test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19: Warlock Feedback

joebot#9387 joebot Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
Good day all! This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the changes made to the Warlock in Module 19. If you would like to view and post about the changes made to Soulweaver Warlock, please see the Official M19: Healing Adjustments thread.

Along with the changes in the M18 Class Balance Adjustments thread, we continue to make adjustments to improve the performance of our classes. It is important to note that while we continue to tune the function and numbers of powers, what you see on preview can sometimes change before launch. However, you know your class best so we wanted to get your hands on these changes as soon as possible.

Encounters
  • Infernal Spheres: Summon six infernal spheres that seek out and cause fire damage to those who attack you. While the spheres are active, activating this power again sends them out to enemies in front of you, dealing damage. Magnitude decreases as the number of targets increases.
    • Magnitude: 50 per sphere
    • Added Effect: Increases your damage by 5%
    • Duration: 10s
    • Additional Action: Seeking Spheres
    • Magnitude: 350
Feats
  • Double Scorch: Soul Scorch deals an additional 9 magnitude damage per Soul Spark spent.
  • Power of the Nine Hells: Grants your encounters powers without Curse Synergy or Curse Consume the ability to summon a Soul Puppet.
  • Creeping Death: Will now be able to deal critical damage.

As always, thank you for taking the time to check things out on preview, we look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: Infernal Spheres does not summon the spheres when cast.

Comments

• khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User

I was test the warlock with bilethorn enchantment and i got these bugs:
    -blades of vanquished armies doesn't procs the weapon enchantment (5% damage as poison damage and 40 magnitude of weapon damage).
    -Brood of Hadar doesn't procs the 5% bonus damage as poison damage of the bilethorn enchantment.
    -Each soul spark give 0,25% increase damage instead 0,15% as shown in the tooltip.
  • necromanceheronecromancehero Member Posts: 26 Arc User
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Infernal spheres keeps bugging for me, it happens that when you cast it oftenly in goes into a permanent activated mode and will keep on like that until the end of the fight
    Much appreciated the rework of is and power of the nine hells
  • jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Infernal spheres is still a pointless skill.

Why oh why must blades of vanquished armies be a cast on other players too :( a lot of dmg came for me from them and not if I'm accidentally targeting someone it goes on them instead. Please revert it!

And 0.25% down to 0.15%? You trying to kill the warlock or something? Bloody ridiculous!
  • giz#2086 giz Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    I don't like the new Blades of Vanquished Armies, i don't like the fact of turn this encounter into a party member or party support damage resistance buff. I want this power and other powers from Hellbringer paragon and shared powers for personal damage only. Leave the support stuff for our support paragon (Soulweaver) Blades is part of our AoE rotation. All this changes give us a good buff to our damage but if we compare the buffs to other DPS classes, we still behind in damage.
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer

I was test the warlock with bilethorn enchantment and i got these bugs:
    -blades of vanquished armies doesn't procs the weapon enchantment (5% damage as poison damage and 40 magnitude of weapon damage).
    -Brood of Hadar doesn't procs the 5% bonus damage as poison damage of the bilethorn enchantment.
    -Each soul spark give 0,25% increase damage instead 0,15% as shown in the tooltip.

Thank you for your reports!

Infernal spheres keeps bugging for me, it happens that when you cast it oftenly in goes into a permanent activated mode and will keep on like that until the end of the fight
    Much appreciated the rework of is and power of the nine hells

I am currently not seeing this result on internal builds. Do you have more information/a video of the occurrence of this issue? Thank you for the report
    Miku V.
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    A more comprehensive list of the changes/fixes would be appreciated...….how are we supposed to give decent feedback when we have to hunt/work out changes for ourselves

BOVA got a complete rework and its not even mentioned in your list.
    FEEDBACK

Power of the Nine Hells.

By itself, this is a ok change, but all it does is help increase the speed of getting stacks, it doesnt effect damage at all, or prevent stacks falling off during phase changes, or while getting frozen in Ice in ToMM.

Risky investment is, about a 10% damage increase at 5 stacks. so while getting the stacks faster is nice, its not great, since the only viable encounter now to use during Single target is Killing flames, so instead of 50-60 seconds to stack, its now only going to be 25-30seconds.

During AoE/trash its much more efficient to just slot Dark Prayers instead, which doesnt need a respec, and does the job alot better.

So in short, we now have the option to build up to a 10% damage increase in half the time, (30seconds), but still lose them at every transition.
    OR

take Double Scorch, which is effectively a 9-10% damage increase, is passive, so ALWAYS available, AND still take risky investment a gain a potential 10% with the current drawbacks on live.

Essentially its another "None choice"
  • dlynn334dlynn334 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Bat swarm - Color darkens when summoning this mount now - Was this change intended ?

Infernal Spheres - Not working properly with Power of the Nine Hells
    Feedback - Right now you are holding onto spheres for the intial 5% damage increase. Would it be possible to have an initial hit when first activating this ability ?
    If we do not get hit during the 10 second duration we are not utilizing any of the 5% damage increase for the generated orbs. We would simply have to count and wait until 1 second to release the orbs.
    I would rather utilize higher magnitude encounters during this time period.
    for example activate spheres --> 10 second timer starts --> orb hit --> 6 spheres now available.-->use other encounters --> timer ends
    Post edited by dlynn334 on
    Its still lockdown, and server maintenance.... maybe ill tackle encounters daily powers next...….. :s coz i got lots to say, and this one sided converstaion is actually kind of theraputic :p
  • dlynn334dlynn334 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

Its still lockdown, and server maintenance.... maybe ill tackle encounters daily powers next...….. :s coz i got lots to say, and this one sided converstaion is actually kind of theraputic :p

If it makes you feel any better I've been following along lol
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Feedback: For infernal spheres, all I've ever wanted from this encounter is a low cooldown aoe at max damage from all the spheres going off at once. So things like seeking spheres and a buff that increases the cd are not only of no interest to me - they actually make it less desirable. If we're going to get a buff from having them up, I don't think that buff should increase the cooldown because as long as we have them up, we're foregoing an encounter. If anything, the longer we have them up, the shorter the cooldown should be after they've been expended. And the buff should last as long as the spheres are up.

I think a class feature that determines or enhances the behavior of powers like Spheres and BoVA would be welcome. It could replace Dust to Dust.

And while this class is under the knife, can we please talk about Dust to Dust? I cannot express how much I resent, resent, resent this feature. That +5% should be a part of the class. Instead, it reduces the number of available class feature slots to one. It's literally a non-choice that denies us a choice.

And while we're talking about class features, can we please exchange class features that boost capped stats for features that actually serve to enhance playstyle? For example, I enjoy utilizing the control aspects of the various classes such as the prone effect of Arms - anything that enhances those effects or makes them actually viable against boss or lieutenant types would be very welcome.
  • chaostyleramicichaostyleramici Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Feedback: I prefer the old blades of vanquished armies, maybe can increase magnitude per blades
    Feedback: Brood of hadar increases damage for 1000 magnitude in the first hit and continue the same damage in description after
    Bug: Each soul spark give 0,25% increase damage instead 0,15% as shown in the tooltip
    Bug: Blades of vanquished armies not generate soul sparks

Blades does generate sparks, same as it always did, but only on critical hits, same with every encounter.
    The difference is now blades only ticks 3 times, instead if 11 ( 13 against cursed targets ) and if the first tick is a crit, they all are. where as on live, each individual tick has a separate crit roll.

How blades works in live, 25mag per blade, lasts 6 seconds, damage starts after 0.5seconds for 11 ticks. 275magnitude total.
    Curse synergy, throws a blade out at cursed targets every 3 seconds, 2 addition blades, for 325 magnitude total.

How it works on preview, 100 magnitude per blade, lasts 6 seconds, damage starts immediately, and ticks every 3 seconds. 300 magnitude total. Curse synergy increases damage by 50%, for 450magnitude total.

So in reality the extra damage is coming entirely from the new curse synergy, the blade damage is the same, If it was reverted back to 0.5 seconds per blade, but it still started immediately, there would be 12 ticks, and blade damage would remain at 25magnitude each.

As long as the curse synergy stays the same as a 50% increase, I don't care what the tick rate is personally.
  • adener#6557 adener Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Feedback: I prefer the old Blades of Vanquished armies, maybe can increase magnitude per Blades.
    Feedback: Brood of Hadar increases damage for 1000 magnitude in the first hit and continue the same damage in description after.
    Bug: Each soul spark give 0,25% increase damage instead 0,15% as shown in the tooltip.
    Bug: Blades of vanquished armies not generate soul sparks.
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Soulweaver BUG:

After marking a player, holding down the TAB mechanic causes the spark pet to randomly switch from healing the target to healing the warlock itself.

Soulweaver FEEDBACK
    • The "Soul Pact" daily healing magnitude is too low. Especially considering it's comparable to an at-will's magnitude. Yes, the at-will is single target, this daily is AoE but since it is a daily and cannot be spammed it should worth for more healing also. I would suggest 800-1000 magnitude rework.
    • The "Pillar of Power" encounter cooldown is too big. The effect lasts for 10s and the current cooldown should not be more than 20s. I would suggest 18s, similar to live.
    • The option to cleanse negative effective is now gone. It used to be on Warlock's Bargain but it's no longer available. Please add it back and please make sure you add it on an encounter without time cooldown like Warlock's Bargain.
    • The "Souleater" class feature seems to be pointless. The little magnitude won't help with anything. I suggest to rework it to focus on healing in some aspect, rather than dealing damage.
    • The "Essence of Time" feat requires the player to do nothing in order to benefit from the increased soulweave regeneration. At maximum efficiency it requires the warlock to do nothing (no heal at all) for 12 seconds! It's too much. Actually in my opinion the feat should be entirely reworked because, I'm sorry, it sounds like a terrible choice. Same applies for clerics and paladins who have similar feats.
    • The "Soultheft" feat has its cooldown too high. Please reduce it from 10s to 6s.
    • The "Oversoul" feat which increases damage by 10% is pointless. Soulweaver is such a weak damage dealer it doesn't need such buffs. Please rework it. My recommendation would be to aid AoE healing in large groups. oversoul). For instance: Whenever you're healing more than 5 targets, the magnitude increases by 30 for every target to a maximum of 5 times.
    Post edited by vasile1991 on

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    ...this is making me tense

Anytime the warlock gets pulled into the garage for repairs, I start feeling anxious.
  • usmanazeem#8526 usmanazeem Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    jonchilly said:

Infernal spheres is still a pointless skill.

Why oh why must blades of vanquished armies be a cast on other players too :( a lot of dmg came for me from them and not if I'm accidentally targeting someone it goes on them instead. Please revert it!

And 0.25% down to 0.15%? You trying to kill the warlock or something? Bloody ridiculous!

It is now much more useful if you use it smartly,such as playing ranged dps while putting this on tank to give him DR and let him do your damage
    FEEDBACK:Please make Blades of VA proc atleast every 1 second or we lose alot of bilethorn damage as in mod 18 it procs every 0.5 seconds,3 procs only during 6 seconds makes it VERY HARD to use in AoE situations and we lose some damage due to not proccing bilethorn enchant which is important
  • burnthedead#7732 burnthedead Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    The Grung pet was important for SW dps. Nerfing the little guy from 40 magnitude to 10 is just bullying.
    Krammit the Frog hates you now.
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2020

Soulweaver BUG:

After marking a player, holding down the TAB mechanic causes the spark pet to randomly switch from healing the target to healing the warlock itself.

Are you using the Swift Command Class Feature? There's currently a known issue on this on internal builds.

Post edited by cryptic39#8917 on
    Miku V.
    edited May 2020
    Feedback

Changes wishlist

1) Soul Scorch needs to generate AP, 1AP per spark spent will make a big difference, and is the same as it would give as a 1 second cast time encounter

2) Remove the split AoE penalty from Fiery Bolt, and increase to 250 magnitude, this encounter is still a joke right now. its a glorified Curse stacker

3) Either fix the Split damage on Tyrannical Curse, or remove it and make this a pure single target daily by upping the magnitude. we already got 4 other dailies that deal AOE. Sure the split damage is iconic... but it doesn't work properly anyway and hasn't for 18 months

4) Increase the diameter of Hellfire Ring by 5' and up its damage to 150 initial, 240 DoT

5) remove the 2 charges from Curse Bite, give it a proper cooldown we can reduce with SSR/WS, and up its damage to 325 to compensate a bit. This will work out much better for the majority of fights.

6) Increase Hadars Grasp to 250magnitude and reduce the CD by 3 seconds

7) Increase the DoT damage from hellish rebuke to 15magnitude, and increase the damage bonus of No Pity No Mercy to 33% to match

8) Give BovA faster ticks, keep the new design the same.

9) Look at Power of the Nine Hells, Parting Blasphemy and Soul Desecration again. I think I did a pretty good job in a previous post highlighting just how poor they are in relation to their counter Feats right now.
    They don't have to be the same damage output, but they have to be an appealing choice and close enough in performance to each other. and that doesn't mean GIMMICKY.

dreadtheft and arms of hadar need a total rework, they are both extremely bad, its better to just use at wills, which is sad, I don't expect this to be done any time soon but it has to be done eventually.
    Post edited by tempus86#1158 on
    I don't think anything there many will disagree with. except maybe the cursebite thing i dunno :p not asking for the moon, i just want builds to be more flexible, its sad seeing everyone using the same stuff because they got no choice if they actually wanna do well