test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Battle Worn Rod

icekoob#9523 icekoob Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Does the drop rate need to be so low? I am either filling zones with 28 people, or joining full zones every 2 hours or so for most of the day, and we are stomping bosses regularly. In a little over a week I have only ever seen one person get the rod to drop. Is this WAI? Please consider giving us a little bit better RNG on this. Insurgency boss farming is pretty fun, but I feel like popular interest in this will dwindle fast if people don't start seeing rewards. I realize that the forger's box is a trinket and not entirely necessary for any kind of content, but it is fun to upgrade so please throw us a bone like you have done for the Broken Rod in skill kits.

Comments

• lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    its actually getting more stressful than fun. This item shouldn't be so rare considering insurgence is every 2 hours and lasts like 5 minutes.

Like people have stated in previous threads, making the bel meter fill slower would be a good solution for ppl to be able to do insurgences. Bel is up for a whole hour compared to the 5 minutes on insurgences, a massive difference. The meter needs to fill atleast twice or 3x as slower than it currently is.

Another option would be to significantly reduce the cooldown on insurgences to max 30 mins or just make the rod drop more often.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I have 3 characters that I play but I have people in my guild with many many more. That said I have only seen one of these rods linked in chat in over 2 weeks now. If I need to farm these events to get the rod for even my 3 characters, I will have to give up a good portion of my life to watch a timer app that tells when it will pop again; FOREVER!

I am sure at this point unless they raise the drop rate I will just settle for having all three characters with the blue box. The event will die too as I am sure as others become more and more sick of waiting for the reset knowing they won't get the rod.
  • furdawg#9281 furdawg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I have done lots of the insurgencies and a boss has spawned maybe 5 times. Most often no boss spawns. It certainly is getting to the point of high frustration as the chance of getting one of these nil to none
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I've also come here to complain. Mostly because the process to get the rod is nonsensical but I'm also here because the OP requested that I come here to complain after running yet another pointless insurgency.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Mods please delete this post.
    Post edited by mythdemeanour on
  • aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    The box is a nice to have but nothing game breaking. Nevertheless I would like to have it on 6 of my toons. Does that mean I have to farm bosses the next 2 years? Pls reconsider that lousy drop rate, ty.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    The same error repeats and repeats. RNG with no limit to progress... = frustration

Seems that is hard to come with something better
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • unsenametakenunsenametaken Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Over the last 3 days i have had 30+ bosses spawn and have yet to get the rod. I dont know why it is so rare but it is feeling pointless to even continue farming this until the drop chance gets raised. For now the only point of this episode is to get the new companion.
  • mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Apparently none of you have noticed their intended trinket progression. The first patch post episode adjusted the Reinforced Rod drop rate. The next week, they magnified the Broken Rod drop rate. This last week they "fixed" Alyssa's store, making the Balanced Rod available again. Following the pattern here, it seems they only want one upgrade per week, therefore I'm fairly confident we'll see an adjustment either Tuesday or Thursday to either the boss spawn rate and/or the Battle Worn Rod drop rate.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    mestrahd said:

Apparently none of you have noticed their intended trinket progression. The first patch post episode adjusted the Reinforced Rod drop rate. The next week, they magnified the Broken Rod drop rate. This last week they "fixed" Alyssa's store, making the Balanced Rod available again. Following the pattern here, it seems they only want one upgrade per week, therefore I'm fairly confident we'll see an adjustment either Tuesday or Thursday to either the boss spawn rate and/or the Battle Worn Rod drop rate.

A reaosnable assumption considering they did exactly the same thing with watcher bosses in mod 16. Lied to us and told us it was already inplemented, then activated it by stealth 1 stage at a time until it was finally all available.

• highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Well, we all get it now, as most of us have done the insurgencies every time they popped up. The rod has a ( maybe) .05 % chance to drop from a boss that only spawns 30 - 50% of the time which could mean that some players may NEVER EVER receive a rod for the rest of their playing life. I have been in multiple instances where we completed 10 rifts and not one boss showed up.

Unless there is a fix (Like the fix to the Alabaster drop rate) I am all but positive I have a good chance of NEVER seeing that rod drop. So I will just farm writings and forget about the Forger's for now.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I did over 70 insurgencies and still no Battle Worn Rod. It starts to be frustrating. I give it maybe 10 more insurgencies and then I would simply skip upgrading the Box.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I've already pretty much given up on it. I will not change my life's schedule to suit the game. Logging in every 2 hours or so for another "no drop" makes insurgencies/bel feel like a labor job. On top of all that you log in 10 minutes too late and realize you have to wait another 2 hours to try again.

It's worse then me/we/fe's. At least with them you could run them on your own schedule.

As it stands now. I only do insurgencies if I am already logged in to the game when they pop. I don't log in specifically for them.

Every insurgency leaves me feeling a little more discouraged. So at this point I usually log out to relax. I'm happier when I don't participate.

P.S.

I only have one character. I pity those with alts.
  • wreavis25wreavis25 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I had a broken metal rod drop this morning from a skill node in the Phantasmal Fortress. I hope this helps. Good luck.

oops sorry, wrong rod:(
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    This is too much, 130+ insurgencies (counted as from the achievement) and nothing, we are on a streak as i write this post 2h+ of insurgencies. Stop this ffs, make it a fixed number of runs and thats it
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    mestrahd said:

Well, it looks like those players that wanted training-runs got what they were asking for.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    My question is, is it working as intended? The rng I can deal with, regardless of how ridiculous it may be. I'm more curious as to whether it's dropping is working as intended, is it purely rng or is there more to it? If we look back on previous issues with rods and drops could something like this be applicable here unintentionally?
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    My guess is it's RNG on top of really bad RNG. I've also stopped grinding for it as it's simply not worth it. I get that the Dev team is under staffed but using this strategy as a play to extend out a small episode is really an unfortunate path.

This is too much, 130+ insurgencies (counted as from the achievement) and nothing, we are on a streak as i write this post 2h+ of insurgencies. Stop this ffs, make it a fixed number of runs and thats it

Update, 156 insurgencies no rod. Code your game right omg
  • bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Took 110 insurgencies, and the bone devil boss killing everyone else but me, but finally got the rod. We should not want others around us to die to the boss just for a better chance for ourselves. This is exactly the opposite of what harder trials and dungeons are getting us to do, work together to beat something we couldn't do alone. This seems to be taking us a step backward in this regard.
  • vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    to be honest i have given up i got to avernus 1 per day to get my 20%
    can not be bothered to farm any more it is beyond a joke
    what would have worked better for those of us that have 0 chance of rng gear would have been that the boss dropps a part of the rod and 25 parts could be turned in for the rod
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I am done. I did now 80 insurgencies and still no Battle Worn Rod. I even have the Infused and Dented Rod in my storage. This is very unfortunate but I am sick of doing insurgencies over and over again.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    These stupid RNG chases are asinine.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Update, 156 insurgencies no rod. Code your game right omg
    180+ insurgencies (im tired of counting already). broken instances, infernal lag. At this point you better give a legendary mount for doing this torture. You said that you were going to change and not do this HAMSTER anymore, but all I see is you guys keep releasing bugged content
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    Today patch will "increase" Battle Worn Rod.

The Battle Worn Metal Rod and rings now have a chance to drop for all players who damage a warlord.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11451683-patch-notes:-version:-nw.120.20200427a.24

• kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    nic1985 said:

Today patch will "increase" Battle Worn Rod.

The Battle Worn Metal Rod and rings now have a chance to drop for all players who damage a warlord.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11451683-patch-notes:-version:-nw.120.20200427a.24

Yes, that's great, BUT, where is the "we'll give you more communications and transparency" promised in the twitch lives ?

:)

Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir