test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M19 Rewards

This thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the new M19 Rewards. Some of the major updates include:

New Equipment Sets (There's a few!)
Rare Seal Armor Set (How many? more than one!)
New Campaign Store (Should only be one of those...)
And more (Surely!)

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback.

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please adhere to the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:

Bug: The Hellfire Engine set bonus doesn't stop increasing my movement speed after every stack of the buff, resulting in me becoming the Flash after a few encounters.

Feedback: When activating the artifact, it is unclear which buff is active.
-Neverwinter Systems Designer

Comments

• sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I'm sure everyone is going to post about how all loot is horrible so I will start with a super important issue. ;)

GreenMount: 3 hits in 5 sec, 50% mount speed
    Blue Mount: 4 hits in 5 sec, 80% mount speed
    Epic Mount: 5 hits in 5 sec, 110% mount speed
    Legg Mount: 6 hits in 5 sec, 140% mount speed

Extrapolating the current data I expected:
    Myth Mount: 7 hits in 5 sec, 170% mount speed

what I actually got was:
    Myth Mount: 6 hits in 5 sec, 140% mount speed

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    I haven't really looked at every single one of the gear but i did go through most of them a few days ago. All i can say is that if you want new content to be attractive to players, there have to be incentives. There has to be atleast 1 or 2 new gear thats worth farming and for this to happen they need to be better than the old gear.

With that im not saying we should recycle mod18 gear, but something that rivals the previous "bis" gear would be nice. For example the mod16 ebony armor is still best and from what i saw, it will remain best for the coming mod if nothing is changed.

Also like several ppl already pointed out, the new trial needs other attractive loot. The weapon alone wont be enough to keep players running it and this will certainly make grouping tougher cause once ppl get their weapons, its more likely they'll stop doing it and farm something more profitable.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    In the tradebar store we can now buy bonding runestones, and most enchants. However, we cannot buy other runestones (Empowered etc). This seems a somewhat poinless omission - an oversight perhaps? Why not add those as well?

Hoping for improvements...
    There is a lot of IL 1230/1240/1250 armor pieces in the collection tab. Hoewever, they are all listed as having a type "Feet".

As I mentioned above, there is a lot of head/armor/arm/feet pieces in the collection in the "Antiquities of Avernus" section. However, there is one annoyance, which is that the same Equip bonuses are used over and over, which really reduces the players flexibility. Here is one example:

This piece gives the "Critical Fail" equip bonus, but the same is true for two other armor pieces - you really should offer more variety.

Here are the problems:

Head: 2 pieces give Executioner's Pursuit
    Armor: 3 Pieces give Critical Fail
    Arms: 3 Pieces give Death Defier's Might
    Feet: 2 Pieces Give Brute's Might

You have plenty of other viable armor bonuses - why not set things up so that you do not use the same more than once for each new set of pieces. I know the item stats are different, but we can work around that, with companion gear, enchants and so on. What we cannot work around is when we basically feel like we have no choice as all the gear is basically the same.

The equip bonues do not have to be BiS all the time, but please, please give us something to make us feel we are making a meaningful choice.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    It seems to me that M19 is a good opportunity to make players feel good about gaining access to the highest ilvl equipment again. With the Ebony chest pieces getting the nerfbat, can we make at least a few of the newer options good enough that we aren't just digging for ilvl 1000 Seer chest pieces that are randomly awarded by Zok from M16 content?

Let's please not have a repeat of the Demogorgon fiasco, where really old equipment remains BiS for years. Even worse when the equipment is obtainable only by highly random chance, Bind on Pickup to Account, and can be acquired exclusively from previous content that serves few other purposes.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Even classes (like the one featured in the above screenshot) that can spam encounters would be hard pressed to do 10 encounters/dailies in 15 seconds, and if they manage to, they would hardly be able to take advantage of the additional 5% damage bonus due to low divinity. It really should be a bonus that is attainable.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    arazith07 said:

Even classes (like the one featured in the above screenshot) that can spam encounters would be hard pressed to do 10 encounters/dailies in 15 seconds, and if they manage to, they would hardly be able to take advantage of the additional 5% damage bonus due to low divinity. It really should be a bonus that is attainable.

I think the stacks of Divine Charged are probably "refreshed" each time you use an encounter/daily. So you probably don't need to use 10 encounters/dailies in 15 seconds, but you can't stay more than 15 seconds without using an encounter/daily. Still, you would need to be able to cast them in 30 seconds to make the bonus stack. Also, some classes will be able to stack it way faster than others. This should be reworked IMO.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    Why did the Infernal equipment set get an upgrade with + 1% bonus damage vs devils and the Lion equipment set does not? It is somewhat contradictory, since many have spent time and resources to acquire the pieces of the Lion set, while those of the Infernal set are easily acquired with the seals.
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    there is an helmet that give tou 7500% of you power if you have 25% or less hp, the only thing i'd like is to not be nerfed (the 7500%) it seems wonderful to use as a joke item, think of a blooletter+bloodspiller whit that bonus....i'd love to try it.
    i don't think this will be a desideerable item, no one can play with only 25% hp, but if the thing concern you i'd advise to not decrease the increase in power but decrease the threshold of hp (maybe to 10%), so that ppl will not use it in dungeon, but in adventuring.

@admiralwarlord#3792 thi is only my personal speculation but in the map (in the citadel, it's a speculation because i still didn't reach that far) we have a 'celestial forge' and a 'celestial smith' and the promise from the dev of 'linear equipment'; i think they did this like the old black ice forge, you take equipment to the forge and with specific item for each boost, you upgrade them, i may be wrong but something like this shoould be doable even on lion eqip.
    reality is what most recognize as true
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I would say: gove us more variety. Celestial weapons for example are bad if they are the only option available. An Hunter Ranger or an Arbiter using Perfect Balance will love them. Rogues way less. Instead of dumbing the current version down, offer a second version for classes that use at-wills more, and possibly offer a tank version too (as the current covers healing). DPS is not the end of it all.

By the way: artifact modification giving 10% extra crit severity is giving 7.5% (this is true for all weapons I checked). Please fix it.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The loot appears to be poor at this time minus one or two items. The new high level weapon set needs a better bonus which will benefit all classes.
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User

I'm sure everyone is going to post about how all loot is horrible so I will start with a super important issue. ;)

what I actually got was:

I think they said some time ago something about not being able to increase mount speed because the game runs on a old engine and it would decrease the performance and that's why mythic mounts weren't coming, but eh what do i know
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Feedback new companion gear (1100 ilvl)

I am disappointed that there is only new single-stat companion gear.
    At the moment (on live) multi-stat companion gear is the best pick for most classes because the 30k stats you get from a single-stat gearpiece (with augment companion and bondings) exceeds the stat cap most of the time. The closest you can get to your caps is with the mixed stat versions so you waste as less stats as possible.

On the other hand getting companion gear is pure RNG on live server at the moment. I would love a way to farm companion gear without wasting hundreds of hours because of bad RNG.

Will the new companion gear be RNG again?
    Post edited by hastati96 on
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Crown of the Pit Fiend says it increases power by 7500%. It sounds a bit much imo :o

Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    rev#7881 said:

what I actually got was:

I think they said some time ago something about not being able to increase mount speed because the game runs on a old engine and it would decrease the performance and that's why mythic mounts weren't coming, but eh what do i know
    would not have Impact on x hits in 5 sec., or … so at least here one would expect 7 hits in 5 sec ;-)

Nix*
  • nevernixnevernix Member Posts: 25 Arc User

Along with this mod, more companion equipment should be introduced (much more).

Mod 17 provided many variants of companion gear, in those days it was compatible with the best IL weapon set (1010).
    The new mod introduces only 1100 IL equipment, which is a bit low. Mod 18 gave 1200-1250 IL equipment, and now one mod later we get companion gear with a lower IL than mod 18.

Companion equipment should have at least 1200 IL. Additionally there should be a 1300 IL version from Zariel trial.

IL should fit to difficulty (to obatin) … just new MOD is no argument. More important than IL would be anternatives with sencefull bonus combinations for classes, e.g. rings tanks and healer … i personaly (GS 26,4k) do not Need higher IL, I need stuff, that fits to my role (tank) and allows me to close the gap (to the caps) on several stats. in priciple, i allready could have IL over 27k, but without any avantage .. either stats are just over the cap (so wasted points) or just more HP …(wich would be for me - 700k HP - only in 1% of my playing time relevant - so de facto not relevant)

Nix*
    (tank, lvl 80, GS 26,4k)
  • viraaalviraaal Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Trial Rewards Feedback:

I was going to wait to give feedback on the loot after it has been added, however the general thoughts of the players is that the loot is already in. This is a big problem that needs feedback.

As far as I can see the trial has a new artifact 3 set, the new item to buy the weapons, and ToMM rings. If this loot is final, how I see people running this trial is they will run to get their weapons, and then never run it again, the ToMM rings will be a nice bonus while getting the weapons, and nothing more. The auction house is already over saturated with ToMM rings, adding them to this loot pool isnt going to help. If someone wants to farm for these rings, they will do it in ToMM, especially with increased weapon damage and no buffs to ToMM this will be farmed much more.

The ideas for rewards are endless, I dont want more rings, I would prefer more original ideas to rewards in ways which are new and refreshing.

The way how I would like rewards to be done is in 2 ways.

1) Give us unbound items we can sell and trade so if we dont get the items we want we can buy them from the auction house.
    2) Similar to how the ToMM weapon currency (Lost Scrolls of the Void), make us be able to dismantle our newly acquired Zariel ToMM-tier rings for 1 Ring Shard (example name) and be able to trade 20 of these items in for the rings we want. I personally think this is the best way of doing bound loot.

I also think having current ToMM rings in Zariel is a bad idea, as this means they come from even more sources. Most likely when zariel goes live people will farm it, this means there will be less people doing ToMM. If those rings are removed from dropping from Zariel in favor for something new, that market should come up a little bit, which I think is a good thing, giving more incentive for people to want to run older content.
  • rhroudadev#5641 rhroudadev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 12 Cryptic Developer
    adinosii said:

About the Celestioal weapon set bonus.

I have a big, big problem with it. The issue is not that the stats are bad (they are great), or that it is too hard to obtain (it is probably fair enough, as is suitable for the highest stat weapon in the game). The reason I have a problem is that the set bonus is so blatantly unfair.

If the set bonus was just plain bad, that would be OK - we have seen that before, and that's fine - or at least something people can live with, but the issue is that the set bonus is so biased.....it is OK for some classes, but utterly useless for others, simply due to the fact that different classes have very different abilities to spam encounters.

As this is the only weapon set of this IL, players don't really have a choice - they cannot go after a different equally-high IL set, with a different bonus that suits their class better. The Celestial set favours classes that can spam encounters, while some other classes will not benefit from the bonus at all. To make it clear - I am very unhappy with this bonus - it looks like it was designed by someone who doesn't know the game, and certainly does not play all classes - I consider this a fiasco and an example of why it would have been good to get some player input at an earlier stage and actually LISTEN to that input.

This item is not "fair" in any sense.

The stack duration should refresh after each Encounter use. So if you have 2 stacks with 7 seconds of duration left, then use an Encounter power, you should have 3 stacks with 15 seconds of duration left. Did you test the item and this functionality was broken?
  • rhroudadev#5641 rhroudadev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 12 Cryptic Developer
    rev#7881 said:

what I actually got was:

Modern consoles can't render fast enough. Basically you have a problem of sight-lines and visibility, and being able to load, store, and display that information takes a lot of memory and processing power. You can sacrifice frame-rate to help, but that's not a good sacrifice to ask of the player, so the alternative is to limit movement speed or modify level design. Being that a lot of NW is open areas with large vistas, the logical conclusion is to try and limit movement speed.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

adinosii said:

I have a big, big problem with it. The issue is not that the stats are bad (they are great), or that it is too hard to obtain (it is probably fair enough, as is suitable for the highest stat weapon in the game). The reason I have a problem is that the set bonus is so blatantly unfair.

If the set bonus was just plain bad, that would be OK - we have seen that before, and that's fine - or at least something people can live with, but the issue is that the set bonus is so biased.....it is OK for some classes, but utterly useless for others, simply due to the fact that different classes have very different abilities to spam encounters.

As this is the only weapon set of this IL, players don't really have a choice - they cannot go after a different equally-high IL set, with a different bonus that suits their class better. The Celestial set favours classes that can spam encounters, while some other classes will not benefit from the bonus at all. To make it clear - I am very unhappy with this bonus - it looks like it was designed by someone who doesn't know the game, and certainly does not play all classes - I consider this a fiasco and an example of why it would have been good to get some player input at an earlier stage and actually LISTEN to that input.

The stack duration should refresh after each Encounter use. So if you have 2 stacks with 7 seconds of duration left, then use an Encounter power, you should have 3 stacks with 15 seconds of duration left. Did you test the item and this functionality was broken?
    How can we test the weapons without getting the item from the trial?
  • sephiz#1200 sephiz Member Posts: 47 Arc User

Modern consoles can't render fast enough. Basically you have a problem of sight-lines and visibility, and being able to load, store, and display that information takes a lot of memory and processing power. You can sacrifice frame-rate to help, but that's not a good sacrifice to ask of the player, so the alternative is to limit movement speed or modify level design. Being that a lot of NW is open areas with large vistas, the logical conclusion is to try and limit movement speed.

I have seen 240%+ movement players currently darting around consoles that outrun leg mounts but never tried it myself so not sure about what issues they get. Well if there are technical limitations then can they be made "you can be dismounted if you suffer 7 hits in 5 seconds"? The hits part should be doable and differentiate it from legendary. :/
  • skpalantirskpalantir Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I think the new gear with the higher IL should have better stats than all the gear from previous mods. But all the gear in m19 has the same amount of HP as it is in the m18 gear. So I think it should be buffed.
  • nooneatzanooneatza Member Posts: 173 Arc User

adinosii said:

Hello, i go in depth about the balance discrepancy the set will create in this thread here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1255956/celestial-set-concern

This is the tl;dr version:
    It was said before you balance dps classes around rogue assassin, given same stats and celestial set this will happen:

Wizard arcanist applies daily and shoots off 20 encounters in the span of 10 seconds
    Cleric Arbiter shoots off the same amount of encounters anyway
    Ranger also has very low cooldowns compared to other classes, so they will benefit alot
    Rogue has (in the optimal loadout) 17.2s, 14.3s, 11.2s cooldowns, which if my math is right does not allow for a second stack of Divine Fury to ever proc.

If you will keep balancing dps classes based on end game rogue, boy you're gonna nerf alot of classes.
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    the blessed blade set seems like an upgraded version of the aboleth set, but +4500 power seems a little weak, can we have an increase of x% damage (like the aboleth) or a +x% power (like the alabaster, but this time fixed not dependent of how many anemies we are facing).
    it is pratically the best set for all of those that can't (or won't) do zariel's trial, sould be ok to make it a little more powerfull, and not bound to a fixed amount.
    reality is what most recognize as true
  • cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
    adinosii said:

There is a lot of IL 1230/1240/1250 armor pieces in the collection tab. Hoewever, they are all listed as having a type "Feet".

hastati96 said:

Crown of the Pit Fiend says it increases power by 7500%. It sounds a bit much imo :o

Thanks for catching these! We've got 'em in the database. (itsnotreally7500%)
    Miku V.