test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shift Mechanic Bug (Rogue) in current content

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
It's an old bug but somewhat more prevalent in the current content, specifically when fighting Bel or fighting in Hell Pit.

Basically the shift key just stops functioning and you can no longer use the roll/dodge mechanic.

Reproduction:
Unknown. I have recorded a clip of it occuring and even watching it back it's not possible to say what is causing it other than when you are entering specific events, in this case, Bel fight and Hell Pit. It does not happen all the time and is very random. Possibly a timing combination on use of encounters and artifact. Sometimes I feel it's more evident/occurring when I'm rotating through my combos quickly.

Result:
"Shift" key no longer functions, meaning you can not use "shift" to roll/dodge. You can still however, use WASD by double tapping each to roll/dodge, assuming you have this still in your default key binds, this is NOT a viable solution due to the obvious delay in doing this function to the result. Especially on the events it's failing where timing is critical.

Also to add that a random fix to this, is to activate the Rogue Daily "Whirlwind of Blades" as shown in clip linked below. Does NOT work with shocking Execution, another reasoning to it stemming from a combination of "skill" usages

Expected Result:
"Shift" function works as intended.

Not sure if you can embed videos here but here's the clip on twitch

Shift Mechanic bug

Edit: For the record, it did not reoccur in the next run, despite following the exact same "path"

Comments

• blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    TR here also.

Same problem, noticed this after Descending mod.

Happens in other maps than Vallenhas. Happens in a sudden, even in the middle of a quest just walking around.

Sometimes jump stops working too. Tried to use a mount a dismount, do not work. Need to change map to make it working again.
  • flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    ukspawn said:

It's an old bug but somewhat more prevalent in the current content, specifically when fighting Bel or fighting in Hell Pit.

Basically the shift key just stops functioning and you can no longer use the roll/dodge mechanic.

Reproduction:
    Unknown. I have recorded a clip of it occuring and even watching it back it's not possible to say what is causing it other than when you are entering specific events, in this case, Bel fight and Hell Pit. It does not happen all the time and is very random. Possibly a timing combination on use of encounters and artifact. Sometimes I feel it's more evident/occurring when I'm rotating through my combos quickly.

Result:
    "Shift" key no longer functions, meaning you can not use "shift" to roll/dodge. You can still however, use WASD by double tapping each to roll/dodge, assuming you have this still in your default key binds, this is NOT a viable solution due to the obvious delay in doing this function to the result. Especially on the events it's failing where timing is critical.

Also to add that a random fix to this, is to activate the Rogue Daily "Whirlwind of Blades" as shown in clip linked below. Does NOT work with shocking Execution, another reasoning to it stemming from a combination of "skill" usages

Expected Result:
    "Shift" function works as intended.

Not sure if you can embed videos here but here's the clip on twitch

Shift Mechanic bug

Edit: For the record, it did not reoccur in the next run, despite following the exact same "path"

WW double tap is all i use. To each his own and by no means do I think that the shift should not be fixed but I have no issues at all with "timing" and in fact can dodge much easier doing WW.