test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MOD19 : story

i looked into mod 19 related stuff and, from what i saw, we complete the story with the campaign, we have an 'ending' outside of the dungeon/trial, correct me if i'm wrong.

i really like this, finally we can understand how stuff went even without playing the dungeon and even on low geared character.

the trial is only a way to give reaward and don't seems part of the story, we challenge Zariel to see if 'we are worty' (but worty of what?it's explained if we unlcok the trial the right way?) and not to save (or like i the older campaign to stop) her
reality is what most recognize as true

Comments

• carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    The trial description says that redeemed Zariel challenges us to make sure we are worthy of obtaining her Sword (as a gift for redeeming her? idk), which is an extremely powerful object according to the lore. The actual in-game artifact is kinda meh tho.
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    This game doesn't really explain story, let's be honest. Even if you complete all the missions and dungeons and read the lore, >_> which yes some of us do, the story is incomplete and largely incomprehensible unless you already know the gist of it. The player base at large doesn't even know there IS story behind the game and the different zones and modules and such. I would suggest that if you're the kind of person who wants to know the story, you can look it up online. NWO modules loosely follow the WotC DnD module releases so you can figure out what's going on by reading up on those.
  • xander#0631 xander Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    i'm half of both, i don't play for the story, if i want a story i'd read a book; but a story is, in my opinion, part of the gameplay and having one that doesn't need the completion of a end-game dungeon to actually undertand is nice.

actually i hope we can see the 'real ending' i mean we have this stronghold thrown into avernus, by redeeming Zariels and bby the words of Makos, the strongholds should return to faerum: this i'd like to see, like at the end of the maze engine bruenor was in the throne room, i want to see alric return to faerum.
    reality is what most recognize as true