test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Exchange??

Bare with me if this seems stupid or out of place. I am new to Neverwinter so still learning the ropes. Been having fun and really enjoying the game. I just reached level 50. All this time I haven't accessed the AD exchange until now. I attempted to turn some Zen into AD. I entered the values but the A button would never light up for me to post the offer? Do I have to be of a higher level to use the AD exchange? Just seems odd that I would not have access to this feature much sooner than now or later. Any thoughts or comments welcome on this issue.

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Bare with me if this seems stupid or out of place. I am new to Neverwinter so still learning the ropes. Been having fun and really enjoying the game. I just reached level 50. All this time I haven't accessed the AD exchange until now. I attempted to turn some Zen into AD. I entered the values but the A button would never light up for me to post the offer? Do I have to be of a higher level to use the AD exchange? Just seems odd that I would not have access to this feature much sooner than now or later. Any thoughts or comments welcome on this issue.

They made some ridiculous, poorly communicated, apparently ineffective requirements for many game features/actions to combat gold sellers. To unlock these things you need to follow the basic main questline through Helm's Hold (I think that's it) or hit level 70 (that was max level when the change was made, it might need level 80 now) on at least onne character. This unlocks all additional characters created as well. Chat, AD exchange, auction house are among the things affected by this for new accounts.

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

They made some ridiculous, poorly communicated, apparently ineffective requirements for many game features/actions to combat gold sellers. To unlock these things you need to follow the basic main questline through Helm's Hold (I think that's it) or hit level 70 (that was max level when the change was made, it might need level 80 now) on at least onne character. This unlocks all additional characters created as well. Chat, AD exchange, auction house are among the things affected by this for new accounts.

you need to finish five quest zones. Protector's Enclave, Blacklake District, the Tower District, Black Dagger Ruins, and either Helm's Hold, or Neverdeath. One of the things that I have noticed running new characters is that there is a sewer crawl quest in PE that sometimes does not show up on the map if you level too quickly. I think the quest is called "Grace Rathburn's Jewelry." Outside the 7 suns coster market, on the North East Corner, there is an NPC vendor outside the market area. There is a sewer grate next to the stairs of the building across the street from the vendor. this is the entrance to the quest area. I hope that this helps.
  • sircaldwell#9589 sircaldwell Member Posts: 8 Arc User

you need to finish five quest zones. Protector's Enclave, Blacklake District, the Tower District, Black Dagger Ruins, and either Helm's Hold, or Neverdeath.

I am level 50 and just completed the Icespiers zone. So not sure what to make of it. Just seems odd that I can use my Zen to buy items in the Zen Store, but I can't convert any of it to AD on the exchange. I put in a ticket, so maybe I will hear something soon. Thank you both of replying to my inquiry.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I totally agree with @zephyriah about the poor decisions they made years ago. I have protested the chat issue the most as this causes many problems getting new players interested in the game. Back before all this B.S. they allowed chat to start at level 15. You could get people into guilds and help new users out. Now they can't do some of the most basic things in the game without playing to level 35 and running required quests that are not very obvious to all players.

If you have Zen and want to convert that to AD, it shouldn't be a problem. As I understood it, players who buy Zen for cash are not bound by the rules listed above?

I understand combating spambots selling AD and gold in game, but it didn't need to be designed to impair the new player. I am sure you have seen better methods to thwart the spammers. I don't know the present situation of the XB1 diamond exchange as I am on PC. But there is a standard 35 day wait with the backlog on PC at the minimum/maximum rate of 750 AD for 1 Zen. This is due to the poorly designed Auction House based on the crystal currency and not the gold as their previous games where.

Best of luck getting it sorted out.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I don't know the present situation of the XB1 diamond exchange as I am on PC. But there is a standard 35 day wait with the backlog on PC at the minimum/maximum rate of 750 AD for 1 Zen.

As of this posting

PS4 = 748

Xbox (despite the Jubilee in a few weeks) = 589