test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rank System

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
Since I really hate the way scaling is done in this game and want to be rid of it, I thought I'd put up an alternative idea that might keep the end gamers involved (because really scaling is there for them). So how about a rank system?

In Protector's Enclave, put a spot for statues: one representing each class. At the end of each week (or month), a statue of the highest ranked player of that class is put on display. Statues can then be interacted with to see a current ranking chart of the top 100 of that class, followed by the viewers rank (if they are of the correct class). Now Rank has nothing to do with item level, but instead with points. At the start of each week, everyone is reset to zero points (while the previous highest rank statues remain).

To gain points is simple: complete instanced queues and events. Completing faster instances like Master of the Hunt gives less points, harder instances like ToMM give more. For an event example Hellpit week one gives less points than Hellpit week two, and you'll definitely want the bonus round for more points. I'll leave it up to Cryptic who has the actual stats for point allocation.

If you are the top at the end of the week, not only do you get a statue - maybe you get a title. "Best [class] of [date]". Maybe you get another currency to buy stuff with. Maybe you get coal wards.

What do you think? Is this idea worth a shot? I'd especially like to hear from high end gamers as again, this would be for you guys. I personally wouldn't care for it much since I'm not the competitive sort. I just want that bloody scaling system gone!
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• Options
    corsair#6764 corsair Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    The problem that jumps out at me immediately is the varying amount of time different people can put into the game. Lots of folks are stuck at home a great deal just now, but that's hardly true for everybody.

So, the upshot is that folks with more time to play are going to have quite the advantage in your suggested system.

But I think your idea has merit ... if time online can be factored into the final score in some way.
    Post edited by corsair#6764 on
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Thanks corsair! I agree though I can't see a way around that ... more participation means more points which ultimately is exactly what you said, more time = more advantage. The weekly/monthly reset is the only semi-balancing factor where someone who played 7 days straight to get rank 1 might not be able to do the same during the next time period.

Any suggestions are welcome :)
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!