test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Something about balancing or adjusting enchants...

Currently, in the game, most weapon and armor charms are in total disuse because they are much lower than what is considered as Bis.

See some enchantments and mention some improvements in those that are not Bis:

Bronzewood Enchantment vs Feytouched

Bronzewood Enchantment: Your At-Will, Encounter, and Daily powers deal 5% bonus damage as Arcane damage.Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked for 10 seconds. Marked targets will take 10% more damage from you and allies, and marked targets receive -3,000 Deflection.The target can only have a mark applied once every 20 seconds.

Feytouched: Your At-Will, Encounter, and Daily powers deal 5% bonus damage as Psychic damage.Your daily powers decrease target damage dealt by 10% and inflict -3,000 Deflection Rating. This effect lasts 10 seconds and may only happen once every 30 seconds.

There are 2 enchants used by Tanks, one for another in disuse. While Bronzewood activates or bonuses to use any power or Feytouched, you can use a daily power to activate the bonus. Those who use Bronzewood no longer care about Fey's damage resistance bonus, for them their enchant is better because it increases the damage of the entire group, including yours. Those who use Fey are tanks that still need that damage debuff, but it is a very difficult bonus to be able to activate. Why not put Fey on the same level of Bronze bonus activation? Bronze would still be Bis and Fey would become more viable.

I could also make a comparison of Shadowclad vs Negation, mentioning that Shadowclad stacks are much easier to maintain and more beneficial than those of Negation which can hardly stack to activate the second bonus which gives a very low cure.

I wouldn't know what level other enchants like Flaming, Plague and Terror are at, but I know that the Prominence that was the last enchantment to be released in the game is not where it should be.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Enchants are in a very bad state now. Id suggest to balance them a bit, and make weapons and armors that have 2 or 3 slots for enchantmets so you can build some interesting combos, and more enchants will be used not only the considered BIS.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    My suggestion for weapon and armor enchantments is to connect them to the various enemy types by adding resistance shields to increase the overall value of these enchantments. Each enchantment will have to be reworked, but I can definitely explain how that would work in Part 2. For now this is just examples of connectivity scenarios:

Fire Type Enemies will produce Fire Shields and do Fire Damage
    Player would use Frost Weapon Enchantment to remove fire shields and Fireburst Armor Enchantment for fire damage reduction.

Water Type Enemies will produce Water Shields and do Water Damage
    Player would use Flaming Weapon Enchantment to remove water shields and Frostburn Armor Enchantment for water damage reduction.

Earth Type Enemies will produce Earth Shields and do Earth Damage
    Player would use Lightning Weapon Enchantment to remove earth shields and Barkshield Armor Enchantment for earth damage reduction.

Air Type Enemies will produce Air Shields and do Lightning Damage
    Player would use Bilethorn Weapon Enchantment to remove air shields and Thunderhead Armor Enchantment for lightning damage reduction.

To see more examples click below

Undead Type Enemies will produce Necrotic Shields and do Necrotic Damage
    Player would use Holy Avenger Enchantment to remove necrotic shields and Soulforged Armor Enchantment for necrotic damage reduction.

Human Type Enemies will produce Physical Shields and do Physical Damage
    Player would use Lifedrinker Enchantment to remove physical shields and Loamweave Armor Enchantment for physical damage reduction.

Vampire Type Enemies will produce Psychic Shields and do Psychic Damage
    Player would use Prominence Enchantment to remove psychic shields and Bloodtheft Armor Enchantment for psychic damage reduction.

Demonic Type Enemies will produce Necrotic Shields and do Necrotic Damage
    Player would use Holy Avenger Enchantment to remove necrotic shields and Soulforged Armor Enchantment for necrotic damage reduction.

Celestial Type Enemies will produce Radiant Shields and do Radiant Damage
    Player would use Dread Enchantment to remove radiant shields and Eclipse Armor Enchantment for radiant damage reduction.

Fey Type Enemies will produce Psychic Shields and do Psychic Damage
    Player would use Prominence Enchantment to remove psychic shields and Bloodtheft Armor Enchantment for psychic damage reduction.

Lycanthrope Type Enemies will produce Physical Shields and do Physical Damage
    Player would use Lifedrinker Enchantment to remove physical shields and Loamweave Armor Enchantment for physical damage reduction.

Troll Type Enemies will produce Physical Shields and do Physical Damage

Giant Type Enemies will produce the appropriate shields depending on the origin of the giant.
    Player would use the appropriate weapon and armor enchantment depending on the origin of the giant.
    Ex: Frost Giants would be Water Type Enemies, Fire Giants would be Fire Type Enemies, King Malabog (Giant) would be Fey Type Enemy, Lord Orcus (Giant) would be Demon Type Enemy.

Arcane Type Enemies will produce Arcane Shields and do Arcane Damage
    Player would use Feytouched Enchantment to remove arcane shields and Negation Armor Enchantment for arcane damage reduction.

Dragon (Baby) Type Enemies will produce the appropriate shields depending on the origin of the dragon.
    Player would use the appropriate weapon and armor enchantment depending on the origin of the dragon.

Dragon (Giant) Type Enemies will produce Elemental Shields and do Elemental damage
    Player would use Vorpal Enchantment to remove elemental shields and Briartwine Armor Enchantment for elemental damage reduction.

Again, this is just examples of connectivity scenarios of how the various enemy types would be resistant to any enchantment that does not remove their corresponding shield and what enchantments players would need to resist certain damage types. It would totally change the way we fight enemies. Definitely, the gold cost of switching weapon and armor enchantments would have to removed. lol

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    > @kir4me8604#8436 said:
    > My suggestion for weapon and armor enchantments is to connect them to the various enemy types by adding resistance shields to increase the overall value of these enchantments. Each enchantment will have to be reworked, but I can definitely explain how that would work in Part 2. For now this is just examples of connectivity scenarios:
    >
    > Fire Type Enemies will produce Fire Shields and do Fire Damage
    > Player would use Frost Weapon Enchantment to remove fire shields and Fireburst Armor Enchantment for fire damage reduction.
    >
    > Water Type Enemies will produce Water Shields and do Water Damage
    > Player would use Flaming Weapon Enchantment to remove water shields and Frostburn Armor Enchantment for water damage reduction.
    >
    > Earth Type Enemies will produce Earth Shields and do Earth Damage
    > Player would use Lightning Weapon Enchantment to remove earth shields and Barkshield Armor Enchantment for earth damage reduction.
    >
    > Air Type Enemies will produce Air Shields and do Lightning Damage
    > Player would use Bilethorn Weapon Enchantment to remove air shields and Thunderhead Armor Enchantment for lightning damage reduction.
    >
    > To see more examples click below
    >
    > (Spoiler)
    >
    >
    > Again, this is just examples of connectivity scenarios of how the various enemy types would be resistant to any enchantment that does not remove their corresponding shield and what enchantments players would need to resist certain damage types. It would totally change the way we fight enemies. Definitely, the gold cost of switching weapon and armor enchantments would have to removed. lol

Good in theory, not good in practice. You'd need a dozen enchants to be effective
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Not to mention a complete rework of the combat engine to add in the different enemy types.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kir4me8604#8436 kir4me8604 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    You would only need the enchantments that are relevant to the content that you are doing. It would also be a progression system that would make all weapon enchantments relevant to own and level up. As it now stands, leveling weapon enchantments are a waste of time. As the "IDEAL" weapon and armor enchantment changes. They really offer no real depth to the combat as it makes no sense to fight all monsters in Neverwinter with a single weapon enchantment. Which is the Current Reality: Bilethorn & Barkshield.

The goal was just to reinvent the purpose and meaning behind weapon and armor enchantments, along with changing how we engage with enemies in Neverwinter. The campaigns could focus on one enemy type with different variants of that type to add a level of challenge for those areas.

The shield system could work like Tera's Boss Overshield before the health is revealed. Once the shields are broken, normal weapon damage is applied, not enchantments.

Ex: Elemental Evil with the four basic element types could require players that go to those different areas just to have a Rank 8/9 Enchantment of the Flaming, Frost, Lightning, and Bilethorn. These are the first of weapon enchantments players should be introduced to anyway. Along with Fireburst, Frostburn, Barkshield, and Thunderhead.

The idea came from how Destiny 2 uses the match weapon damage type to break the shield of monsters in the game. It is a great system that makes all their damage types relevant. They even took it further with special season mods that must be equipped break the shields of much stronger enemies at end game.

It may be difficult in theory but Neverwinter need a New System for Enchantments that are CONNECTED to the Enemies in the Game.