test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Staff of flowers from The Blood War Lockbox charbound directly out of the box

I just wantet to transfer a few more tradebars and ADs to the preview server and i had 26 keys on the 2 chars, so i gave the new lockbox a chance.

one character, Bayaz 24 now has 2 staffs of flowers, one blue and one purple. I wantet to mail them to my main on the PTS, but they are both bound to character right out of the box.

Maybe someone wants to take a look. @skingdev#1102
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master

Comments

• akeysdev#3222 akeysdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    The staff is Bind on Pickup, so technically this is not a bug.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    if you are gonna make the staff bound it should be at least account bound, but the question is, is everything from the lockbox bound? or just specific items?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    this is a new lockbox low for the devs lol ..

and ..comming next ..instant bound to character epic mounts unsellable untradeable :)
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I had to confirm so I opened The Blood War Lockbox on preview, on my 16th keys, Epic Staff of Flowers (Bound Character).
    Hopefully this is a bug!

If this is intended, @nitocris83 you might want to note it on your usual lockbox announcement blog when this roll out live. Many will be displease that The Staff of Flowers is bound to character, rather than "Bound by Equip".

@rev Everything else are not bound or have no bound status, so "unbound".
  • sunshinehappy#2439 sunshinehappy Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Imagine getting 4 or 5 of them and just having to discard them all 😭. I will never touch this lockbox
    edited June 2020
    then why just bind staff of flowers? makes no sense... if you don't want the price of it to drop just don't put it on the lockbox

Anyway i went to check what the box has in it and it's another useless one for me, better stay with the old ones
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    The staff seems to be one of the very few things in the box, that are actually worth something, so i can not understand this change in lockbox policy.

At least now i will not even be temptet to touch it, sticking with merchant prince. Or maybe the one with the triceratops.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    So you want us to open less lockboxes? I like that you take care about ludopathy
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User

The staff is Bind on Pickup, so technically this is not a bug.

No it's a troll :#

Even the staff from zok is unbound, what's with binding something in a lockbox?
  • akeysdev#3222 akeysdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 7 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2020
    Hello again! Sorry for the confusion - I was looking at the non-lockbox version, which is intended to bind on pickup. I've put a bug in for this, so it can be looked into. =)

Thanks so much for the report!
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Hello again! Sorry for the confusion - I was looking at the non-lockbox version, which is intended to bind on pickup. I've put a bug in for this, so it can be looked into. =)

Unless I'm missing something, the non lockbox version of Staff of Flowers (from Zok's boxes) is not bound at all.
    What are you talking there?...

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
    edited June 2020

Unless I'm missing something, the non lockbox version of Staff of Flowers (from Zok's boxes) is not bound at all.
    What are you talking there?...

he may be talking about the one from the tradebar store you can buy now (well.. in mod 19 i mean)