test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stuck at 20K

vent#4469 vent Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I'm new to Neverwinter. I mostly just been playing solo. I've been running daily Master Expeditions and have got my gearscore to 20K. I've tried Avernus but it can take forever just to do one quest. Some I just can't do. I have tried a few random epic dungeons but the group always quits. My gear is all 980 or 1000. I feel like I'm stuck. I can keep grinding Master Expeditions but it won't help improve my gear. Any suggestions to what I should be working on to improve my stats so I can quest in Avernus without constantly dying?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Join a guild.
    Upgrade artifacts.
    Upgrade enchantments, runestones, and bonding stones.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • akuarmotonakuarmoton Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Also to improve your character, work campaigns to get boons if you already haven't done so. Each boon increase IL too.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    The main targets are high rank bonding runestones, a legendary augment companion and good companion gear with good runestones in. And buy two TOMM rings, they give extremely high stats for a very low investment
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • deaththaed#4569 deaththaed Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    At first you should always get your bonding runestones in your compagnion up as high as possible together with good comp gear wich balances your stats to the caps. You get all of that gear in me and stordock we.
    Get your active compagnion at legendary to get the best stats. The difference for your stats between epic and leg augment compagnion is huge. No need for Multiple legendaries Only your activ one.

Everything else like enchantments on your char, and gear are less important than your compagnion.

To get the avernus gear, wich highly improve your gs and stats, you dont need to do the quests. Look at the chat and Switch to instances where the Big heroics are up. Farm them to get currencies for yuma bags wich can Give you all avernus gear and with some Luck even epic mounts, comps and other nice items. No need for group up and you only have to Avoid the dmg to survive^^

As soon as you have some decent bondings and comp gear on your compagnion, avernus quests become easy so you Can get the next boons.

And Last Point, dont look at gear Score while you try to improve your dmg. A Lot of high ilvl gear is worse than some old Lower lvl stuff.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    you should have no problems soloing quests in Avernus right now. I know for a fact that any toon starting with an 18 to 20k IL can solo all available quests in Avernus because I have done it with all 8 of my toons (1 for each class). Probably the easiest one to do all of the quests with is the CW (arcane) and is one of two toons that had to do it with only rank 9 runestones and enchantments.

Even so, I would still suggest just attending a few BHE in Avernus and then visit Juma as having pretty much any of that equipment at the start makes it so much easier.

It should be noted that 7 of the 8 toons I have completed Avernus with always had an epic or legendary augment companion of some type summoned. Also, at the start for each one I died often until I was able to figure out which encounter powers worked best at allowing me to survive the regular mobs and which tactics and encounter powers worked best against a single opponent in the village and wood glyphworks. (for the fighter, paladin and barbarian switching to the tank side was sometimes necessary and for the paladin it was a permanent switch to tank for solo play.)

Also note that before doing Avernus the only boon points available for 5 of them were the ones you get from completing undermountain and technically it was done without the aid of guild boons as I still had all of those toons in one guild with only a level 5 guild hall. (guild has 1 boon that provides a 3% bonus to experience and they all had that equipped at the time.)

You should also be able to solo the minor heroic saving souls unless you are playing a cleric-healer in which case you will run out of time before you finish.

At some point, for all toons, you will pretty much be able to stop using stones of health and healing potions for all of the Avernus quests.