test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ONE healing potion Per battle WHY ????

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
So the decision was made that you can just use 1 healing per battle. This will not go down well. Really cannot see how your private testers did not go insane over this this WILL cost you players !!!!!

Please FIX THIS !!!!!!!
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Health stones can entirely replace a healing role on a team at this time. There are teams that *regularly* run IC Tank+4DPS. Anything lower than that can be done with 5 DPS pretty easily. The only thing I know if right now that still actually needs a healer is ToMM, and that's only because of the sutained damage phases. Hell, maybe even not for that, I don't know. This is gonna hurt a lot of players that have relied on health stones for sure, but that doesn't necessary make it a bad thing.

I think a better solution would be to remove health stones and continue to allow regular potion use on the current cooldown.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    this is great news this means my 550k+ hit point cw tank meta is back : D *sarcasm*

if you cant heal them(yourself) ..join them : d ..and get a huge hitpoint pool lol of and a holy avenger healing weapon enchantment now of coarse
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I wasn't aware that anyone actually used healing potions...I figured they were just to sell to vendors for professions gold.

I'm only half kidding. Health stones have been part of so many giveaways and promotions by this point, and potions aren't needed for daily content, so...yeah.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

Truth. But that doesn't mean it isn't contributing to a problem. :/
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    well at least we cant say cryptic is pushing health stones sales in the zen store now right : D
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I don't use a lot of healing potions or health stones but this seems like wanton punishment for the regular player who may not be as skilled or 'top notch' as top liners. If someone needs/wants to drink a lot of healing potions during a battle, let them. They ain't hurting anyone. The cooldown is fine enough as it is.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Could someone post some more information on what this thread is referring to. Is this referencing the bug where the cooldown timer doesn't update automatically in the UI? If it is that, we are aware and are working on that issue. If you hit alt to pull focus away and hit alt again the timer will update to where it actually is.
    edited May 2020
    OP says they could only use one potion per battle. The rest of us are discussing the potential reasonableness of such a possible change.
  • lardesonlardeson Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    Like noworries stated, there's a bug with cooldown on items on the trays but you can certainly use as many health stones as you want. Unless u are talking about regular healing potions which i dont use and haven't tested.
    Lardeson CW not Mage. Where's my fireball and my thunderbolt?
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

I think a better solution would be to remove health stones and continue to allow regular potion use on the current cooldown.

Only if:

1 timer from using a potion of any kind during combat doesn't put the entire potion tray on cooldown. As it stands now if you were to equip 2 sets of healing potions and use 1, or you accidentally hit your invocation blessing reward while in combat the everything except yer Doohickey, or battle horn goes on cooldown. Really makes trying to survive a battle with huge hits impossible if you can't spam the healing potions. I'm looking more at instances with poor healers, or healer that just don't care to try and do their job, or when running solo PVE content(not soloing dungeons for rAD, but just doing the campaigns).

and or
    2 remove the cooldown timer from the potions completely.

All this of of course requires a new set of healing potions that heal for way more than 65k hp. For a tank running solo content or with bad healers, 65k hp from a potion is worthless, when big hits or mobs are doing 200k plus damage...

The whole point of the cooldown timer and the limited health gain from potions was, and would still be, to make the healer more necessary. That's the whole point of about three mods now.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    The CD timer on potions during combat is a visual bug, it still goes on CD for the normal time and you can use it again once the it cools down, you just need to keep track of the time left another means until the devs fix it.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

The whole point of the cooldown timer and the limited health gain from potions was, and would still be, to make the healer more necessary. That's the whole point of about three mods now.

I won't run PVE content(campaigns) with a healer. I shouldn't have to. And having said that in a lot of dungeons I have to self heal anyways because the healer is no good, too busy healing dpsers that can't let the tank do his job and tank the boss, or the healer just flat doesn't care about doing their job.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

I won't run PVE content(campaigns) with a healer. I shouldn't have to. And having said that in a lot of dungeons I have to self heal anyways because the healer is no good, too busy healing dpsers that can't let the tank do his job and tank the boss, or the healer just flat doesn't care about doing their job.
    Which, in theory, shouldn't be a problem with the new changes. If you're a tank, and the healer has "marked" you, stay within 100ft, and you can be healed. Pretty sure it's a line of sight heal only (from my testing, but yet to be confirmed), but when I tested it in LOMM, with Arcturia, I had my back turned, and was able to cast it, without it turning me around. So... I guess as long as there are no obstructions to the heal, and the healer doesn't run out of divinity trying to keep those pesky dpsers alive!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Choice to have 1 healing potion per fight would be ok on pen & paper or even some old cRPG.

But here?

No.

Potions should have a 15sec CD, same like they used to before in MOD 2-3. I really do not need to have a healer/tank for every grass and tree I venture to as a dps and be dependent upon their good will or whether they stood up on left or right leg that day.

Granted, some insignia bonuses and gear help to bring back hp, but let's be real NOBODY is using healing potions and it is affecting the economy badly.

Alchemy should run 100% and should be profitable to players that want to invest a bit in it.

How many GIGABYTES this game takes, yet current two options are either Health Stone or Healing by healing classes.

MOD6 was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, perhaps it's time to let that go.

What's the point of having a market in PE then?

Market also needs a full rework. Aside from few vendors, It's not relevant since MOD2 imho.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language