the lead chris said in stream that they are looking for low hanging pvp fruit" items to address ..

some of the other pvp bugs are already listed in the pvp tournament sign up thread as items that are not allowed in the tournament ..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/13141255
  • kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Very true. Please address these issues. I had high hopes for this mods PvP, aside from some known issues like the OP sigil, I was excited about fixes to the CW shield and buffs to the Hunter paragon.

Only, when I que'd into PvP it was a bunch of Palladin's running around using a daily every 2 seconds (sometimes instantly back to back). The other issues can somewhat be played around - but this is gamebreaking. Any amount of damage done to anyone on a team with a paladin using the AP bug means they have a full heal courtesy of 'lay on hands' coming their way, and if no healing needs to be done they are able to spam their high damage daily.

The que will undoubtedly be filled with anyone who has an OP looking to exploit the newest 'feature'.

I know any new release is bound to have some bugs; you should not be judged in their existence, but rather your response and the urgency you have in fixing something that completely breaks one mode of gameplay.

I don't intend to play PvP until this bug is fixed. if this issue become one that is not addressed time and time again I will have lost all faith in the ability of this game to produce a quality product.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I believe the OP AP bug is fixed in the PC patch on Thursday.

Classes and Balance

Oathkeeper Paladin: Guarded Prayers no longer generates Action Points longer than intended.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kegsondeck#2000 kegsondeck Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    > @superstevenshu said:
    > (Quote)
    > its fixed in the latest update, now queue up and help pvp pop:)

That is great news! Unfortunately I'm on Xbox, so it may be another week or two before a patch reaches us, but I definitely will!
  • matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, I dunno. On my DPS who is 150k power rouge can't even put a small dent in someones HP. My healer who has over 300k hp 70k CA and 160k crit and armor that is supposed to keep him alive ends up getting killed in one shot constantly.

Your stats are incorrect. In PvP, companion doesn't work, so you will have much less stats. Dismiss companion and see your "real" stats, good rogue should have 50k+ ArmorPen and 70k+ Crit, good healer 60k+ Def and 70k+ CritAvoid
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited March 2020

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, I dunno. On my DPS who is 150k power rouge can't even put a small dent in someones HP. My healer who has over 300k hp 70k CA and 160k crit and armor that is supposed to keep him alive ends up getting killed in one shot constantly.

Your stats are incorrect. In PvP, companion doesn't work, so you will have much less stats. Dismiss companion and see your "real" stats, good rogue should have 50k+ ArmorPen and 70k+ Crit, good healer 60k+ Def and 70k+ CritAvoid
    It's pvp that isn't correct. The way it's setup is terrible. Like those Asian mmo's that are all super good but everything is implemented in the most HAMSTER ways imaginable. The key to being good pvp is simplicity. UO has been around for 30 years and the reason is because people always go back for the pvp. It's simple make a character get some gear and go fight other people. Skill matters.
    This whole spending 5 years repeating daily quests just to be able to get another player to half life in pvp is clearly HAMSTER and broken. There no other way to put it. The whole system is garbage and should be scrapped asap and replaced with something that makes sense and is easier for EVERYONE to just jump in and get going.

Like I said NW combat is probably thee best around and the pvp should be AMAZING but it's just stupid, annoying, and makes people not even want to join in at all. So much wasted potential here. It's like having Ferrari but never going over 10 mph, what's the point?

When OaC pvp veterans progressed so far ahead of the newbies pvp became stupid because the veterans players would just kill all the new people in 2 hits game over and it was a waste of everybody's time both the veteran and the newbie. So they released the flame knight class and it started at max level and was given pvp gear and designed to be able to just start a new character and jump right into pvp. Boom instantly pvp was amazing again and everyone was having fun.

There's no reason to disagree.

My suggestion to fix pvp is simple have an event that gives out new bis pvp gear and make it so easy everyone can get the gear but make it so it's only good for pvp and not pve then bam everyone is on the same level and no more one hit kills pointless dumb pvp.
    You seem to be missing the point of his comment since you quoted it in same post as your PVP critique, he is saying your stats aren't set up right. Which looking at your post, they indeed aren't. I agree with some parts of your critique though.

Its just like he said, you need to dismiss your companion and subtract your active companion bonuses to get an accurate view of your stats in PVP, you also need to add in your PVP boons if you have any.

@matii#4660 's rogue numbers were mostly accurate but I'll go into a little more detail. To build a good strong PVP rogue, you want to stack the following in module 18:

Minimum 80k critical strike
    Really you want 90k through 100k crit though. Sometimes you can temporarily lower it to 70k but this is only if you flipped open all of the enemy team's sheets and saw that none of them stack crit avoid other than the healers.

Minimum 40k armor pen
    50k is a good sweetspot I recommend for solo que and vs tankyer premades. 60k and 80k are also good but are usually a lot more than you actually need. 80k armor pen is also somewhat outdated to run right now since CA is now worth stacking on rogues in PVP and you need some room for that.

Minimum 30k combat advantage. You want to stack it a lot higher than 30k so that number is just to get you started.
    I recommend 50k+ CA
    A really good sweetspot for CA is 66k but some builds can't hit that number.
    A pure glass cannon build stacks 70k or 80k CA
    Note: Only rogues have an incentive to stack the combat advantage stat really high in PVP, other classes don't go much higher than 30k usually.

You only need 60k power for a PVP rogue, only pure glass cannon builds still stack any power and even then, its only 80k. I used to stack 120k power in PVP but this was before the damage formula got changed and CA became stronger than power.

Minimum 360k HP
    Most maxed out rogue builds have around 370k.
    Some builds designed for fighting hard premades need a lot more HP than that though, you need 420k through 520k HP for those.

Usually you want 30k or 40k of either deflect or crit avoid. Some builds are exceptions to this though.

You also should have good self healing coming from insignias (oppressor's repreive, survivor's blessing, champion's return), tactical enchantments in utility slots, and PVP healing potions. You also need to have a shadowclad armor enchantment. Your weapon enchantment should be a vorpal for PVP, bilethorn damage is too low on rogue in PVP.

-------------------------------

For a good healer build in mod 18, I don't know all of what they need but I do know what their defensive stats are supposed to be. The best defensive stat combo I've seen for healer is 90k defense combined with 55k crit avoid, it was the strongest vs my dps builds when I looked into the numbers and fought players that had this.
    I have never seen a good healer reach 70k crit avoid at the same time as having high defense and you definately should be using both stats on a healer.

Healers also should always run vorpal in PVP.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User

On my DPS who is 150k power rouge can't even put a small dent in someones HP. My healer who has over 300k hp 70k CA and 160k crit and armor that is supposed to keep him alive ends up getting killed in one shot constantly.

PVE stats wont work in PVP

• matii#4660 matii Member Posts: 75 Arc User

new broken stuff: TR, check video in the post, I just updated it, my 13k TR vs 26k CW

That CW has 20k def and crit avoid, and you call him the best CW, man xD
    That CW is a trash, you don't even know what's best
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    cw is build like a glass water pistol and is the complete opposite of tanky..maybe less hit points and more defenses ..
    stats and counter stats. the tr is criting and having most of his damage is go thru due to targets complete lack of defense ,and Cw cant soak up any damage or mitigate anything ..there is no mystery here at all
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2020

new broken stuff: TR, check video in the post, I just updated it, my 13k TR vs 26k CW

That CW has 20k def and crit avoid, and you call him the best CW, man xD
    That CW is a trash, you don't even know what's best
    I will say the build yaya has on is currently good and the best active PVP wizards on PC are using this same setup right now.
    Its a high HP/deflect setup, which is oriented towards the PVP tournament and some premade vs premades.
    In solo que, high hp/deflect setup has a good performance but its not really designed for it in particular and there are better options. High HP setups (450k+) also are very strong in 1vs1 vs builds with less HP (390k and under).

I agree that yaya is far from being "the best" wizard though. And that video really doesn't show anything useful, all it proves is that a daily power + other hard hitting attacks can kill a completely stationary target who isn't fighting back at all and has low counter stats.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Obvious bugs that needs squashing,
    supersteven xD

Jk

But yeah, these are reasons I quit pvp and the game in general for about 6 months this past year. Only back for the grand retelling and then I'll prolly be gone again.

• thebenetratorthebenetrator Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2020

after almost 1 year, the obvious pvp broken still havent been fixed? There are still people that is actively looking for pvp content, so pvp need more love.

I am gonna list the current broken stuff in pvp. Please fix it or at least show some response.

2. all the stun power ignores dodge, which means you will still be stunned even you use shift to dodge
    4. shadowclad sometimes bugged which makes it overpowered, the stacks remained even after you successfully deflected an attack

5. daily damage is too strong for most class which makes the fight not consistent
    To see this, check the latest video, my 13K TR almost one shot 26k one of the best CW with 400k+ hp 30k deflect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F981RTcBuyk

https://discord.gg/ahfKEz4 join neverwinter pvp discord and discuss pvp content with pvp design dev there.

Btw, I am pretty sure devs have noticed these stuff for long. People are getting used to these stuff doesnt mean they should not be fixed.
    @nitocris83

This is obvious attempt to UNFAILY nerf TR

1. The video you showed is just one LUCKY rotation. If you can show this happens 100% of the time meaning 100/100 times, 1000/1000 times, then ok it is a problem

2. You used Wyvern artifact debuff, how can you say its a class problem when an artifact had something to do with it? Dont use artifact to show it is 100% a class problem

3. You had one of your most powerful DAILIES FULLY CHARGED, which means this scene is SCRIPTED because you have to make your AP 100% charged 1st to do your combo. For those of you who dont PVP, AP is set to ZERO when you enter arena. So for the TR to have 100% AP means they PRE CHARGED IT before shooting the video e.g. this is SCRIPTED

4. BOTH daily and Assasinate had to CRIT AFTER the debuff and BOTH from stealth, again if you can demonstrate this 100% of the time instead of just ONE SCRIPTED video then ok there is a problem

One LUCKY SCRIPTED video is all the proof you have? I hope the devs will see through this
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

@nitocris83

This is obvious attempt to UNFAILY nerf TR

1. The video you showed is just one LUCKY rotation. If you can show this happens 100% of the time meaning 100/100 times, 1000/1000 times, then ok it is a problem

2. You used Wyvern artifact debuff, how can you say its a class problem when an artifact had something to do with it? Dont use artifact to show it is 100% a class problem

3. You had one of your most powerful DAILIES FULLY CHARGED, which means this scene is SCRIPTED because you have to make your AP 100% charged 1st to do your combo. For those of you who dont PVP, AP is set to ZERO when you enter arena. So for the TR to have 100% AP means they PRE CHARGED IT before shooting the video e.g. this is SCRIPTED

4. BOTH daily and Assasinate had to CRIT AFTER the debuff and BOTH from stealth, again if you can demonstrate this 100% of the time instead of just ONE SCRIPTED video then ok there is a problem

One LUCKY SCRIPTED video is all the proof you have? I hope the devs will see through this
    This is for sure an attempt to nerf TR in PVP, that's the point, duh.

TR's are able to nearly one shot me with 75k ish Def and 350k ish HP.
    It's also not just TR's, it's any class that has very fast casting powers with absurdly high magnitude.
    Did you know, Wizard has this funny ability called "Ray of Heals", it's an icy beam that quickly procs self heals?
    In PvP it's about burst damage, you need to be able to take big chunks of hp out fast, because if you do lots of little hits, you're just healing your opponent.