test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sometimes wrong Active Companion is summoned

utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited May 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
I've noticed this a few times over the past months. I think it happens when changing loadouts. Sometimes it will change to a companion that I never use (but might have been active some time in the past). Had this happen on more than 1 char. I might not notice until end of a run. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or know why? Is there a hotkey maybe?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I use different comps generally on different loadouts. I know which should be up. I've never had an issue with it being one I haven't used lately.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I'm surprised no one else has experienced this. Happened a few times on my CW. Happens infrequently though, considering I change between solo single/AOE and Tomm Arcanist/Thaum builds quite often.

Also happens on my OP. Just did now. I was in tank build last few days. Today, after exiting an insurgency, I decided to switch to heal build to see what I needed to change to get 90k caps, so I was watching my char sheet after the loadout change. My stats plunged. I switch to companion tab and low and behold, my lvl 8 epic Cat was summoned instead of Polar Bear Cub.

This isn't the first time on my OP either. I guess someone doubtful would say I must have summoned that companion before I switched loadouts and simply forgot. But wtf was I doing with a lvl 8 Cat in the first place?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Getting it experience when you turned in a quest?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    greywynd said:

Getting it experience when you turned in a quest?

No, I'm not interested in leveling those companions. Also, if I were leveling a companion, it would be with the experience treatise. If I had ever summoned them intentionally, it would have been many months ago and long replaced.