test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game keeps downloading/patching something in the top left corner of the screen.

rodent89rodent89 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I reset Windows 10 a few days ago such that Neverwinter needed to be reinstalled. Since then i haven't really been playing but i've been Invoking and Crafting daily and bouncing between those two areas of the main hub. Does anyone know what the game might be doing that causes that notification to appear in the top left corner of the screen even after several days ?

Best Answer

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    It is downloading textures and such. Everytime you go into the area it will download the same files, so it is better to just turn it off. And yes, your initial was much smaller due to it being on.

Answers

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    You probably have on-demand patching turned on, as it is by default. You would have to go into the launcher options and turn it off. Then exit the launcher and re-launch it, so it can patch what is not patched yet. Then it will stop doing it.
  • rodent89rodent89 Member Posts: 15 Arc User

You probably have on-demand patching turned on, as it is by default. You would have to go into the launcher options and turn it off. Then exit the launcher and re-launch it, so it can patch what is not patched yet. Then it will stop doing it.

It is ON, yes. If that's what's happening, can You guess as to what it's downloading/patching ? Equipment, Companions and Mounts that haven't yet been in my vicinity ? Was my initial install smaller due to this funcionality having been turned on ?