test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Balanced Rod disappears after restoring with Broken Rod

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited May 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
Possibly a bug, but since restoring my Glowing Forger's Box to Burning Forger's Box using the Broken Rod, the Balanced Rod in shop npc "Alyssa Misdani" in Vallenhas Keep has disappeared altogether, which is the next Rod I need to restore.

I have not claimed it, you can't until you reach "Marshall" rank according to the description that still shows for alts that haven't got this far. Unsure if it's a bug or if it will reappear once I reach Marshall rank (200% ?) Just seemed odd it's visible until reaching the restoration stage where it's required, albeit not the Amulet rank.

Probably reproduction
1) Use Broken Rod to restore Glowing Forger's Box

Result
1) NPC "Alyssa Misdani" in Vellenhas Stronghold no longer shows/sell Balanced Metal Rod

Expected REsult
1) Would assume it should still be there, unless it reappears once "Marshall" rank is obtained for the Amulet

EDIT:

I have since repeated on alt and can verify it does reoccur
Post edited by ukspawn on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sinister2099#5592 sinister2099 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Could you please confirm where the Broken Rod dropped for you. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Skill nodes, anywhere in NW. Seen it happen on a stream a few minutes ago.
    I presume you have to have ranked up the warden quest line, though, which makes this goose chase even less appealing.
  • Options
    alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    evemj said:

I presume you have to have ranked up the warden quest line, though, which makes this goose chase even less appealing.

People have now confirmed that the rod drop will in a skill node if you are still the first Order rank. Thanks!
    Post edited by alphastream on
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • Options
    furdawg#9281 furdawg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I am at 2nd rank, opened 20 or 30, no rod
  • Options
    vcttethiasvcttethias Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I had to do 90+ nodes in a single map to do it (you can instance swap). You need to do it in a certain amount of time so the rumor goes.
  • Options
    furdawg#9281 furdawg Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    got mine on 60 in Cragmore. I am guessing that the 20 in 20 mins is a timer for crystals. Once you get over 20 in less than 20 mins there is only 1 trash item in drop. So there are only spots for 2 items in and you need to free one up to get rod to drop.
  • Options
    beya1beya1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    i may confirm - after restoring box with broken metal rod, the balanced one on NPC disappeared. So, pls, fix that bug cuz i know many ppl already bugged at that step
  • Options
    azanikazanik Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I can confirm that the NPC no longer has a rod in inventory to purchase after restoring with the broken rod.
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User

evemj said:

Can anyone confirm whether they saw the rod drop in a skill node and were still the first Order rank? I'm at the first rank, have opened a ton of skill nodes, and no luck on the Broken Rod.
    Just got it and I'm still on the confafbuaelbui... first rank.
  • Options
    aixis2000aixis2000 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    @devs: Any fix to the Balanced Metal Rod Bug soon? It isnt any longer to get from Alyssa after restoring with Broken Rod.