test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Soulweaver Suggestion

d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I would love to see more powers that leaches your health. Like maybe with Harrowstorm, if there are no enemies around, it takes your own health instead

Comments

• Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User

I would love to see more powers that leaches your health. Like maybe with Harrowstorm, if there are no enemies around, it takes your own health instead

Interesting, but...why? Harrowstorm heals the same regardless of whether or not enemies are present. Having it potentially damage the caster would be a nerf.

The "cast from HP" vibe on the Soulweaver is very underdeveloped and in most cases pretty silly since it can heal itself with its own toolkit. Usually this kind of mechanic is reserved for classes without on-demand self-healing since it can serve as a limitation on an otherwise powerful ability.

I don't think it serves a useful function on Soulweaver as a healing path, but they could theoretically increase its impact by modifying some of the more irrelevant encounters into strong healing or mitigation tools that inflict an appropriately large amount of damage to the caster (possibly without applying the healing or mitigation, or in tandem with a short-lived, unremovable debuff that drastically reduces Incoming Healing). Such a thing would be difficult to balance since the encounters would need to be practical to use without having completely negligible side effects, but it could be done.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Stopped being relevant.. Post can be deleted.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    obviously a troll...
  • Options
    vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Troll or not, the topic is legit. A lot of players have expressed a desire to see more life-leeching on Soulweaver. I like to give benefit of the doubt.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• Options
    d3monicekoolaidd3monicekoolaid Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    No I’m not being a troll....it was a genuine suggestion. Harrowstorm does NOT heal if enemies are absent, that’s why I suggested life steal. Obviously this was before I saw Mod 19