test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19: Fighter Feedback

joebot#9387 joebot Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
Good day all! This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the changes made to the Fighter in Module 19.

Along with the changes in the M18 Class Balance Adjustments thread, we continue to make adjustments to improve the performance of our classes. It is important to note that while we continue to tune the function and numbers of powers, what you see on preview can sometimes change before launch. However, you know your class best so we wanted to get your hands on these changes as soon as possible.

At-wills
  • Reave: Increase magnitude from 30 to 45
Encounters
  • Commander's Strike: Increase magnitude from 400 to 600.
    • Reduced cooldown from 21 seconds to 18 seconds.
Feats
  • Weight of Vengeance: Increase magnitude from +300 to Anvil of Doom to +380
    • Reduced the Vengeance requirement and consumption from 25 to 15.

As always, thank you for taking the time to check things out on preview, we look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: The magnitude for Commander's Strike is 560 instead of 600.

Feedback: I don't like the changes to Griffon's Wrath, I prefer the old charge based approach.

Comments

• xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    it seems you know but :
    I don't like the changes to Griffon's Wrath, I prefer the old charge based approach, and the new animation is awkward, much much better the orginal.

griffon's wrath is the primary reason i took a 7 month break from NW when MOD16 came out.

with my build i don't need to refill my stamina during combat, so into the fray is useful only per the +20% increase in speed, it seems a little weak buff to slot it in the encounter bar.

the other thing that i really miss from pre-mod 16 is knight's valor, i understand that you don't want to put buff back in the game (rhis encounter increased damage resistance) but the new one is pretty much useless, it doesn't last enough and only one party member is too little.

this might be out of topic, but i think that the justicar paladin need a little bit of attention, they aren't anymore a support class, they are a ugly copy of the vanguard, they need more powerful power suited to increase the survivability of the party (like shared heals, but not bound to a daily, and something similiar to knight's valor),

reality is what most recognize as true
  • hamsterhero99#6999 hamsterhero99 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Heavy Slash seems to have 175 magnitude vs 135 on Live at the moment.

All other changes are good and will benefit in one way or the other, Brazen slash could be changed slightly, as the last attack animation is too long and leaves us hanging for no reason.

The only other changes would be 1 more Offensive slot for Companion Bonus, instead of 3 Defense. This goes for Barbarian too, since we have DPS path, but companion slots are for tank only (Other DPS classes have 3 Offense, which puts them above us stats wise). It's hard to cap all stats on Fighter, compared to other classes.

Thanks
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I don't know if is a bug or intentional, but some skill of the fighter not working with swordman's perk, like mow down, commander's strike, earthshaker, shield throw, prepared slam. I know that only commander's strike and mow down should procs swordman's perk, since they have in the tooltip range:melee, but shield slam and rave don't says range:melee and they working with this, and rave is a range attack.
  • abdalonangelabdalonangel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Fighters are the weakest dps in game, and it will be for a long time (if not improve some changes).

At-will
    Need urgent to increase damage from Cleave (at least 45/50 mag)
    At-will when using shield increase +15 mag for all
    Reave at least 70 mag (its the only good option to use with Heavy Slash, and its slow and now useless) - PS on live and preview are the same 45 mag
    Heavy Slash - 175 its good (as said by @hamsterhero99#6999 I didn't test so far using ACT)

Encounters
    Shield Slam - Need to increase to 250
    Knee B. - Need be 530/550
    Bull C. - Its nice if use feat class
    Shield T. - Decrease the cooldown to 10 sec
    Anvil oD- Decrease the cooldown to 16 sec
    Commander's S - Nice change
    Tremor - increase mag to 380
    Grifon's W - if change the animation I think will be great
    Onlaught - decrease cooldown to 14 sec

This way its not to be the best on moment but will have a good damage.
    Post edited by abdalonangel on

• zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I like the changes. Personally, I believe Fighter is not underpowered much, but it lacks build variety. To address this I suggest two changes:

Anvil of Doom: Decrease recharge by 1 second.
    Ricochet feat: (change) Shield Throw now deals up to 50% more damage based on how empty your Vengeance meter is. Shield throw also bounces off of up to 3 nearby enemies dealing 20% less damage each time it hits.
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User

Classfeats "Marathon Runner" - I would change. At the moment, this is present in fighter, barbarian and paladin. the problem with this mechanic is that it doesn't work in combat, but we make the character for combat. For example, if you go to Tower of the Mad Mage, we have a completely non-working ability throughout the adventure. Moving more quickly from one group of enemies to another is good, but it's clearly not what's needed . Most of the time we spend in battle, and much more than in the dashes between groups of enemies.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Heavy Slash - 175 its good

How are you guys getting 175?

The base damage of the attack is still 135 mag.

100*1.35*1.0425*1.004=141.300045

Ricochet feat: (change) Shield Throw now deals up to 50% more damage based on how empty your Vengeance meter is. Shield throw also bounces off of up to 3 nearby enemies dealing 20% less damage each time it hits.

Still inferior to Prepared Slam.
    hoverist said:

Classfeats "Marathon Runner" - I would change. At the moment, this is present in fighter, barbarian and paladin. the problem with this mechanic is that it doesn't work in combat, but we make the character for combat. For example, if you go to Tower of the Mad Mage, we have a completely non-working ability throughout the adventure. Moving more quickly from one group of enemies to another is good, but it's clearly not what's needed . Most of the time we spend in battle, and much more than in the dashes between groups of enemies.

Momentum is already a practically must slot passive.

• hiperion16#1663 hiperion16 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Not sure if this will be seen but here we go.

Tacticians Edge: Increase Combat Advantage Damage by 10% while stamina is full.This decreases as your stamina decreases.

This is pretty nice,but I would live to see an increase in crit severity like other DPS classes seem to get,and think this feature
    would be the best place to put it.

Tacticians Edge: Increase Combat Advantage Damage by 10% and Critical Severity by X% while stamina is full.This decreases as your stamina decreases.

Companion Slots...PLEASE give us more Offensive slots in Dreadnaught. I know it wouldn't be viable to get 3 offensive slots(though i really wish we could) 2 offensive slots would at least give us more options to balance offensive stats.

Heavy Slash...it currently has an animation of 1 second which is pretty long for an at-will attack,maybe this could be dropped to 0.7-0.8 seconds?

Shield Bash...The knockback on this can be pretty annoying,and with it being one of our three primary AOE abilities it can be super aggravating to our party mates. I think this effect should be changed to a prone/knockdown, or at least half the distance they fly.
  • abdalonangelabdalonangel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @rjc9000 I just cite the new magnitude that "hamsterhero99#6999" propose. But at preview still 135 mag, was my mistake sorry don't specify that. We have no difference in magnitude, except for Commander's 'till now. Thanks @rjc9000 I'll correct on the previous post.

• sirkichasirkicha Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Ok, here we go again...

The main problem is that GF has useless feats.
    Dreadnought:
    Greater endurance - looks ok, but effect decreases when stamina decrease. Why? GF's mechanic is seethe - convert stamina into venegance.
    Vigorous strike - meh, the same with stamina.
    Combat superiority - not bad, not ideal
    Shield talent - 2% stamina regeneration. OMG NERF PLZ ITS TOO OP!!111!
    Momentum - one and only good feat to use, which buff our encounter. Its ok.
    Heated Venegeance - honestly if this mechanic will be as our passive it will be very helpful for new GF dps players. But not as waste slot for feats.
    Steady Venegeance - useless af.
    Enduring venegeance - haha the best feat ever. I call him "no toilet", because you must still look at your venegeance bar (>50%). You can't go to toilet because if your bar drops below, you will not have 5%! (LOL) dmg boost. Awesome.

Why other classes has got for example 25% crit sev for free? Or better feats who buff dmg without stupid holding venegeance bar?

Vanguard:
    Ferocious reaction - 25 magnitude, hehe what an awesome source of dmg! Remove it please or change it for some kind battle cry who buff nearby allies.
    Steel recovery - 5%. Next joke. Elven battle gives xx% more than this useless. Remove or give next battle cry.
    Anvil of challange - FINALLY WE DID IT. GOOD FEAT OMG WHY WE HAVE 1 GOOD FEAT.
    Enduring warrior - 5% less dmg below 25% hp. Really? My tank has very high incoming to negate risk of being dead. But you nerf it, you nerf healers. AND YOU NERF TANKS. Because now we will receive less heal. How? Because in this game there are a lot of brainless dps who can only HEAL ME NOOB HEALER 0 HEALS OMG KICK HIM. Very, very sad changes for us.

Now skills:
    Shield slam - little troll skill, because sometimes when your tank hold mobs in 1 place, you can kill his job with 1 encounter. Maybe remove knockback will help and little increase magnitude.
    Knee breaker - ST useless, maybe on pvp, long cd, low magnitude
    Bull charge - ok for me
    Shield throw - on tank with feat - very good. On dps - useless af.
    Anvil of doom - thanks for buff. Its really helpful, I mean more magnitude and low venegeance consumed. Its ok.
    Commander's strike - tr's wicked reminder. FINALLY. We have less magnitude, longer cooldown on live server. WTF
    Tremor - good aoe, but maybe lower cd will help. From 15.3 to for example 12.
    ITF - its joke skill which can use only for e5 farming from PF. Maybe back to old ITF? I mean +% dmg and/or little temp hp scaling from power/hp for team (and remove it from dreadnaught to vanguard). Will be very good buff skill.
    Griffon's wrath - change animation, now is useless af. Only for training on dummies lol.
    Onslaught - very good aoe enc but cast time sometimes trolling. Little lower cd will be very, really very helpful.

Vanguard:
    Enforced threat - good top threat generator - maybe change effect will be helpful. I mean not awarness, maybe deflect? No idea.
    Knight's challange - like ferocious reaction.
    Linebreaker - not bad, maybe buff magnitude.
    Iron warrior - not bad, not good, sometimes it can help but too long cd.
    Knight's valor - I don't have any idea why we have this useless enc. Maybe if it will transfer threat from ALL nearby allies to us this enc will be good. But now? Remove.

Aaaaand...
    Features are kinda next joke level.
    Why combat balance need awarness to increase dmg reduction? Really? Who cap awarness...
    Deep breathing - oh c'mon. Stay on tab 12 sec and do nothing for 10 sec buff. Jeez.
    Perfect block vs sharpened senses - both useless.
    The truth is that Vanguard has 2 good features: shieldthrower and cleaving bull. Rest need rework.

Sorry for sarcasm, but GF needs some changes. Feats... Class features...
    Maybe change some useless feats, give some battle cry will help, I mean more useful. For example battle cry can give dmg reduction for party, dmg boost, or like old ITD, movement speed and temp hp. Pally has aura's. Sorry for mistakes, I wrote it fast, because I have too many thoughts about balance GF.
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    @sirkicha

How is Enforced Threat a “good top threat generator”?
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

@sirkicha

How is Enforced Threat a “good top threat generator”?

Threaten nearby enemies, placing yourself at the top of their threat list.
    > @sirkicha said:
    > (Quote)
    > Threaten nearby enemies, placing yourself at the top of their threat list.

If I were to write negative feedback with a sarcastic tone like yours, I would be sure that information in my post was 100% valid.
    Elite Whaleboy
    rjc9000 said:

Heavy Slash - 175 its good

How are you guys getting 175?

The base damage of the attack is still 135 mag.

100*1.35*1.0425*1.004=141.300045

Still inferior to Prepared Slam.
    hoverist said:

Looks like it was just in tooltip (which is 135 again now), oh well, would be nice though :)

As for other people complaining Fighter is the lowest DPS, I can out DPS a lot of people higher than my ilvl in Dungeons, the classes are balanced quite good at the moment. The only problem with Fighter is, Crit Severity is hard to come by compared to other classes.

Fighter vs Barbarian for example, 99% crit severity vs 125% crit severity with only 1 feat, that Fighter cannot get. This is some serious DPS difference end game, if you stack enough Power.

with 150K Power it's about 8K power vs 15% crit severity for the same DPS increase (which is choice of Guild Boons), where Barbarian can get Power and have higher Crit Severity..... We should have a feat that increases that too, not by that much maybe, since Fighters have higher hitting powers, but still.

Thanks
    wilbur626 said:

> @sirkicha said:

> (Quote)

If I were to write negative feedback with a sarcastic tone like yours, I would be sure that information in my post was 100% valid.

You're kinda right, those those who know the class very well would see the point.

@hamsterhero99#6999

Lol I can start complaing when I will compare dreadnought to other, more OP classes (hello tr's duelist flurry). Its not about out dps, sometimes I am 1st on redq/rtq as TANK. Did you play, hmm, for example tomm? Not? So maybe tic? Show me how you can out dps

good

geared (not item lvl, this is the stupid thing in this game) wizard or tr. You compare GF to GWF. Omg. Dude. Relentless slash with steel blitz and bilethorn. Press tab and look how sad are GF's at wills.
    And if you say that class are balanced, GG for you man. I can't wait when you show me how you can outdps endgame content.
  • fsf4livefsf4live Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Hello joebot.

Thanks for asking us for feedback about the changes. Thats a really good communication.

First of all, I really like the changes. The changes on Weight of Vengeance are awesome. The change on Commanders Strike ist also good, but I think that still nobody would use that skil. Bull Charge + Momentum is still much better then Commanders Strike. We need another senseful class feature to consider the use of Commanders Strike.

The problem is that we are in equal situation like the Barbarians in Mod 18. Our damage is pretty low compared to other classes like CW, HR or TR (not talkig about DC). But the Barbarian get a huge buff in Mod 19 and we get only these little changes. So I think we will be the worst DPS class in Mod 19 again. Please consider this.

One big problem are our class features. We have only two senseful class features: Momentum and Enduring Vengeance. The rest is not competetive. Combat Superiority sounds not that bad, but our At-Wills are really bad, so I would not have an influence. Something that would increase the damage of our encounter powers (after using At-Wills) would have a bigger impact. My suggestion is to rework our class feature Vigerous Strikes. No endgame players need more Critical Chance, because all have capped that stat. But Critical Severity would be nice. I could sound like: "Increase Critical Severity by 20% depending on the remaining stamina. This effect decreases, if stamina decreases." Also some completely new class features could be developped for the Dreadnought paragon.

Also our At-Wills are very weak. Lets compare to the barbarian again. Brash Strike now has a magnitude of 110 and a cast time of 0.65 seconds. Our Heavy Slash has a magnitude of 135 and a cast time of 1 second. Additionally Barbarians could use their At-Wills pretty fast in Battlerage. So their Brash Strike is much better than our Hevy Slash. It needs an increase to 160 magnitude. And their encounters are not that much weaker anymore.

An easy way to make us competitive could be to increase our damage buff Vengeful from 20% to 25% or 30%. In my opinion these two changes are good, but not enough. I hope you think off some more changes.
    sirkicha said:

wilbur626 said:

> @sirkicha said:

> (Quote)

You're kinda right, those those who know the class very well would see the point.

@hamsterhero99#6999

Lol I can start complaing when I will compare dreadnought to other, more OP classes (hello tr's duelist flurry). Its not about out dps, sometimes I am 1st on redq/rtq as TANK. Did you play, hmm, for example tomm? Not? So maybe tic? Show me how you can out dps

good

geared (not item lvl, this is the stupid thing in this game) wizard or tr. You compare GF to GWF. Omg. Dude. Relentless slash with steel blitz and bilethorn. Press tab and look how sad are GF's at wills.
    And if you say that class are balanced, GG for you man. I can't wait when you show me how you can outdps endgame content.
    Well, first of all, I don't need to show you anything. Secondly, I don't do RTQ/REQ anymore, so can't compare that at all. Fighters have harder hitting powers vs faster but weaker Barbarians, which evens out and besides, there will always be someone stronger around, so you can't be top DPS every single time (mind the exceptions for some people).

The fact is, Fighters are not last place every time and not the first place every time, which is balanced.
    As I do not see a reason to implement some of the changes you are proposing, I must not be among those that know the class very well.

Allow me to point out some of your comments that I think make no sense at all :

> @sirkicha said:
    > Vanguard:
    > Ferocious reaction - 25 magnitude, hehe what an awesome source of dmg! Remove it please or change it for some kind battle cry who buff nearby allies.
    > Steel recovery - 5%. Next joke. Elven battle gives xx% more than this useless. Remove or give next battle cry.
    >
    > Vanguard:
    > Enforced threat - good top threat generator - maybe change effect will be helpful. I mean not awarness, maybe deflect?
    > Linebreaker - not bad, maybe buff magnitude.
    > Iron warrior - not bad, not good, sometimes it can help but too long cd.
    > Knight's valor - I don't have any idea why we have this useless enc. Maybe if it will transfer threat from ALL nearby allies to us this enc will be good. But now? Remove.
    >
    > Features are kinda next joke level.
    > Why combat balance need awarness to increase dmg reduction? Really? Who cap awarness...
    > Deep breathing - oh c'mon. Stay on tab 12 sec and do nothing for 10 sec buff. Jeez.
    > Perfect block vs sharpened senses - both useless.

Ferocious Reaction: What if the dmg to mob on deflect was able to procc other effects? It can. Very strong feat.

Steel Recovery : Stamina generation that proccs on encounter activation is very strong for a class that has four encounters (some proccing the feat multiple times for skill duration)

Enforced Threat : Extremely strong encounter as it still has its M16 beta effect that reduces mob awareness to 0

Linebreaker : Our strongest AOE threat generator (magnitudex3,6x8). Asking for magnitude buff for this skill makes no sense at all.

Iron Warrior : Extremely strong encounter for builds not focused only on high HP/survivability.

Knights Valor : Multi procc encounter. Very good if used to procc in encounter cast effects.

Combat Balance : Free -% damage taken. You don’t have to cap awareness to make this extremely strong.

Sharpened Senses : Increases Bladed Rampart magnitude by 50 and negates mob combat advantage, making Bladed Rampart our best AOE daily.
    Elite Whaleboy
    i don't find linebreaker as a strong aoe threat generator, when i loose aggro it doeant give it back instatnly (my aggro barr is orange) rather athan linebreaker i find more usefull tide of iron andpersonally have problem to use knight's valor.
    it doeasn't help me keep aggro (strangely, but maybe in higer content is different do you use it in tomm or IC?) because in tong to me it doesn't help with strong player i have to use enforced threat, anvil of doom, shield trow. (on nomal and weaker player don't have any problem)
    @wilbur626

Ferocious Reaction: What if the dmg to mob on deflect was able to procc other effects? It can. Very strong feat. - What procc? Owlbear? Owlbear > energon on tank loadout in NW life, when you must have high hp?

Steel Recovery : Stamina generation that proccs on encounter activation is very strong for a class that has four encounters (some proccing the feat multiple times for skill duration) - I told it, 5% is not worth, even with 6sec shield throw cd. Elven is definetely better option to stamina regen + cc resistance.

Enforced Threat : Extremely strong encounter as it still has its M16 beta effect that reduces mob awareness to 0 - agree. But its better with feat. I prefer shield throw with low cd.

Linebreaker : Our strongest AOE threat generator (magnitudex3,6x8). Asking for magnitude buff for this skill makes no sense at all. - I don't use it, thats why I told about little buff magnitude. Maybe in your opinion this is the best aoe threat generator. Its your opinion, its ok.

Iron Warrior : Extremely strong encounter for builds not focused only on high HP/survivability. - extremely? I don't think so. Too long cd. Its not my fault that people ignore deff/crit avoid and deflect.

Knights Valor : Multi procc encounter. Very good if used to procc in encounter cast effects. - How many times did you use it? Look at endgame now. Trials. 10 people. You walking around 10 people to find who has the most threat?

Combat Balance : Free -% damage taken. You don’t have to cap awareness to make this extremely strong. - if you want better dmg resistance take frozen galeb duhr in deff slot. And of course you need to have awarness high than normal to make more % dmg reduction. Each 10k difference is 1% dmg reduction. And this feat work if you NOT block dmg. Try taking a number 5+ halaster's ball on tomm without tab mechanics. Kaboom!

Sharpened Senses : Increases Bladed Rampart magnitude by 50 and negates mob combat advantage, making Bladed Rampart our best AOE daily. - in your opinion. Eartshaker is nice stun, especially when you use frozen journal after this, long stun who can really help your dps. Second Wind is good option for survice, 20% hp is very nice buff. And finally Phalanx, which is good too (sick!) because it give dmg reduction for all party (hello tomm or even Trobriand in lomm).

I get your point, but you talk like you have typical hp bag build with 3 non-dmg encounters. Its ok, but dont forget tank can do dmg too. Especially now, when we can, and we should help dps. Why do you talk about procc dmg? In theory all looks good what you describe. But most of us are tanks. Maybe I don't know something, so c'mon, explain me. I really love to discussion with good arguments.

@xander
    I use bull charge with feat, shield throw with feat and anvil of doom with class feat. And like you, if I have problem with aggro (for example new tank on tomm) I take enforced threat. But 99% increase power really help to take aggro. My rotation: bull -> marking bronzewood ench with shield throw as many targets as I can, anvil for other and buffed from bull's feat cleave. It really works. And I use elven battle for stamina regen and anti cc.
    @sirkicha

There are other proccs than owlbear in the game.

Elven battle is an armor enchant, Steel Recovery is a feat. Replacing a feat based on how an armor enchant works = limiting players choice even more. Not all Fighter tanks want to/ can run Elven Battle.

The Enforced Threat feat has not been working since M16 launch.

Whether you use Linebreaker or not, this is the Fighter AOE encounter that generates the most threat. Simple math posted in my original reply.

You obviously have no idea how Iron Warrior works.

You obviously have no idea how Knights Valor works.

Your combat balance math is wrong.

I don’t know what a “hp bag build 3 non-dmg encounters” build is.

I didn’t not mention procc dmg once.
    Elite Whaleboy
    @wilbur626

Nice "you obviously have no idea" explanations. Typcial. I want arguments from you. Which armor enchant is better? And why?
    Maybe show me your super ultra hiper working build with this overpowered feats and encounters. Because now you didn't show me any argument.

"There are other proccs than owlbear in the game." tenebrous? Thundehead etc? Wow. Useful lvl 100. If you like low magnitude proc use dread enchantment. Dude what is wrong with you. I still talk about endgame, no LoL or VT which I can do for fun.

You have your build, I have my build. I can do easily end-game content with my build. Its balanced tough and dmg. And you know what? People likes to play with me. Dps because I can hold aggro and I have a lot of buff/debuffs, and healers, because I don't get one-shotted and my incoming is high. So please, next time give ANY argument because I don't play GF for 1 month. Thanks.
    wilbur626 said:

Enforced Threat : Extremely strong encounter as it still has its M16 beta effect that reduces mob awareness to 0

That, er, "feature" with Enforced Threat was actually fixed as far as I checked yesterday.

i don't find linebreaker as a strong aoe threat generator, when i loose aggro it doeant give it back instatnly (my aggro barr is orange) rather athan linebreaker i find more usefull tide of iron andpersonally have problem to use knight's valor.
    it doeasn't help me keep aggro (strangely, but maybe in higer content is different do you use it in tomm or IC?) because in tong to me it doesn't help with strong player i have to use enforced threat, anvil of doom, shield trow. (on nomal and weaker player don't have any problem)

That is a problem with your aggro generation in general and selecting the right powers. You are over-reliant on hard taunts to instantly get aggro rather than using powers with bonus aggro generation to build up aggro on mobs.

Try Bull Charge+Cleaving Bull, throw in some Cleaves, throwing in Linebreaker on bunched up enemies and applying Enforced Threat as needed.

As for single target aggro, try shield canceling Threatening Rush to quickly build aggro on a boss. Use Shield Throw+Shield Thrower whenever possible and apply a hard taunt as needed if someone steals your aggro. You should have 1 encounter left to swap for the situation.
    wilbur626 said:

Your combat balance math is wrong.

Wait, did you find out how Combat Balance calculates?
    Because I got a bit of data yesterday, but the actual formula eludes me.

It would be really nice if joebot could just post the formula for Combat Balance (and for Critical Deflection and for Crushing Blows) so people like me don't go insane trying to figure out the formula.

@sirkicha

I have never claimed to have a “hiper working build with overpowered feats and encounters”.

You are asking for changes/removal of powers/feats you do not know basic functions of.

I stated that replacing a feat based on the effects on an armor enchant makes no sense. This does not mean there are better/worse enchants than elven battle.

You want discussion, but present incoherent ramblings.
    Elite Whaleboy
    rjc9000 said:

That is a problem with your aggro generation in general and selecting the right powers. You are over-reliant on hard taunts to instantly get aggro rather than using powers with bonus aggro generation to build up aggro on mobs.

Try Bull Charge+Cleaving Bull, throw in some Cleaves, throwing in Linebreaker on bunched up enemies and applying Enforced Threat as needed.

As for single target aggro, try shield canceling Threatening Rush to quickly build aggro on a boss. Use Shield Throw+Shield Thrower whenever possible and apply a hard taunt as needed if someone steals your aggro. You should have 1 encounter left to swap for the situation.

well enforced threat never leave the slot, usually i go with shield throw (whith shieldthrower), bull charge then retaliate, enforced threat and cleave, reuse of bull charge and cleave in combat to keep threat, spamming always retaliate and shield trow.
    usually can keep aggro, never tried end-game content, and i loose it with some serious dps (happend in tong somewhow even in malabog.. (need hard taunt))
    just tried shield cancelling threatening rush... how do you do it? i mean click with the mouse to use threatening ruch, and shif to cancel, but it change power with the set for when the shield is up.. do you have a video of that? i heard a lot of animation canceling, but save for thrist never done it (or understood how to do it)
    @xander#0631

Hold rush button, tap shift. Practice timing.
    Elite Whaleboy
    rjc9000 said:

hoverist said:

I don't quite understand you, I'm talking about the class feature of the three classes - a marathon Runner. and that it is not used in any form in combat.

hoverist said:

I don't quite understand you, I'm talking about the class feature of the three classes - a marathon Runner. and that it is not used in any form in combat.

You have a problem with Marathon Runner because it doesn't work in combat.

We already have run speed covered more than adequately with Momentum.

So, yes, you could buff Marathon Runner to work in combat, but getting it to work in combat is not going to change much when Momentum does the same thing and is already a must slot.

rjc9000 said:

hoverist said:

You have a problem with Marathon Runner because it doesn't work in combat.

We already have run speed covered more than adequately with Momentum.

So, yes, you could buff Marathon Runner to work in combat, but getting it to work in combat is not going to change much when Momentum does the same thing and is already a must slot.
    this passive skill is not in the vanguard. and I speak in General for 3 classes where there is this skill. the presence of momentum in a Dreadnought does not justify the presence of an inactive ability in combat for the rest.