test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problems logging in

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 300 Arc User
Taking forever to log in, when and if it finally succeeds I get DC'ed immediately.
Also, was there a change to the launcher lately? The last few days I have had to type in my password where as before it automatically was entered after clicking 'Play' in Arc.
DON'T
PANIC!

Comments

• bronson#5745 bronson Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Having the same issues and was wondering about the password thing as well.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Took forever logged into xbox and I can run around but not do anything chat offline invoke dont work cant use items nothing
  • k272t#1665 k272t Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Same for me too , UK , tried force verify still no good, can get to character screen after that not fully loading then dc'd
  • goldensbridgegoldensbridge Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same here, can get to char screen, then takes forever to get in game, if even possible. Then game crashes.
  • lucatony090#5492 lucatony090 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same problem too. It is not my connection problem, I have even done a ping test and there is no packet loss.

• jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    UK here same issue, I feel a server reboot coming on :disappointed:
  • dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    US here. Was signed in this morning, got DC'd while running around Ebon Downs doing Tyranny of Dragons stuff. Managed to sign in, but my quest line was bugged all to heck. Logged off and cannot log back in.

This is wonky as heck.
    "Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • pshaw1984pshaw1984 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yup same for me in the US.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    same here was taking so long to log in i restarted the game an then after few was able to get in on ps4 was able to inboke on my 2 alts an then finally got to my main after abt 10 min got in chult invoke an the lag was so bad i was rubber banding all over the map an i barely movced 2 steps
    its been while since ive exp'd this bad of lag too
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    Same
  • zyronaxzyronax Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    Same here.

Had to re-type my password at launcher. (This is now happening each time I launch the launcher application.)

Was able to log in on one of my characters and enter PE. When I switched to another character, it got stuck at 95% on the loading bar screen. Had to do a manual shutdown of the .exe file. When I log back in, I get to the character screen, but without the character models loading, and the loading icon just spinning its wheels ad infinitum or until it times out.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Same
  • dreadlordmikeydreadlordmikey Member Posts: 59 Arc User

same here was taking so long to log in i restarted the game an then after few was able to get in on ps4 was able to inboke on my 2 alts an then finally got to my main after abt 10 min got in chult invoke an the lag was so bad i was rubber banding all over the map an i barely movced 2 steps
    its been while since ive exp'd this bad of lag too

Yep. I forgot to mention the horrifying levels of lag this morning. The rubber banding was so bad it carried vorpal levels of whiplash.

"Over the course of my many years I have learned one thing: I don't know anything, I only think I do. And I'm not even sure about that." -- Rasgard the Wise
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Same
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Xbox is back up and running now
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    PC is working normal too now
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • aln01#7299 aln01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I am not seeing issues in general play it is when changing characters the problems start. And sometimes map changes too.
  • hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    same ,server unplayable ,and the arc problem
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Log in, invoke, change character, find myself looking at the login screen. Plus incredibly long load times once I get it to start and it doesn't kick to the login screen.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Well, that was one interesting evening here... did a few insurgency runs on my Fighter without any problems, thought i could do the same with my Paladin, but i ended up in some broken insurgency where no enemies would spawn.

It then took a while to find a working instance, got in, began fighting, but suddenly mobs started healing themself up over and over again, for a moment i suspected my Lillend switched sides, but it was just massive connection issues resulting in a swift disconnect and not being able to log into the game properly.

Stopped playing for a while and tried again later, it worked fine for a while, but then it was right back to disconnects and login problems. What the hell is going on?

Edit: It's a bit better now, logging from one character on another still takes a lot of time, and there's some serious rubberbanding going on, but at least no disconnects or SNR...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • omgilovesteak#6807 omgilovesteak Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I can't log in \o/
    ... still an issue even after the maintenance/patch today. Switching characters feels sluggish, and got disconnected from the game server too. I could log in again right away, but there's still something not working right.
    Want to know why?
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Do you park your toons in Avernus? If so, don't. I had issues getting in game while my toons were parked there. Started parking in PE again, no further login issues. Still get the normal disconnects loading maps and other times, but not loading into the game anymore.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    regpei said:

Do you park your toons in Avernus? If so, don't. I had issues getting in game while my toons were parked there. Started parking in PE again, no further login issues. Still get the normal disconnects loading maps and other times, but not loading into the game anymore.

PE is another bad area. It was the worst before Avernus. Try other areas. I park mine in Moonstone mask because I have VIP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2020
    Well, for me it doesn't matter where i log in, i can get into Vallenhas just fine with one character, play for a while, try to log on another character in Dread Ring, Yawning Portal or PE and get disconnected.

It would be nice to hear something official about this HAMSTER.

Btw. anyone else noticed not getting rewards from an insurgency? I'm in the middle of it, running around and fighting, the Rift appears and someone closes it, but there's nothing to claim. And i allways collect my reward before going into the next insurgency, so it's not like an older reward could "block" the new one...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?