Adjust Rusted Iron Leggings for the Incoming heal changes

2»

Comments

  • rev#7881
    rev#7881 Member Posts: 343 Arc User

    The answer to that will be things like Temple of Tiamat failing more often.

    i don't even know how that will run now, people are all stacked on top of each other and with the new changes more people=less healing you add the leggings and it will be a complete HAMSTER show
  • adinosii
    adinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I am not so sure about this. As far as solo play is concerned, I am fine with leaving the boots as they are - and I have no problem with using them in a "max DPS solo play" loadout .. sure, you may be a bit more vulnerable, but if you survive, fine....it is indeed a meaningful choice, but it only affects you - so no big deal.

    The issue I see is more with morale and player interactions. A DPS player wants to wear the hoots, as "his choice", but it is a purely selfish choice that has a negative effect on others - specifically the healer who has to work harder, and possibly other team member if he gets killed at the wrong time......and he may blame the healer, who blames him back until one of them ragequits and the run fails.

    Fine if you always run with the same group of friends and the healer is aware of you using those boots and able to handle it....but when running with random people, I foresee some...friction.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • usglass#9722
    usglass#9722 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    How on earth are people saying these are the only viable boots on live
    Give me trash or adds and I'll wear my Primals for that sweet ap gain to kick in cots.
    It's only tomm where I'd wear these for a full dungeon
  • gromovnipljesak#8234
    gromovnipljesak#8234 Member Posts: 1,050 Arc User
    If a gear piece was made for M18, and then a balance change impacted that piece of gear, then the gear should be rebalanced.

    Or should we start keeping changes that also increase the power level?

    You can't both have your cake and eat it, pick a bloody side. Either adjust for mod updates or don't.

    Somehow they combine the do and don't into cases that are usually the worst option for the player.

    It's like as if the game gave you a chocolate bar with one hand, and with the other it stole your damn insulin.

    Except that in neverwinters case, the chocolate bar is actually just hand pressed poo and asbestos sandwich.
  • douglasopferbeck
    douglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I love how salty healers are over the boots. Lol It comes down to survivability and if dps can survive okay while wearing the boots in a dungeon. It’s a choice if you want to trade off some survivability for more damage which gets you through the dungeon quicker. I agree they need to drop down to at least 15% taking the healing changes into account, but I plan to continue wearing them on my dps until something better is released regardless... I currently have positive 30% incoming while wearing the boots...
  • vorphied
    vorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    > @usglass#9722 said:
    > How on earth are people saying these are the only viable boots on live
    > Give me trash or adds and I'll wear my Primals for that sweet ap gain to kick in cots.
    > It's only tomm where I'd wear these for a full dungeon

    True, but no one cares about trash or adds.

    I agree with the sentiment, though.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

    NIGHTSWATCH

  • durugudesu
    durugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

    I love how salty healers are over the boots. Lol It comes down to survivability and if dps can survive okay while wearing the boots in a dungeon. It’s a choice if you want to trade off some survivability for more damage which gets you through the dungeon quicker. I agree they need to drop down to at least 15% taking the healing changes into account, but I plan to continue wearing them on my dps until something better is released regardless... I currently have positive 30% incoming while wearing the boots...

    I dont think healers are salty, but there are just too many people playing as dps.. and not everyone plays as good as one another. If you keep wearing something that just makes you die frequently, you are not helping the team with your lowered damage. If you dont die then its all good - but i think the frustration comes from dps who wears those, and have no idea what the red circles on the ground mean and just ends up dying again and again.
  • liadan1984#8734
    liadan1984#8734 Member Posts: 275 Arc User

    I love how salty healers are over the boots. Lol It comes down to survivability and if dps can survive okay while wearing the boots in a dungeon. It’s a choice if you want to trade off some survivability for more damage which gets you through the dungeon quicker. I agree they need to drop down to at least 15% taking the healing changes into account, but I plan to continue wearing them on my dps until something better is released regardless... I currently have positive 30% incoming while wearing the boots...

    I dont think healers are salty, but there are just too many people playing as dps.. and not everyone plays as good as one another. If you keep wearing something that just makes you die frequently, you are not helping the team with your lowered damage. If you dont die then its all good - but i think the frustration comes from dps who wears those, and have no idea what the red circles on the ground mean and just ends up dying again and again.
    And then proceeds to blame the tank and the healer...

    I'm always happy to try to help people, but some people are.... belligerent, or... non responsive when you try to communicate with them...

    And that's where votekick comes in... I usually run with a group of friends, so shouldn't be a problem, but we'll vote kick if we get a random who's.... well... you know...
  • jbball92#2946
    jbball92#2946 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hmmm oh look people once again trying to eliminate the difficult choices in the game. terrible dps will always be terrible dps and -25% or -15% ich or whatever it would be changed to, won’t makeup for lack of skill. But the person asking why 0% ich, , it’s obviously arbitrary , but it shows a base level of effort and thought put into building your character. Once ich starts going negative it cuts into the healers ogh, but what I’m hearing people say is that the bis boots in the game that give the most dps should be easy to use, compensate for , and obtain. Pretty hilarious. Instead of adjusting you’re toons for a change and making a choice, you just want it nerfed so you can take the easy way out.



    Also, lmao at dark enchants
  • lardeson
    lardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    The whole argument as to whether there should be a trade or not, is simply irrelevant to the topic. The whole point is that there's a system thats being reworked across the game and this is part of that system. When crit strike dropped from 100 to 50% i dint see anyone saying "hey, you should allow this power to have 100% and this to have 50%, so that there's some trade off" Cause it wouldn't make any sense for a system that has a simple formula to work different in random cases.

    By this logic every single BiS gear should have a much more severe trade off. You just cant be running around with 10% more power from ebony just by dealing or healing 10% of ur hp, neither can you just get 10% increase damage from lionheart just by running 3x GG, or getting damage increase from artifact sets just by literally doing nothing. So yes it makes no sense or whatsoever: Again if you are changing how a whole system works, make sure everything is changed accordingly.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • jbball92#2946
    jbball92#2946 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @lardeson said:
    > The whole argument as to whether there should be a trade or not, is simply irrelevant to the topic. The whole point is that there's a system thats being reworked across the game and this is part of that system. When crit strike dropped from 100 to 50% i dint see anyone saying "hey, you should allow this power to have 100% and this to have 50%, so that there's some trade off" Cause it wouldn't make any sense for a system that has a simple formula to work different in random cases.
    >
    > By this logic every single BiS gear should have a much more severe trade off. You just cant be running around with 10% more power from ebony just by dealing or healing 10% of ur hp, neither can you just get 10% increase damage from lionheart just by running 3x GG, or getting damage increase from artifact sets just by literally doing nothing. So yes it makes no sense or whatsoever: Again if you are changing how a whole system works, make sure everything is changed accordingly.

    Na. It’s literally in the tooltip. You get 5% damage in exchange for -25% ich. There’s literally no debate. That’s just how this particular piece of gear is. So my recommendation would be that you invest in tacticals , or a better healer
  • lardeson
    lardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

    > @lardeson said:

    > The whole argument as to whether there should be a trade or not, is simply irrelevant to the topic. The whole point is that there's a system thats being reworked across the game and this is part of that system. When crit strike dropped from 100 to 50% i dint see anyone saying "hey, you should allow this power to have 100% and this to have 50%, so that there's some trade off" Cause it wouldn't make any sense for a system that has a simple formula to work different in random cases.

    >

    > By this logic every single BiS gear should have a much more severe trade off. You just cant be running around with 10% more power from ebony just by dealing or healing 10% of ur hp, neither can you just get 10% increase damage from lionheart just by running 3x GG, or getting damage increase from artifact sets just by literally doing nothing. So yes it makes no sense or whatsoever: Again if you are changing how a whole system works, make sure everything is changed accordingly.



    Na. It’s literally in the tooltip. You get 5% damage in exchange for -25% ich. There’s literally no debate. That’s just how this particular piece of gear is. So my recommendation would be that you invest in tacticals , or a better healer

    Yes, on live tacticals currently give you 6% incoming healing too on its tooltip. Not sure what point you are trying to make.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • jbball92#2946
    jbball92#2946 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    And they give 2%. The boots give -25%. Not sure what you’re point is. Other than complain because you’re too lazy to properly build your character
  • lardeson
    lardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

    And they give 2%. The boots give -25%. Not sure what you’re point is. Other than complain because you’re too lazy to properly build your character

    They give 2% on preview, 6% on live, thats 1/3 of its current value. It's amazing im having to explain this to you. They are changing the whole system regarding incoming and outgoing healing, the -25% on the boots is part of the incoming healing system and should be equally adressed and do not worry about my character, its properly built. One thing is building your character and another is having to put up with an incoherence in a system design. one has nothing to do with the other.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • jbball92#2946
    jbball92#2946 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @lardeson said:
    > (Quote)
    > They give 2% on preview, 6% on live, thats 1/3 of its current value. It's amazing im having to explain this to you. They are changing the whole system regarding incoming and outgoing healing, the -25% on the boots is part of the incoming healing system and should be equally adressed and do not worry about my character, its properly built. One thing is building your character and another is having to put up with an incoherence in a system design. one has nothing to do with the other.


    Right so you’re whining just to whine about your poorly built character. got it
  • lardeson
    lardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User

    > @lardeson said:

    > (Quote)

    > They give 2% on preview, 6% on live, thats 1/3 of its current value. It's amazing im having to explain this to you. They are changing the whole system regarding incoming and outgoing healing, the -25% on the boots is part of the incoming healing system and should be equally adressed and do not worry about my character, its properly built. One thing is building your character and another is having to put up with an incoherence in a system design. one has nothing to do with the other.





    Right so you’re whining just to whine about your poorly built character. got it

    Not sure if you think mocking my character makes you sound any smarter but ok, you are absolutely right, my character is garbage and yes im whining for them to address an issue that makes no sense with what they are trying to implement. Now have a good day your highness.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • liadan1984#8734
    liadan1984#8734 Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    I'm going to assume, seeing as the rusted iron leggings are staying at 25% ICH, that other "legacy" items with OGH that haven't changed on preview won't be changing, and that's just fine.