test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

“What’s the point of playing any more if you're not in the elite?”

13»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Wait until you see the scaling in mod 19. From what I've heard all the enemies in the whole game scale up to match you no matter where you are. That way your progression is meaningless everywhere instead of just in dungeons.

In this is true I'm done.
    I would agree, but I have said that before (in M16) so I wouldn't bet on it anymore, but:
    If this is done correctly right from the start in a game, it is no issue. There are other ways to make it more rewarding for vets, or to feel like there is steady progression. Especially in a setting where skills are upgraded with time/lvling, and it often is not completely balanced in a way that makes you feel completely new-ish. I see some problems with running old content if this is true and they do not get the loot tables right (and, I mean, come on...) and regarding the (amount of) scaled content. If there is intention to scale everything, then I can imagine that there will be dungeons completely untouched unless the loot really really makes up for your lifetime lost.
    But NW is very very reliant on a different system, and imo it (NW) has already seen too much change, and scaling was not yet something people celebrated here... So, all in all, I hope this is not true.
    E. maybe later
    The issue is now, is that the ONLY thing IMO that NW has going for itself now is progression. If they take that away, if they make all content the same difficulty there is no motivation to play no matter what the loot is because the end sum will be zero. If my level 80 25K main has to fight as hard in Sharander as she does in Undermountain there is simply no motivation for me to get any loot because it doesn't matter. The might as well take away stats and IL and just give is new gear for appearance only. SMH

I can only think that maybe they want people to buy more campaign tokens and just not bother with the legacy stuff any more and making it just as difficult as newer content people will just stop playing it.
    progression is already gone though. the scaling down has seen to that. scaling up would be better but not everywhere. and not to the players level in all content. and rewards need to be commiserate. this game is so lost. :(
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    @autumn witch: The next player might write a topic titled "What's the point of playing any more once your elite?"
    I think you are just having a depressed moment. Forum vultures will not help that much. Things will get better. We all have slumps, no matter what game we are playing. Looking back, they are periods of transition. Good luck, and thanks for all the great work you have done.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    As a player that has taken some time away from NWO and have been playing other MMOs and coming back for about a week I can state this with certainty. NWO mod 15 was a better game than NWO is today. NWO today is doesn't compare with other MMOs at all. Lack of creating builds, lacks of having options, lack of buffs, lack of debuffs, etc... this game was good and enjoyable but all of the changes to improve coding for the developers ruined the game for simplicity.

Going on a tank or healer I could not Q into anything after waiting a good hour. I gave up because of how bad things are, even with what is going on it is crazy to wait that long in a online game. Jumped onto another MMO and within seconds of qing I was in a dungeon on a tank and the same with a healer.

It is sad that this game has the D&D backing but isn't even a good MMO and given that D&D helped create the MMO craze you figured a D&D mmo would have options and would be fun and engaging, unfortunately NWO is not.

For those on PS4 that have PS+ and can throw $10-20 at a one time purchase I recommend picking up ESO. That game reminds me a bit of NWO when it was fun without the need to grind to improve runestones or AD for companions. Mechanics actually matter in end game dungeons. There are more trials in ESO and they are also fun and engaging.

Maybe next big fix/update NWO will become fun again. Maybe.

For those sticking with this game I wish you the best. This game IMO had better days.
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Unfortunately I agree with you here. I was here since the very beginning, sometimes took a break and coming back, yes I had some nice years of playing. Now after almost 7 years, I just wait for two other games to release. To all in the game and in the forum I wish you the best and thank you for the input, the help, the motivation and the discussions, good luck.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

As a player that has taken some time away from NWO and have been playing other MMOs and coming back for about a week I can state this with certainty. NWO mod 15 was a better game than NWO is today. NWO today is doesn't compare with other MMOs at all. Lack of creating builds, lacks of having options, lack of buffs, lack of debuffs, etc... this game was good and enjoyable but all of the changes to improve coding for the developers ruined the game for simplicity.

Going on a tank or healer I could not Q into anything after waiting a good hour. I gave up because of how bad things are, even with what is going on it is crazy to wait that long in a online game. Jumped onto another MMO and within seconds of qing I was in a dungeon on a tank and the same with a healer.

It is sad that this game has the D&D backing but isn't even a good MMO and given that D&D helped create the MMO craze you figured a D&D mmo would have options and would be fun and engaging, unfortunately NWO is not.

For those on PS4 that have PS+ and can throw $10-20 at a one time purchase I recommend picking up ESO. That game reminds me a bit of NWO when it was fun without the need to grind to improve runestones or AD for companions. Mechanics actually matter in end game dungeons. There are more trials in ESO and they are also fun and engaging.

Maybe next big fix/update NWO will become fun again. Maybe.

For those sticking with this game I wish you the best. This game IMO had better days.

For some reason the combat in ESO just feels clunky and unresponsive to me. I have tried to play it so many times but it just doesn't feel right with combat. I love everything else about the game tho. It's also really hard to level/advance without playing with other people which is why I still play NW so much is that I can do most things solo.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I don't know if they "updated" Avernus on PS4 yet, but I went back in today on PC, and here is what I have found. The Minor Heroic Encounters are no longer able to be beaten alone by any of my characters (most of them have finished the campaign). I could not get a party together for MHEs because chat is flooded with "+++ Insurg +++" and "+++ Ins Boss +++". The HE called Saving Souls use to be soloed the easiest, unless you plan to chew on blue health stones like crack, this needs a 3 to 5 man team minimum. They added a horseman that patrols the ruins going up the stairs (where I use to wait for other players to join me) and runs left out the side and down the path looping back up the stairs. This is one of those elite demons that you need to kill him and the horse. I was able to do that unfortunately it triggered the event. While I spent 3 life scrolls and chewed on 4 health stones, I still lost with 3 enemies to kill, when I was simply beaten by the clock.

I won't be going back to Avernus anytime soon. In fact, I am thinking that other than the summer festival and anniversary, I will be taking a break from this game and playing something else. I have been on here very regular, it seems to be wearing thin now. I will return in the Fall and maybe get the last two boon points in Avernus? I always knew and told people here, they didn't make up the scaling just to toss it out. I don't mind a challenge either but the game needs content other than me beating up NPCs without a good story. The Foundry has laid in ashes for over a year now and I knew it was never coming back. They pulped all our works. One of the Foundry authors told me they wrecked the Foundry out of jealousy. I don't know about that, but when I got bored with the content before, I would have just played some Foundry quests.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • joe7777joe7777 Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    Jealousy is a blunt way of expressing discontent with the real reason they scrapped the Foundry: turning interest away from new content.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

I don't know if they "updated" Avernus on PS4 yet, but I went back in today on PC, and here is what I have found. The Minor Heroic Encounters are no longer able to be beaten alone by any of my characters (most of them have finished the campaign). I could not get a party together for MHEs because chat is flooded with "+++ Insurg +++" and "+++ Ins Boss +++". The HE called Saving Souls use to be soloed the easiest, unless you plan to chew on blue health stones like crack, this needs a 3 to 5 man team minimum. They added a horseman that patrols the ruins going up the stairs (where I use to wait for other players to join me) and runs left out the side and down the path looping back up the stairs. This is one of those elite demons that you need to kill him and the horse. I was able to do that unfortunately it triggered the event. While I spent 3 life scrolls and chewed on 4 health stones, I still lost with 3 enemies to kill, when I was simply beaten by the clock.

I won't be going back to Avernus anytime soon. In fact, I am thinking that other than the summer festival and anniversary, I will be taking a break from this game and playing something else. I have been on here very regular, it seems to be wearing thin now. I will return in the Fall and maybe get the last two boon points in Avernus? I always knew and told people here, they didn't make up the scaling just to toss it out. I don't mind a challenge either but the game needs content other than me beating up NPCs without a good story. The Foundry has laid in ashes for over a year now and I knew it was never coming back. They pulped all our works. One of the Foundry authors told me they wrecked the Foundry out of jealousy. I don't know about that, but when I got bored with the content before, I would have just played some Foundry quests.

You are right on all of this. The game just isn’t fun to me anymore. I didn’t even do my weeklies in Avernus this week. I find myself working on lower level alts just because the earlier stuff seems more fun to me.
    I also can’t complete the one that requires you to do minor HEs because no one is doing them anymore.

I also miss Undermountain. I know a lot of people hated it but I could run it at my own pace with no time gate, never had to do a HE until I completed it and that is just to get energy for runes in MEs. I love that I can do MEs and can do them and get decent gear if it’s only RNG and I can do them solo.

In fact, I am running alts through it now just because I find it the least stressful and most enjoyable. I love that there are different place not just one big burning sand lot full of hyper-aggroed baddies.

I am also finding myself buying out the events for my main because they are so boring and repetitive and many times fails due to bugs and other stuff out of my control.

So much of me wants to take some time off but I have a guild and am in a great alliance so I am checking in just to tend and do a few influence runs and do just a few professions.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts