test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warden Vs Assassin

carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
My Ranger and Rouge have similar recommended items so the pretty much use the same equipment and selected feats yet my Rouge far out damages my Ranger when the latter has much higher stats. Why is this?

A Wardens hardest hitting encounter power 450 when the Assassin has way harder hitting Smoke powers. My Bomb and Blade Flurry combo alone decimates groups of mobs yet a single swipe of Hindering Strike (which is higher magnitude that both rouge abilities combined) can't clear the same group in that strike?

Has anyone else noticed this imbalance?

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    No... you are looking at it the wrong way.

The answer is: mainly combat advantage (from stealth.) Ranger does not gain CA just out of thin air.
    Then the assassin can have the feat of stacking up poison, which with 2x blade furry + smokebomb can do a lot.
    Practically, with your selection, the assassin has an amazing combo to deal with trash, then he hits the cool-down. The ranger has smoother and sustainable damage output.

So no, one actually does not outperform the other - rather has a completely different strong side.
  • carl#6379 carl Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    That's a great way of looking at it. But my rouge's dps seems to stay fluent. More so than my Ranger. I made a few adjustments after I made this post and my Hindering Strike seems to be hitting harder. Even my Marauder's and Boar Charge does too. I guess I'll get a second look after LoMM on Ranger again.
  • paladinrja#5247 paladinrja Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    carl#6379 said:

My Ranger and Rouge have similar recommended items so the pretty much use the same equipment and selected feats yet my Rouge far out damages my Ranger when the latter has much higher stats. Why is this?

Playing both: The Stormwarden Yselda is my much older character. Am currently working up a Draconian Assassin Kapakernixus. -- I'd say its simply due to the Assassins on hit debuffs. -- Yselda, certainly hits much, much harder (hedmath); but Kapakernixus' ability to strip down and expose with dps is all the difference.

Take the (OK) Paladin? -- He does crazy amounts of damage; and in a party that strips down buffs and exposes, its almost "wrath of god-like" -- its not "per second" though, which is the important part of the term 'dps'.

So in short: its not that the Assassin is hitting harder, its that he's tearing down defenses in CQC. -- I can guarantee you, your assassin is not out-damaging your warden. It just looks that way, and effectively performs that way too.

That said, it'd be good if they did something about the Paladin (without pulling the rug out from under existing build, btw). Radiant is too technical for most players, in a class thats too technical. Paladin should == Ranger in Heavy armour, geared for battlefield command. Its not that.