test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Antiquities scholar MOD 18 issue

yweth#7277 yweth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hello everyone

I wanted to describe an issue related with antiquites scholar at MOD 18. As everyone knows or majority knows, at MOD 16 antiquites scholar give us an option to change our old enchantments for other because of their changes. I come back recently to neverwinter because i finally get a time to dip in Forgotten Realms world again but unfortunately this option is not available now. To be honest for me it's like starting from beginning because my old enchantments prices went horribly down and i can't just sell it and exchange so it will be like another two months just to swap enchantments that was reworked. I feel like it's not should be like that because there are a lot of players like me who want to back to neverwinter and they didn't know about reworks and if they comeback they will feel like as if they had to start over.
I create this thread after talking with GM Cyrelm, and GM Zildross and they told me creating a forum thread would solve this issue.

PS. Really sorry if i made any grammar mistakes

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They made it clear when they instituted it that it would be a limited time option.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • yweth#7277 yweth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well how players who didn't play and didn't read the news and just come back to game should know that? I just think it will be a good option for these who wanted to come back. Don't you think?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Wait until next mod and you can buy r15 enchants from the trade bar store.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Well how players who didn't play and didn't read the news and just come back to game should know that? I just think it will be a good option for these who wanted to come back. Don't you think?

1. You never know what the 'best' enchantment in the coming mods will be. What you have could be good in the future.
    2. What you got from exchange would be bound. That is you cannot even sell it for a couple AD if the current best is not the best in the next mod.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    I honestly think the full Antiquities Exchange should be available for 1 week at the release of each Module to allow any slight adjustments people want to do to their enchantments.

The received enchants are BtA so it doesn't destroy the economy with resales of better enchants and it allows returning players to catch up slightly which aids retention.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I am not against you getting your items exchanged, but module 16 was over a year ago. I don't know how the Antiquities Scholar mechanics would be bothered by allowing obsolete items to be exchanged for BtA. Maybe they have a reason for it. I can only speculate.

I assume the best reason was, they made this offer on launch, if you failed to show up, you just missed out. Otherwise players could ask for another shot at promotional items as well. For example; When they launched modules, they often offer Zen Charge promotions, and it would cheapen them by allowing a promo to return to the game or be offered by other means. Players who get these items, might feel cheated by the items being offered in regular game play at a later date.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • hiwatarii#5024 hiwatarii Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    it will be a good idea to add change enchants 1 time of the year. If its true and you can bought 15r enchants for trade bars it sounds great
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2020

it will be a good idea to add change enchants 1 time of the year. If its true and you can bought 15r enchants for trade bars it sounds great

They are a bit expensive, though....1000 bars for a R15.

Hoping for improvements...
  • yweth#7277 yweth Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    adinosii said:

They are a bit expensive, though....1000 bars for a R15.

I don't really need enchantment like this, I was talking about weapon and armor echantments. I have feytouched enchantment rank 12 and now it's really, really bad and changing for another is like 6mln AD waste. That's why this is a bit sad for me.