test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Never Received Dormant Forger's Box / Ticket Number 197288

dasde#3854 dasde Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Following up on this and looking for some resolution as this is a game breaking bug with the current pre-mod 19 content we are now venturing in.

Thank you

Original Ticket - Missing Item
dasde
May 22, 2020, 8:56:39 PM PDT
I've met all requirements, completed all quests...even says so in my completed quest log. I checked my inventory and my bank. I cannot find the reward Item "Dormant Forger's Box" anywhere for the Rage of Bel questline. I'm even further on past that point in the line of quests and have been able to obtain the additional rods to upgrade the Dormant Forger's Box. I've never received it. I appreciate any help or assistance you can provided. It doesn't make sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 23, 2020, 8:46:04 PM PDT
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Player Support.

I understand that you're reporting about the Dormant Forger's Box from the Rage of Bel questline. I would like it very much if I can help you with this. However, upon consulting our Leads, we're informed that this item is not a guaranteed reward and has a random chance to drop for everyone. I apologize for any inconvenience, Adventurer. Nonetheless, if you have other concerns or queries, please submit a new support ticket.

Thanks again for playing Neverwinter.
Regards,
GM Etelia
Game Master

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dasde
May 24, 2020, 03:23 AM PDT

GM Etelia,
Thank you for looking into this. Unfortunately, the leads you consulted are wrong…

The Dormant Forger’s Box is awarded upon completion of the quest Ring the Bel, which I have completed. My wife completed it and received the box, my guildmates and alliance mates have completed it and received the box…it’s a reward at the end of the quest from defeating Bel once. I’ve defeated Bel several times, even soloed Bel, and the quest is completed in my quest log, yet when I turned the quest in it did not reward me the item.

What is NOT a guaranteed drop are the numerous rods you can obtain to upgrade the box.

Here’s a breakdown on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/gljufq/rage_of_bel_guide_for_the_lost_and_confused/ It’s the only thing online I can find to explain it.

Thank you

Comments

• dasde#3854 dasde Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Screenshots showing my character completed the requirements, yet no item was received. imagecollectionsquestlog
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The collections page shows that you did receive the box.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Maybe include your inventory in the screen shot to prove it is not in there?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    pitshade said:

The collections page shows that you did receive the box.

+1. Otherwise, it would be greyed out in the collection page. And it is not discardable. Hence, it should be somewhere in your inventory.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2020
    Thank you for the replies, yes I agree it should be in my inventory....but nothing. When I turned in the quest, quest completed, but I did not receive the item. I even checked my bank, mail, and even swapped to my other loadout to see if it mysteriously went to my Item Tray, but nothing. I did not have a full inventory either at the time, I don't keep a full inventory...always keep at least one complete bag empty. Yes, it's Bound and not Discardable... My character and all of his inventory space to what is available does not hold the item, so where is it? Is there a way to just pull it off of the Collections page?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Thank you for the replies, yes I agree it should be in my inventory....but nothing. When I turned in the quest, quest completed, but I did not receive the item. I even checked my bank, mail, and even swapped to my other loadout to see if it mysteriously went to my Item Tray, but nothing. I did not have a full inventory either at the time, I don't keep a full inventory...always keep at least one complete bag empty. Yes, it's Bound and not Discardable... My character and all of his inventory space to what is available does not hold the item, so where is it? Is there a way to just pull it off of the Collections page?

The quest "ring the bel" does not give you that. Hence, you would not receive that from completing that quest.
    You got that before "ring the bel". I have a few toon who have not done "ring the bel", they all have the box in inventory.
    Post the picture of your inventory and bank. May be we can spot something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

The quest "ring the bel" does not give you that. Hence, you would not receive that from completing that quest.
    You got that before "ring the bel". I have a few toon who have not done "ring the bel", they all have the box in inventory.
    Post the picture of your inventory and bank. May be we can spot something.
    Plasticbat you complete Ring the Bel at the end or after being awarded the Dormant Forger's Box initially. It's the only "timestamp" per say I have in my questlog to show I've completed the steps and am well beyond the point of where everyone receives the item. It's not in my inventory, it's not in my bank... It's not on my one other loadout. I know what I'm looking for, been playing MMOs since 1997 and even spent 2 years as a GM and CSR on another MMO. My Collections tab shows I earned the Item, yet I never "received" the Item...how is that so? I have no other way to obtain it and it's literally game-breaking as the current pre-mod 19 contact is a bit focused around this Item. I appreciate the help and assistance, but I've grown impatient with this and am confused on why the powers to be cannot simply look at the situation and award my character the item I rightfully earned, it's absurd. You don't see the emails and the misinformation I've been handed either... I apologize if I come off a bit brash. I mean I've even earned 4 of the rods to upgrade the Item now... Heck, I'd even settle to give me the option to claim it from my Collections tab lol.

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @dasde#3854! Did you receive any additional replies to your ticket?

Nitocris83, I appreciate you asking and the inquiry. However and unfortunately, no I've had no significant progress or concrete resolution.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Hi @dasde, not sure if this will help you, on PC something similar happened to me with different item and mission. What "solved" the problem was mouse clicking on every bag slot from all my bags and then reordering them all.

It was like the client and server were in different game states and the client was not aware of the new item.

Hope this helps.
    nisckis said:

Hi @dasde, not sure if this will help you, on PC something similar happened to me with different item and mission. What "solved" the problem was mouse clicking on every bag slot from all my bags and then reordering them all.

It was like the client and server were in different game states and the client was not aware of the new item.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the suggestion nisckis, unfortunately I've tried swapping my bags to different slots and even reorganizing them with no luck. Still haven't received the box, can't find it, but yet...it's sitting there all nestled on my Collections tab. Funny thing is too...I've collected 4 rods already, even have gotten the Broken Rod to drop 3 times from nodes. All these rods, but I don't have a box to upgrade....
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Nitocris83, I appreciate you asking and the inquiry. However and unfortunately, no I've had no significant progress or concrete resolution.
    Thanks @dasde#3854. I'm looking into this further with CS and the team.