test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19: Avernus Adventure Zone

We're looking for both bug reports, and any feedback you may have. Thank you!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: The quest Collect 99 Rocks gets stuck at rock 98.

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Please make the “elite” mobs a bit tougher, soloing quests that recommend a minimum of 2 players should not feel as easy as it currently does.

PS: The new adventure zone itself is very well done! 10/10 to the design team 👍
    Elite Whaleboy
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    If a quest is meant for 2 or more players, it shouldn't be easy for a solo player. It's not solo content at that point, nor meant to be.
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    depends on what IL its directed at. If it is for 2k IL and the player in question is 25k it should be easy.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    The new map seems to have both "common" and "elite" quests and their respective areas. It stands to reason the elite versions should be more difficult and provide more rewards so that group play for campaigns is somewhat encouraged. The "common" quests done in "common" areas should, of course, be soloable for players at the recommended IL.
  • keadron#3660 keadron Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I would like to 3rd the Not make tougher. We should be able to solo our campaign quests with the only exceptions of dungeons, skirmish, or HE.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    I don't want to have a find a group to run regular campaign kinda missions. That's my quick stuff during my kids' nap time. If I'm gonna have to go through the trouble of getting a group together for it, it needs to provide rewards proportional to time spent. And I'm betting a regular quest doesn't do that if any of the other regular quests in the game are any indication....
    It's not even part of the weekies, it's a blue quest for a small amount of campaign items, part of a group of quests that rotate, if you don't want to do them, then don't. I wouldn't ask for the devs to take group content away though or make it easier, some people actually play this MMO for the group aspect and there should be quests for both solo and group imo.
    edited May 2020
    @wisper2048 , @kythelion#3210 , @keadron#3660

As you guys obviously have no idea what parts of the adventure zone/quest line I’m referring to, I don’t understand why you choose to answer my request for harder content.

The mobs I’m talking about are clearly marked as “elite”, in a part of the zone clearly marked as “elite” and only part of quests that are specifically marked as meant for groups.

This is the first time an adventure zone holds content that can actually feel challenging for endgame players, but sadly the mobs feel too weak in its current iteration.

While I do understand that most players find the new campaign content challenging enough, it is simply an extremely boring grind as soon as you get close to “endgame” gear levels.

I hope the devs can ignore selfish pleas for dumbed down content and continue what they are doing to please the entire player base.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    @wilbur626
    the campaign is reccomended for character with 21k+ item level, in my opinion they would absolutely need a party in the elite area.
    i tried with my 25,8k gf with an invoker companion (leggendary aranea, because i like using an active companion while adventuring/exploring/questing) and while they hit harder, a group remain soloable (didn't try to aggro the entire area of elite mob).
    the only one that kill me easily is the dock master, the first boss from IC (triead even with an augment).

if they need to be done by a party, is that a party of 21k or a party of 25k?
    reality is what most recognize as true
    > @xander#0631 said:
    > @wilbur626
    > the campaign is reccomended for character with 21k+ item level, in my opinion they would absolutely need a party in the elite area.
    > i tried with my 25,8k gf with an invoker companion (leggendary aranea, because i like using an active companion while adventuring/exploring/questing) and while they hit harder, a group remain soloable (didn't try to aggro the entire area of elite mob).
    > the only one that kill me easily is the dock master, the first boss from IC (triead even with an augment).
    >
    > if they need to be done by a party, is that a party of 21k or a party of 25k?

I think it’s pretty clear that areas/mobs marked as “elite” is not targeted at the minimum itemlevel audience, and this is why the content is 100% optional. The quests leading there are clearly marked as group content.

I’m guessing that you did not confront the bone devil with optimal stats, as you were using a non-augment companion.

Having elite mobs that actually show players that stats/group composition matters out in the adventure zone is an awesome opportunity to teach players how to gear.

Players that know what they are doing are able to complete IC at very close to minimum itemlevel, This means ALL content in the new adventure zone is possible to complete if built properly.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Great job from the visual point of view. The area reminds me both Darksiders (arenas, view of the citadel, Zariel) and Rage (middle area with warmachine) and that's absolutely great. The Hollyphant is awesome. Difficulty seems fine and having elite and normal areas will help less geared players.
    Hope maps will be implemented soon and waiting to get to the citadel. I would suggest improving a bit the steering capabilities of the Warmachine and making the spark trails in the central area a bit easier to follow (sometimes during the quest where you have to drive the warmachine through portal I had difficulties following the spark trail).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • indian#3824 indian Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Bug: Character is sinking in the Sand

Images
  • yannick234yannick234 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    The demon boss Siege Breaker Mog'Dorath respawns instantly after killing him
    The devil boss on the other takes like 30 seconds to respawn which is the intended way i guess
  • abrightdev#0791 abrightdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 12 Cryptic Developer

Bug: Character is sinking in the Sand

Images
    Appreciate the report. We will look into this and see if we can reproduce it.
  • sykotica#9312 sykotica Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This bug is in 3075,1252 , there is a hole in the map that i fell into and was unable to get out of.
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Missing tire textures and seemingly unfinished river up north.

https://imgur.com/a/9zbq2h1
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I found the elite area's to be challenging enough on my 26k DPS cleric. Died a couple of times.
    But then again, I'm not entirely end game, I don't have a perfect build. I'm in Australia, so I also have extra lag to contend with, so that adds to the challenge too. (I see red, I move, I'm out of red, OH! No, I'm NOT, I'm IN the red, AND I'm stunned and DEAD!)
    It was at times frustrating, but mostly fun, soloable, but faster with a friend.
    Don't make it harder, just because those that are elite end gamers want it that way, they are only a very small number of your player base.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
    The dialogue at the end of the campaign quest "Fragment of Hope" overlaps each other and is not spaced out properly with the voice overs
    edited May 2020
    > @liadan1984#8734 said:
    > I found the elite area's to be challenging enough on my 26k DPS cleric. Died a couple of times.
    > But then again, I'm not entirely end game, I don't have a perfect build. I'm in Australia, so I also have extra lag to contend with, so that adds to the challenge too. (I see red, I move, I'm out of red, OH! No, I'm NOT, I'm IN the red, AND I'm stunned and DEAD!)
    > It was at times frustrating, but mostly fun, soloable, but faster with a friend.
    > Don't make it harder, just because those that are elite end gamers want it that way, they are only a very small number of your player base.

I don’t think it should be soloable when it’s clearly marked as group content. I’m no “elite end gamer”, I just want to be able to enjoy adventure zones. Making the elite zones harde enough to require groups is a good way to make it enjoyable for everyone.
    Elite Whaleboy

I found the elite area's to be challenging enough on my 26k DPS cleric. Died a couple of times.
    But then again, I'm not entirely end game, I don't have a perfect build. I'm in Australia, so I also have extra lag to contend with, so that adds to the challenge too. (I see red, I move, I'm out of red, OH! No, I'm NOT, I'm IN the red, AND I'm stunned and DEAD!)
    It was at times frustrating, but mostly fun, soloable, but faster with a friend.
    Don't make it harder, just because those that are elite end gamers want it that way, they are only a very small number of your player base.

Most players will be around where you are item level wise, and the fact that you can solo in clearly marked group content means it should be made harder. This isn't just the "elite" who are asking for this, it's the people who play MMOs for the social aspect and to play with others but don't necessarily have time to commit to a dungeon or trial.
    the quest ' a friend in need' that you get from alric, has a bug after patch : we can't enter the room with Lulu, we don't get the trail to the room, we can't interact with the room

the quest ' a friend in need' that you get from alric, has a bug after patch : we can't enter the room with Lulu, we don't get the trail to the room, we can't interact with the room

Confirmed. This has to be fixed asap.
  • originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Most players will be around where you are item level wise, and the fact that you can solo in clearly marked group content means it should be made harder. This isn't just the "elite" who are asking for this, it's the people who play MMOs for the social aspect and to play with others but don't necessarily have time to commit to a dungeon or trial.
    If you wanted to spend time with your friends, you would do so even if the content can be completed solo. MEs are a good example, perfectly doable alone, much faster in a group so most people group up.

On my 26k HR with an hunter-root setup elite groups are fairly easy, mainly due to the amount of dazes you can inflict with Crushing Roots+Constrictive+Cordon+Plant Growth+Hindering. I can even take two groups at the same time if I don't lag. With an Arbiter Cleric it would be more difficult due to lack of control.
    during the quest 'fragment of hope' the characters (zariel, asmodeus, guys that follow zariel) started talking at the same time

• abrightdev#0791 abrightdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 12 Cryptic Developer
    arazith07 said:

The dialogue at the end of the campaign quest "Fragment of Hope" overlaps each other and is not spaced out properly with the voice overs

during the quest 'fragment of hope' the characters (zariel, asmodeus, guys that follow zariel) started talking at the same time

Confirmed. This has to be fixed asap.
    Thanks for the reports. Investigating now
  • eminnerdev#8159 eminnerdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 32 Cryptic Developer
    We have tracked down the issue with the door to Lulu's room being inaccessible. Terramak has informed me that we're aiming for Friday for the fix but hope we can get it out sooner than that! Thank you for your patience!