test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Build help and recommendations - Pre Mod 19

wolvesgazewolvesgaze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2020 in The Wilds
My survivability has gone from decent\okay to almost non-existent in bel and insurgencies. I am looking to the collective Wilds mind to help me update my ranger and get in a good spot ahead of Mod 19. Any feedback is appreicated.

BeaunAro Gear and Build
Post edited by wolvesgaze on

Comments

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    My suggestions for Bel. I gave them already to some guildies and it seems their performance has improved from a survivability point of view.
    1) Use an Hunter loadout.
    2) Choose the feat giving you double ranged damage (don't remember the name),Thorned Roots and More than Disruptive. The others as you see fit.
    3) Slot Constrictive Arrow, Longstrider Shot, Commanding Shot, Disruptive Shot and Rapid Shot.
    4) Remember to switch stances and activate Stag Heart as soon as it comes out from cooldown.

This setup will let you stay ranged which is basically what you need against Bel. Walk slowly around the arena shooting Bel from distance. If he teleports close to you, dodge back and restart walking and shooting. Stag Heart will soak most of the ranged damage Bel throws at you.
    Stay at the edges of the arena when you are closed to the moments where he throws you up in the air. The closest you are to the center the more you'll risk of being thrown over the central fire that appears, typically for a sizeable amount of damage. Always try to have temporary hit points from Stag Heart when ge's throwing you up.

The only issue you may have are the imps Bel may summon from time to time as this is a single target setup. I use Envenomed Storyteller's Journal to kill them, you may find other ways.

I run a 26,8k HR with Rusted Iron Leggings and 400k HP and usually with this setup I don't even need potions and end up with something between 50 and 80% of my health (mainly depending on Bel summoning imps or not).

Everything you can add on the healing side (insignia bonuses, Harvester's Hood for Imps,...) will help you as well.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    For insurgencies. Go Hunter once again and spam Rapid Volley. You're not fighting for a paingiver place.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    wolvesgazewolvesgaze Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks again. Your insight is always appreciated.