test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Puzzles

trilleschtrillesch Member Posts: 8 Arc User
How about bringing the puzzles that need to be solved in dungeons to the game like file turning and others that are DDO online .

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    There is a hidden puzzle in Grey Wolf Den. The Mod 6 designer decided that all dungeons should be one-dimensional runs to the phat lootz chest and ordered that it be blocked off with a wall, but the right rogue can still reach it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    There are puzzles in Temple of the Nine Gods.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

There is a hidden puzzle in Grey Wolf Den. The Mod 6 designer decided that all dungeons should be one-dimensional runs to the phat lootz chest and ordered that it be blocked off with a wall, but the right rogue can still reach it.

There are also at least two in the Pirate King's Lair, and one in Spellplague Caverns. I strongly suspect that the reason for the designers decision to remove the content, had something to do with the majority of players running past said content without even attempting to interact with it. I know I only found out about them during solo runs, or when another player specifically called them out. Which was very rare.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    And isnt there an Adventure Party that can be found in Malabog or Valindra's Castle that no one EVER fights? Its off the beaten track [i.e. you dont *have* to complete it] so no-one has ever helped me to take them down. Sighs.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User

And isnt there an Adventure Party that can be found in Malabog or Valindra's Castle that no one EVER fights? Its off the beaten track [i.e. you dont *have* to complete it] so no-one has ever helped me to take them down. Sighs.

Their door got locked.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    For crying out loud! Did some dev's kid get confused and they took it to be a representative sample of the playerbase? Stop trying to protect us from ourselves!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    It's the Stronghold Steward's fault for telling the Cleric that, " . . .every Adventurer needs a 'good run' through Dungeon" which was picked up by the '15 minute Speed Runners' and we got away from the (All bow and scrape) 'Time Honored' "Dungeon Crawl where every 'crook and nanny' was checked for treasure.

Of course if the 'slow player who opened every skill kit and 'last opened' every chest (and for doing so got upscale Rare, Epic or Legendary drops instead of all the "cheesy Green" drops every one else got, plus the standard 10,000 xp bonus for picking up a fallen comrade and the achievement of being in a Dungeon 5, 25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000 or 50000 when all 5 skill kits are opened, plus the new bonus for killing 5000 and 50000 Dragons.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I recall a Foundry I played here, the cave was dark and there was glyphs on the stones. I had to follow the correct glyphs or just like Dr. Jones in the Last Crusade I end up down in the pit... but I just had to crawl back out and start over. That was fun puzzle and not a jumpy puzzle either.

Today you add traps and you get players whining about having to use and injury kit or wait by a campfire. I imagine if you add puzzles, like I did in Mad Monty's Mystery Maze, they would whine about having to think. My husband once called this a D&D reskin of CoD but dumbed down greatly. I don't think that is a very apt description of the game. However that might be the direction they plan to head.
    wb-cenders.gif